extended shackles

Discuss modifications on your 1979 to late 1998 SFA 4x4 Hilux here.
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2006 Hilux DC V6 Auto 4x4 Oldman Emu suspension

extended shackles

Post by Cookie Monster »

Hi Guys

I want to lift the back of the van about 40mm any ideas :?: I got a quote today for longer shackles and they want to charge me R240 ex vat per side and ex labour :( I am sure it cant be to dificult to manufacture :?:
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Re: extended shackles

Post by BenHur »

If you can find someone to bend lekker fris flatbar you will be a for away :wink:
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Goeie bl*#$%sem, kan jy dink watse voorarms 'n ou sal moet he om sulke flatbar te kan buig....
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

My idea was to just cut the existing shackle in two. Then weld an insert of 40mm on an area where you do not have to bend it. If you are concerned about the strength you can even weld another piece on top of the existing piece with thinner flat bar that can easily be bent. If you give the flat bar a proper v-shape bevel before welding it should be as strong as a solid piece. Just make sure you have good penetration. (on the weld).
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Cookie Monster »

Hi all

My shackles are straight and dont have any bends in them. I am just a little worried about stabilaty due to the length :?: and another thing how long would they have to be to give me about 40mm :?:
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

I am sure you can use Pythagoras to calculate that.
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Justin

That is hard to say, it all has to do with the current angle at which your shackles are positioned. The shackle position gets determined by the linear distance between the blade's connecting bolts. The more curved your blades are the smaller this distance would be and the flatter your blade the longer it will be. Thus with a "shorter blade the shackle will tend to be more upright and the length of the shackle compared to the gain in lift will tend more towards a 1:1 ratio i.e. 20mm length will give 20mm lift. but it the blade is "longer the shackle will be positioned at an angle and you will then have to go to your mother and hope she kept some of your old school books, especially your Trigonometry books so you can use that to determine the length of the shackle.

Or

Make a set of test shackles that are 80-100 mm longer than stock, drill a few sets of holes in them and then test-drive it until you find the right balance between lift and stability that works for you. If you are worried about the shackle's stability, you can weld a piece of flat bar between the two sides to "lock" them together. Just make sure you position it in such a way it does not hinder the movement of the shackle and acts as a bump stop.

Or

If you really want to be smart, you can make a adapter out of thick square tubing (or flat bar welded into a square shape) that bolts in position underneath your chassis and then the stock shackle can mount on this adapter again. I have seen a few okes on the oversees forums do that, and it seems to be a bit more stable then the longer shackles if you are not into building extreme articulation rock crawling vehicles, which is normally not too stable at higher speeds.

The other advantage of doing this is that you can now position the hole where the shackle mounts onto this adapter in such a way that you achieve the best angle for the shackle to be positioned at. Depending on the curvature of your blade, you want the shackle to be standing at almost 45 degrees to allow movement into both directions. This will allow inward and outward travel of the suspension.

If the shackle is too vertical the ride will be more bumpy and the shackle my invert if the wheel drop down too low when off-road and that can bend the blades if the shackle gets locked in an inverted position when the suspension tries to move back to its normal position.

If the shackle is too horizontal the upwards movement of the blades will be limited by the amount of travel before the blade stops against the chassis limiting upward travel of the suspension.

Nevertheless, remember this lift method will also not give you a 1:1 lift ratio as you are only extending one side. If you really want to be smart you can, make a similar adapter for the hanger as well.

Having two adapters per side will allow you to move the axle forward or backward to the ideal position where the slip yoke on the rear prop is also in the best position allowing enough travel in both directions while the suspension articulate. But do not forget to keep the wheels' position with regards to the wheel arches in mind otherwise the vehicle might look awkward or the wheels may rub.
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

pietpetoors wrote:I am sure you can use Pythagoras to calculate that.
Doesnt Pythagoras only work on perfect triangles? I think you rather need those other swear words to calculate this, remember SIN, COS and TAN Image
Scooter
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: JHB
Vehicle: '94 Raider, '05 Vigo 4.0 v6

Post by Scooter »

Hope to shed a bit of light on the Trig subject:
Trig.pdf
(80.88 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

No man. I think you guys make it too difficult. Look at you shackle. I cannot do this in the red tale, so somebody will have to translate:
Die shackle sal jou skuins sy vorm. Trek denkbeeldige kort sy horisontaal en 'n denkbeeldige vertikale sy. Die vertikale sy gaan deur die pin van jou shackle. No meet jy die horistontale sy en jy meet die vertikale sy. Tel 40mm by die lengte van die vertikale sy want dit is hoeveel jy hom wil lig.

Nou vat jy Pythagoras. Kort sy gaan X wees en lang sy gaan Y wees. Dus:
Die vierkantswortel van (X kwadraad plus Ykwadraad) gaan vir jou die lengte van die skuins sy gee. Ek kan nie formules hier tik nie so ek hoop bostaande werk reg.
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Vir petagoeras :wink: om te werk moet die hoeke 45+45+90 of 30+60+90 grade wees of het ek nou weer die kat aan die stert beet:?
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Eish Scooter hoe seer kry my breins nou toe ek daai dokument van jou oopmaak. :shock: :shock: Toe ek in 1996 my diploma gevang het het ek myself belowe ek will nooit weer wiskunde doen wat ek nie die antwoorde op jmy vingers en tone meer kan uitwerk nie.

Desimale wiskunde is veels te moeilik, so ek stick maar eerder by binere somme want jy hoef net tot by twee te kan tel :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Jammer bennie :!: I need to know this stuff for work, but to tell you the truth I still get confused when I look at it. :lol:
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Cookie Monster »

Mmmm :? Thanks guys for all the help but I what they say a simple guy and when they say A boer maak a plan that discribes me even though I am english :D My GF is afrikaans :D so I think I will make a mock up with holes as Bennie said and decide on what works best and the I will weld a brace between the to to make it really strong :mrgreen: Will post pics as I go along.
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Cookie Monster wrote:I want to lift the back of the van about 40mm
Gents, what will this lift do to you fuel consumtion?
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Niel kom ek verduidelik dit gou vir jou so, op jou IFS worry jy oor fuel consumption, op jou SFA is dit nie 'n faktor nie, met hom worry jy eerder oor off-road ability :wink:
Niel

Post by Niel »

So jy se dus die verbruik gaan redelik op as ek tussen die lyne lees
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Nee wat 'n 40mm lift agter sal nie so 'n groot verskil maak nie
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

My advies is om dit eers deeglik te ondersoek. Maak seker oor wat jy alles gaan nodig he. Praat met soveel kundige mense as moontlik, en vat hom dan vir Safari Centre om te doen.

Terwyl hulle besig is kan jy 'n biertjie of twee drink, lekker tv kyk en selfs op die Playstation speel. As jou GF game is kan jy selfs...
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Cookie Monster »

hehe :mrgreen: Talking about fuel consumption I wonder how much of a difrance a sail covering the load body will make :?:
Niel

Post by Niel »

Some guys remove the tail gate in order to save on fuel. Never done it myself and never got somone to tell me if it works or not.
ToyPiet
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Strand
Vehicle: Hilux D/C 4x4, '97

Post by ToyPiet »

I have found on fuel consumption it doesn't matter how I rig my hilux.
I tried the following:
1: Only canopy fitted
2: Canopy and roofrack fitted
3: Only roofrack fitted
4: No Canopy and roofrack fitted

Made no major difference to fuel consumption, stil a good 7km/l
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

The fuel consumption of any vehicle is directly linked to the weight of the driver's right foot.

If you drive a "lifted" vehicle at moderate speeds the effects of the increased wind resistance (due to the lift) on the fuel consumption will be much less than when pushing the vehicle closer to the limits .... :mrgreen:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
ToyPiet
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Strand
Vehicle: Hilux D/C 4x4, '97

Post by ToyPiet »

why would a lifted vehicle use more fuel than a non lifted vehicle, the air footprint is still the same except for the little bit more tyres that will be visible?

A lifted vehicle will sit higher but there will be a bigger gap between the vehicle and the ground. It is not like you added extra body panels that create more drag!

or am I missing something?
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Die hoogste bome vang die meeste wind...
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Fuel consumption or the deterioration thereof when you extend the shackles should not be your main concern. Stability of the vehicle at high speed or in windy conditions should be the main consideration. Unless you do crawling and cross serious obstacles it is really unnecessary to extend shackles for extra lift. A standard SFA Hilux with 31" tyres is pretty much high enough to clear most obstacles.
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Justin,

Riceburner is selling a set of Hi-Lift shackles for a Hilux...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=968

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

cprinsloo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 1998 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X52

Post by cprinsloo »

Hi,

Simon talked about revolver shackles at some time. Anybody have any photos?

Cheers,

Chris
1998 Hilux D/C Lexus VVTi
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

The Revolver shackle allows free movement of the axle in a vertical manner, netting a more comfortable ride. The articulation it gains comes close to, if not exceeding, what you get out of a coil conversion. We all know the price we pay for those kits. They are expensive conversions that require professional installation most of the time and then add on to the price of the kit itself. It can get expensive quickly.
Attachments
revolver3.jpg
revolver2.jpg
cprinsloo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 1998 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X52

Post by cprinsloo »

Thx man,

Any idea what the cost of this shackles are?

Cheers,

Chris
1998 Hilux D/C Lexus VVTi
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

To import then is expensive. Hendrik Fourie (Ostilion http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/member.php?u=485) on the community forum makes them locally at an engineering business at much better prices. Contact him if you are interested.

Just remember to be able to use them you would also need longer travel shocks in the rear otherwise downward articulation will be limited by the shock's length.

I am seriously considering getting myself a set of revolvers in future. I was even thinking of making the top mounting of the shock to be revolving as well similar to the shackle, so that if the shackle opens the shock mount simultaneously move to enable the suspension to articulate fully on a standard length shock, but this is still just a theory in my head, I have not seen anyone implement such a system yet, so I am not 100% sure if it will work
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Cookie Monster »

Hi FD

Thanks for the heads up but they look a little short :( for the rear as mine apear to be just as long the ones Riceburner has for sale ar fitted to the front and my front is high enough. Bennie I will check it out. :mrgreen: There was a guy yesterday at the compo with a standard Nissan Sani single cab 4x4 who tryed one of the obsticals and he got so stuck they needed a tractor to get him of. This was all because of ground clearance. Of course everyone had a good laugh :mrgreen: .Anyway I am sure my van would have made it just the way it is :mrgreen: The reson I want to lift the back is purely asthetic not that she is sagging I thing it will just look better. I will post a pic a little later of her side on then you can tell me what you think.
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Cookie Monster »

Side pic of the van what do you guys think about the rear hight :roll: :?:
Attachments
PB110228.jpg
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Seems to be higher than mine, mine seems to be nose-up?
4x4 004 resize 500.jpg

-F_D

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Cookie Monster »

Hi FD

Looks like you have the same "problem" I do if it is a problem what do the other guys think? If I were to lift the back by 40mm how much better would my departure angle be?
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Don't forget that the difference in fender shape gives the illusion of the vehicle being "nose high".
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Justin

Before lifting too much try this first:

It is difficult to see from the pic but I suspect yours is suffering from a similar problem mine had, in which the rear of the load bin seems like it is sagging. I loosened the body mounts on the loadbin and added a few spares (washers/flatbar with holes etc) in there to lift/tilt the load bin somewhat. Stand a distance away and then check the lines in the loadbin vs the cab to make sure the rear is not sagging. Also check the lines between vertical the load box and the cab. A small adjustment here can make a huge difference in the overall apprearence. I added about 25mm at the rear mounts and 15mm at the middle ones to get mine right.

To improve the departure angle you can also move the Tow Bar inwards (closer to the rear axle) as far as possible without compromising the protection it gives on departure. Make sure it is properly secured so that it will not move upwards if it is slammed from beneath.

If you then still feel it needs a lift start by lifting 20mm only as 40 might be a bit extreme.

Eric same goes on yours.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Double twist, lockable revolver shackles work for me, but there are a few things to consider before you just go our and buy yourself a pair for your vehicle, some measurements are required that you have to consider, this is very important.

1. Measure the bracket that is welded under the chassis, width.

2. Measure the width of the spring main leaf blade the one that the shackle pin goes through, also te width.

The imported type chassis this is the one with the imported type axles normally are suitable for the type of revolver shackles that we have used. Depending where you get your revolver shackles from, you can also buy the chassis bracket from the supplier as well, a real female dog to remove the brackets that are already welded onto the chassis, we used an angle grinder and also The Plazma Cutter.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Ramkat
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Kokstad KZN
Vehicle: Hilux 2.8 GD6, Prado VX 3.0D4D

Post by Ramkat »

Family Dog,

The owner of a business called Warthog in Klerksdorp has a very nice looking silver Hilux with extended shackles, he should be able to give some feedback on how it affects handling etc.

Maybe you can speak to him and let us know what he says?I've also been thinking of extending shackles on my bakkie.
Niel

Post by Niel »

Ramkat

I see you have a Dobinsons suspension. Can (and how) you compair it with the rest i.e. Bilstein, OME ..... :?:
Ramkat
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Ramkat »

Niel wrote:Ramkat

I see you have a Dobinsons suspension. Can (and how) you compair it with the rest i.e. Bilstein, OME ..... :?:
I bought the bakkie with the Dobinsons leaf springs, gives the same lift as OME.I'm happy with it, except that the ride is very hard, not nearly as soft as OME.If one day i want to replace the leaf springs, i will go for OME.
Niel

Post by Niel »

Thanks, have you used OME before?
Ramkat
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Ramkat »

Not on my own vehicle, only seen it work and driving in bakkies with OME.
Niel

Post by Niel »

Thanks, ssems the market believe in OME
Mikem1
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: Isuzu 3.0 D-tec

Post by Mikem1 »

good day

the ext shackles i sell are 50mm longer they only raise 25mm though remember the shackle angle has to remain at a negative angle it is a job you can do yuorself jack the wheels up till of ground then let the wheels just touch the ground and you remove the shackle and change over to the new ones the best is also to make a small spacer to put between the spring pack and tha axle ideally replace leaf spring pack to gain your height reaquired
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Ramkat wrote:Family Dog,

The owner of a business called Warthog in Klerksdorp has a very nice looking silver Hilux with extended shackles, he should be able to give some feedback on how it affects handling etc.

Maybe you can speak to him and let us know what he says?I've also been thinking of extending shackles on my bakkie.
Hi Ramkat,

That would be Johnny. Yep, I have been speaking to him. I think he has sold that Hilux though, the SFA that stood in front of his shop? Haven't been there for a while, I should stop & say hello. He fitted the NudgeM to my SFA, did a good job, and then 4x4Mehga world did the suspension to both the other Hiluxes. The SFA crawled like a crab after the suspension upgrade, it would appear they did not send it for wheel alignment afterwards, but I took it to Champion in Stilfontein and Juan sorted that out for me.

I will chat Johnny, my SFA always looks as if it is going uphill, I thought the new ONE would cure that, but it accentuated it! Little bit better now that I've removed one leaf from each front wheel though.

-F_D

Ramkat
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Ramkat »

Ja, die bakkie het altyd voor die shop gestaan.
As jy se' dit lyk of jou bakkie opdraande loop, verwys jy daarna dat sy gat hang?Dis mos 'n ou kwaal van die SFA.
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

OK, so dit is heel normaal dan!

Ek dink amper Johnny het daardie Hilux teruggekry, kan miskien verkeerd wees maar ek is seker ek het dit weer gesien so 'n maand terug toe ek laas daar was.

-F_D

Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Cookie Monster »

Hi Guys

Still busy with this project not sure if I need it though :?
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

I received the pair of longer shackles for Eric's Hilux tonight.

These ones have 3 sets of holes to play wit the ride hide with. From the prototype set we saw that shackles that is 100mm longer gave us a 40mm lift. I will now play with the other sets of holes as well to see what difference it gives.

They still need a coat of paint before installation but this is how they look.

Justin if you are interested I can get you a set just like this for R 750. I may even have someone that will be coming to PE soon ( somewhere in March) who can deliver them to you if you are still interested.
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Bennie,

Jy se daai is R750 per set. Is dit 'n set van twee? Kan ek voor en agter dieselfde shackles gebruik en sal ek nuwe bushes moet kry (ek sien die is greassble)
To God be the glory
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Cookie Monster »

Hi Bennie I may be I will let you know :mrgreen:
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Cassie nee daai is net die 2 agter, dis bietjie extreme vir voor. Voor moet mens ander dinge ook in ag hou soos die hoek op die propshaft wat gaan vergroot en nie verklein soos agter nie.

Gedink ek sal later van tyd speel met 'n kit voor wat 'n extension op die hanger ook insluit en jou toelaat om die as so bietjie vorentoe te skuif. So ver het ek nog net gesien die ouens sny hulle hangers met 'n grinder, druk 'n spacer in en weld dit weer vas, maar ek like nie die idee van sny en weld op my suspensie nie. Ek sal eerder iets wil he wat kan vasbout.

Die agter shackles in die prentjie se verste gat is 190 mm uitmekaar die standaard shackle is 85mm so hullle gee jou 105mm lengte gain wat Buldog se gat 40mm gelig het. Maar dis die meeste wat ek sal gaan alhoewel ek al ouens gesien het wat meer doen.

Ek sal bietjie prys kry by Van Zyl Springworks op Polyurethane bushes, maar jy het nie nodig om die busches te vervang as joune nie geslyt is nie. Maar obviously is poly bushes beter as origionals, maar joune is seker al vervang toe jou suspension gedoen is.
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Thanks Bennie man. Ek weet nie of my bushes replace is nie maar kan seker maar check as ek nie te lui is nie :wink: :wink:

Ek sal like om langer shackles agter in te sit al is dit net vir 'n ekstra 30mm. Hoe maklik is dit om daai shackles in die hande te kry?

As jy nou klaar is met daai kit vir voor (wat vasbout) sal ek ook een van daai vat :)
To God be the glory
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

As jy wil hê laat maak ek vir jou 'n stel, skree net.

Gaan ons jou wa gebruik as Guiney pig vir die voor suspension?
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Ons kan daai ding doen solank ons net nie irreprable damage doen nie..(like glad nie van cut and weld nie) want daai tipe welds breuk altyd (in my opinie)

Weet jy dalk of safari shocks ekstra lengte shackles sal kan handle?
To God be the glory
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Bennie,

Those look fab!! Verrrry nice :)

I have to go to Zeerust Koppie soon to work on our Repeater site, but am trying to stall until I get Bulldog back. Zeerust Koppie is my official "testing" ground. It's on Army property and the Army guys reckon that a normal 4x4 won't make it, we would have to use one of their vehicles. Surprised them, both my Hiluxes made it, although the 2.7 did scrape a bit in one place :(

Would be lekker if you came along, I really would like to show you the Doornrivier route (not the same 'trail' as above), but then you would probably like to stay over at the river for the weekend and we can make it a weekend trip.

-F_D

pampoen
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Gordons Bay
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux DC 3.0 D4D

Post by pampoen »

Hi does anyone know were they sell those revolver shackles :?: i cant seem to get access to this site to contact Hendrik Fourie.....(Ostilion http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/member.php?u=485)
With each replacement of parts, a car slowly becomes Chinese.
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

If ou don't mind importing you can get from http://www.snakeracing.com.au
To God be the glory
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Pampoen, ask Simon ( memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6 )
I know he once posted something about revolving shackles and he also knows where to buy them.

Return to “1979 to early 1998 Hilux (Gen 3&4 aka SFA 4x4)”