hilex08
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilex V8, Ford Ranger 2500 td, C55 AMG

hilex

Post by hilex08 »

hi there all

my name is hennie venter ,49 years old, married to joey. we live in rustenburg for almost two years now.

I drive a 1979 hilux single cab, which I bought back in 1986. I paid R18 900.00 for it and still drive it after 21 years.

When I bought it, it was fitted with a Ford V6,joined to the old 4 speed box. i blew the motor twice and the gearbox once, as it over revved, and to much power from the V6.

In 1992 a I had gearmax in Welkom fit me a Borg warner t5 box, and overhauled the engine. That was a good investment, as i drove it untill this year,and decided to give it a birhday present, and fitted a lexus Ls400 engine. 8)

I used my lux for fishing,hunting and just plain enjoyment. I still have the origonal stickers issued by Natal Parks board, as a beach permit, which was free of issue then, only requirement was that you had to have it displayed on the vehilce. The last one I have on the window is a beach permit,1994, which I paid R120.00 for. That was also the last time I went there. I then headed down to the westen cape for my holidays.

we had a lot of fun, me and my lux.....we went to places too numerous to mention, all over SA, and the only time it let me down, was on Sodwana, with a blown head gasket.I towed caravans and ski boats all over, from Pongola dam,Kosi bay, down to Port Alfred, Mosselbay (saltic international artlure champs) caravanning at most resorts in SA, and hunting the great plains of the Karoo.

I had it re painted three times now, drove with four sets of tyres, each set giving me in the excess of 120000km, and the fifth set is now on the bakkie.

the odometer doesnt work anymore for a couple of years, so I have no idea how may km we have done so far...i guess over 600000km.........could be more.

I have been working in the mines all my life, and soon will be taking pension.....another 8 yrs!!!

Me and Joey still go camping and fishing, I dont do dirt anymore, as I have been there, and saw and lived the capabilties of my 4X4....the lexus now comes as a toy.....and just plain windgat ......

edit by benhur: I just linked this post to the pics you posted earlier so that it is easier for every one to see.

Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: hilex

Post by Family_Dog »

Hi Hennie,

Welcome aboard :)

It's great to see that you jhave kept your Hilux for so long and that she has served you so faithfully. And even better to hear you've thrown that V6 engine out and fitted another Toyota engine.

Were you able to sort out the fan problem that you had?

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Hi Hennie and welcome here. and I am sure you will enjoy the forum. It sounds like we need some pictures of your bakkie. The oldest bakkie on the forum to date (maybe)?
hilex08
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilex V8, Ford Ranger 2500 td, C55 AMG

Post by hilex08 »

hey there fam dog !

fan sorted out yes thanks !!!! managed to get another fan of the same type here in town. my connection had a hickup in pta and never made it here. thanks for the concern too !! :wink:

glad to learn that my lux is maybe the oldest on the forum.....any body out there maybe the same age?

by the way...my lux was the very first model lux 4x4 that came out.... 8)

Return to “Meet the People”