LockRight Front Locker

Modifications to any other vehicles or things which can benefit any of the other vehicles owners.
Gomario
Town: Humansdorp
Vehicle: Duster 4x4

LockRight Front Locker

Post by Gomario »

Good Day everybody,

Do people in South Africa use LockRight axle lockers?
I have searched on the internet but it looks like this locker is not used much in South Africa.
Depending on the region and language used, some know it as a 'sand locker' or ' no slip' locker or 'power' locker.
It works very well in the none primary, none steering axle!
I have it in my Duster and it does improve the traction even more than the EDL does. (And my Duster has a custom tunned EDL for my circumstances.)
LockRight.jpg
LockRight.jpg (32.65 KiB) Viewed 444 times
stevecyprian2
Town: Texas
Vehicle: DMW

Re: LockRight Front Locker

Post by stevecyprian2 »

Gomario wrote:Good Day everybody,

Do people in South Africa use LockRight axle lockers?
I have searched on the internet but it looks like this locker is not used much in South Africa.
Depending on the region and language used, some know it as a 'sand locker' or ' no slip' locker or 'power' locker.
It works very well in the none primary, none steering axle!
I have it in my Duster and it does improve the traction even more than the EDL does. (And my Duster has a custom tunned EDL for my circumstances.)
LockRight.jpg
Wow

Sent from my Infinix X650 using Tapatalk

Tristin
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: East london
Vehicle: Toyota hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC359

Post by Tristin »

Evening Mario
The well known lokka you referring to is an auto lokka.The auto lokka in the front diff does take some time to get used to. Manual locking hubs with the lokka is a perfect setup in my opinion.
Gomario
Town: Humansdorp
Vehicle: Duster 4x4

Post by Gomario »

Thank you for replying. And yes, sadly the Hilux has rear axle as primary Front lockable hubs is a must. I have used LockRight for years and it does wonders on sand (especially when turning while going up a steep sand dune) but it was used on a vehicle where the primary axle is in front and LockRight was in the rear. In 3 years I want to get me a Hilux single cab. I want to improve its sand (and mud) capability. It will be used mostly in Southern Africa. Obviously, I won't expect it to go places where a 1.3 Tonne vehicle goes but any bit of help will be welcomed. I just don't know if South Africans use a LockRight. Google doesn't think so

Sent from my LM-G910 using Tapatalk

Return to “General Mods”