Besides Lux what is good?

Of course there are people who only dream about driving a Hilux or Cruiser. They are welcome to show us their current vehicles here, ask questions or post some exciting new releases.
yotaman
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Hartenbos Western Cape
Vehicle: '99 2.7i Hilux 4x4 S/C

Re: Besides Lux what is good?

Post by yotaman »

Cruiser of course! Simply indestructable. Other than LDV's there's the Gelandewagen/One of the best!
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Gary different way of looking at it - which other brands will treat you properly ?

Still waiting for a test drive of the BT50 ...

Still waiting for a quote on the Colt club cab...

The gent at Isuzu was ..... uhm well, he does not know his products .... nor was he willing to listen to what I actually wanted, just tried to sell me what was on his floor at that moment.

Does this relate in any way to what I can expect when I go back for after sales service? Probably not, yet it leaves a lasting impression.

For the record, I had to go to a third and fourth Toy dealer before I got proper service .....
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

BESIDES Toyota, what is the best 4x4 you can get?
Another Toyota!
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

pietpetoors wrote:
BESIDES Toyota, what is the best 4x4 you can get?
Another Toyota!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well said Pieter .... could'nt have put it better myself!! :D: :wink:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Gary this thread reminds me of something that happened a while back.

Hungry and in a big hurry I pop into a new take away: "Toasted bacon and egg on whole weat please"

The lady gives me this absolute BLANK stare.

Now time is passing and I am in a hurry, but mom taught me to be civil to females, so .... : "May I please have a toasted bacon and egg on whole weat? Thank you"

NOTHING, Just a totally bewildered and BLANK stare.

Now I am in too much of a hurry for her to snap out of her day dream, so I turn to the manager and repeat my request .....

"Sorry sir, we are halaal ....."
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

IMO!!

Ford/Mazda, one also gets them where the owners have done huge amounts of KMs problem free!!
easy to repair and maintain, and spares are readily available!! and available at a reasonable price!!
the Ford Turbo Diesels have a great reputation!!

Toyota is still a great product, however not as good as what they were 20 years ago!! Toyota has slipped in some departments and that is over and above the recalls!!

its like the majority voters is SA!! despite disappointments they will keep making the same choices!!

self ride a Ford, and if I had to chose between a Ford and a Toyota, it would still be a tough choice, and a fan of both makes!! :twisted: :twisted:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Post by Traveler »

Isuzu (majority share holding, Toyota). You will see some parts on the Isuzu (D-Teq) as actually marked Toyota on the inside. The old 250D was easy to do 600,000-700,000km without problem. But on the 320i there was diff issues cause the engine was too strong. Same with Ford and Mazda, they are not bullet proof when it comes to the diffs. On previous generation they failed their diffs like the Italians lost battles during WWII. Engine was just to strong.

When looking at the Toyota recall campaigns, go and see on what some of these where. On the Sequoia (800,000 units) the recall was for a suspect spare wheel holder. The recalls where because of engine components, or drive train components as far as any of reading on it has found.

Know what you don't know.
2.8 d/cab SFA
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

box shape jeep cerokee,
nissan sani sataion wagen
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

a Camry... a Cruiser... a Surf... a Celica... a Corrola... a Auris... a Stallion... a Prius... a Lexus... a Tundra...

The complete list is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Toyota_vehicles

:wink:

Return to “Other Vehicles”