Rock crawling

Of course there are people who only dream about driving a Hilux or Cruiser. They are welcome to show us their current vehicles here, ask questions or post some exciting new releases.
Gunta
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Rock crawling

Post by Gunta »

Check this out, this is hectic stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGwVIU80iy4&NR=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Worry about the things you can do something about, If you can't don't worry.
Live life to the fullest with no regrets.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: Rock crawling

Post by OOOOMS »

Nice! Will be needing some of those soon here on our roads is sunny ZA :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THROTTLE-BOY
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: vereeniging
Vehicle: series80 land cruiser, '83 Hilux, Self built Jeep Wrangler, Self built Sandmaster, Self built Rock-crawler (in progress)

Post by THROTTLE-BOY »

:thumbup: Thats what We need to do soon again....Heidelburg next month !!!
When You own a Rig as Beaten up as mine.....Any line is worth a try
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

THROTTLE-BOY wrote::thumbup: Thats what We need to do soon again....Heidelburg next month !!!
Mark, post some details please :beg: :beg: :beg: Perhaps on a new thread :thumbup:
Gunta
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

Should be heaps of fun. Wish I had the cash to bulid a crawler like that just to play. :(
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Gunta wrote:Should be heaps of fun. Wish I had the cash to bulid a crawler like that just to play. :(
Wouldn't that be awesome if money was no object and you could built the crawling machine of your dreams... :beg: :beg:
To God be the glory
Gunta

Post by Gunta »

we can only live in hope :beg:
THROTTLE-BOY
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: vereeniging
Vehicle: series80 land cruiser, '83 Hilux, Self built Jeep Wrangler, Self built Sandmaster, Self built Rock-crawler (in progress)

Post by THROTTLE-BOY »

Everything costs but if you do it yourself you cut the costs by more than half.... :wth: I just got to a point where my Hilux couldn't go where I wanted to go :twisted: You can only beef up so much then you start breaking something else ! You firstly need to get your mind in a happy place and accept that there are going to be some costs that the wife doesn't need to know about.....the kids enjoy going to school bare foot....so already theres a set of Simpson 5-point harnesses :laugh2:
Jokes aside if you feel its time to build a decent Rig that can do everything and you put your mind to it then it can be built.....The Yankees have a saying and it goes something like this "You've gotta learn to Walk before you can CRAWL".....so it's not for everyone....I'll give anyone a taster in my old Rig before they go ahead building a Crawler and if you like what you feel Go for Gold ! :shock2:
Heres some pics from last years heidelburg day as well as an e-mail with all the details for everybody.
normal_DSC_2343.jpg
normal_DSC_2343.jpg (31.38 KiB) Viewed 2157 times
normal_DSC_2470.jpg
normal_DSC_2470.jpg (32.25 KiB) Viewed 2157 times
ATKV SPRINGS & NIGEL EN OOS-RAND STEREO 93.9fm

bied ’n 4x4-pretnaweek aan by Heidelberg 4x4-Klub op 8 en 9 Oktober 2011

S26˚34.785' E028˚21.269' http://www.heidelberg4x4resort.co.za/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hiermee wens ons tak ’n versoek te rig om u deelname aan die 4x4-pretnaweek wat ons reël vir die befondsing van een van ons projekte – genaamd “DIE SPRINGS & NIGEL ATKV EN OOS-RAND STEREO STUDIEHULPFONDS” – wat ten doel het om ’n bevoegde, dog minderbevoorregte Afrikaans­sprekende matriekleerling die geleentheid te bied deur finansiële hulp te verleen tot tersiêre opleiding.

Verskeie hindernisse en lootjies word beoog om die deelnemers asook die toeskouers te vermaak en sodoende die sukses en pret van die naweek te verseker.

Daar sal ook kosstalletjies wees met ’n verskeidenheid verversings.

Vir deelname aan die 4x4-pretnaweek, doen besprekings asseblief by Peter (È 082 568 7210) of Marius (È 083 452 1975).

Vir borgskappe van hindernisse en pryse, kan u ons gerus kontak by ' 011 818 4129, of die Tesourier by È 083 452 1975.

Alle betalings (ongeag borgskappe of deelname) moet asseblief in die volgende bankrekening gedepo­neer word:

· Bankinstelling: ABSA

· Rekeninghouer: ATKV Springs

· Rekeningnommer: 9107 257 646

· Banktak en -kode: Springs; 63 20 05

· Verwysing: 4x4 Borg of 4x4 Deelnemer

R250,00 per Deelnemende voertuig (sluit bestuurder en een navigator in)

R30,00 per Volwasse Toeskouer

R15,00 per Kind van 16 jaar en jonger

Kinders onder 5 jaar – gratis

Borgskappe: R1 000,00 per hindernis

ALLE BORGE WORD DIE GELEENTHEID GEBIED OM TE ADVERTEER BY DIE GESELEKTEERDE HINDERNISSE.

Bespreek so gou moontlik om deelname te verseker.

Faks asseblief u bewys van inbetaling ten opsigte van deelname of borgskappe na Ê 086 697 2736.

U betrokkenheid sal opreg waardeer word.

Met opregte dank en ATKV-groete

P.A. Sliep

Takvoorsitter en 4x4-Pretnaweekorganiseerder
When You own a Rig as Beaten up as mine.....Any line is worth a try
Gunta

Post by Gunta »

This looks like fun.

Return to “Other Vehicles”