Rebuild issues

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
auquhollie
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: stonehaven
Vehicle: hilux invincable 3.0 2006

Rebuild issues

Post by auquhollie »

Evening lads. I have a problem on my 2010 Kun25 2.5 D4D.

I have had the body off to repair the chassis. When put back together I have a code pop up P0183 (fuel temp sensor). Not sure what’s going on, car was running fine last week when I lifted the body off.

I am trying to find out where the fuel temp sensor is located ?. I’m assuming on the fuel filter housing ?.

I also have a secondary head scratcher. I have replaced all the brake pipes wheel rebuilding. Went to bleed the system today and although I got plenty of air out I just can’t get a brake pedal. I’ve bled several times but no joy. I have the brake light on the dash but not sure why ?

Any advice for me ?.
niclemaitre
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 99 IFS DC 4x4

Re: Rebuild issues

Post by niclemaitre »

Bleed from the furthest rear wheel first, then the nearer rear wheel. Then the load proportioning valve on the rear chassis. The the far front wheel, then the near front wheel.
Happy trails
Nic

SFA '97 DC - affirmatively shopped
SFA '87 DC "Rooies" - sold
IFS '99 DC "Benny"
auquhollie
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: stonehaven
Vehicle: hilux invincable 3.0 2006

Post by auquhollie »

Thanks Nic, that’s what I was doing but had no joy. It turned out to be the proportion valve on the axle. Stripped and cleaned and all good now. Apart from the brake light occasionally shows when depressing the brake.

Can’t suss out the fuel temp sensor though, buggered if I can find it to check it. Have reset the engine management light but comes straight back on. Grhhh
niclemaitre
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 99 IFS DC 4x4

Post by niclemaitre »

Try the https://www.japan-parts.eu website, put in your VIN and then with a bit of digging through the diagrams you should find one which shows the position of the fuel temp sensor.
Happy trails
Nic

SFA '97 DC - affirmatively shopped
SFA '87 DC "Rooies" - sold
IFS '99 DC "Benny"

Return to “The Workshop”