Led Bars Who can report back

Discuss all kind of nice gadgets and two way radios here.
Rollercoaster639
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Bethal MP
Vehicle: Hilux 2.8 4x4 AT extended cab.
Club VHF Licence: X84

Led Bars Who can report back

Post by Rollercoaster639 »

Can someone who has bought and installed the Led Light Bars give us a report back. I dont want to know the legal issues just how well they work or dont work.
Do they work as well as some of the you tube videos show.

I am looking at a 30" light bar to fit on the front of my roof rack.

Any comments will be appreciated.
zepplin
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Crooza VX 80 EFI
Club VHF Licence: HC 127

Re: Led Bars Who can report back

Post by zepplin »

I saw Johannes's light bar in operation on the RTH trip. Awesome awesome awesome!!!!

We had to chock the wheels to prevent the bakkie from being pushed backwards :shock2: :shock2:
Crooza VX 80 efi - fully locked.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

All LED light bars are not the same. I cannot even tell you that some of the cheapies are bad because some people sell the cheapies at non cheapy prices.

Some of the light bars have a very wide beam angle. So at 1 meter they can still give you 12,000 lumens but they will only light up your life for 50 meters and beyond that it will be darkness.

They do give plenty of light but the beam angle makes a huge difference.
What I also saw when I tested different models against a white wall was that some of the cheapies makes a yellowish light in the centre of the beam and the good ones have a bright white light all the way through. The difference I think is that most of the not so nice ones use plastic that looks like chrome which is not good enough and that might cause the yellow dot in the centre. You will not see that if you drive on the road.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Johannes van die See »

Jy sal nooit weer n spotlight koop nie, die 32" is waarde vir geld en sal jou skok as jy sy lig moet sien!
Ek het die 32" op my roof rack en pappa, hy is kwaad vir die donker!
http://www.goblacksam.com
Image Link Broken
Langebaan Lagoon & Deep Sea Fishing Charters
Rollercoaster639
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Bethal MP
Vehicle: Hilux 2.8 4x4 AT extended cab.
Club VHF Licence: X84

Post by Rollercoaster639 »

Johannes van die See wrote:Jy sal nooit weer n spotlight koop nie, die 32" is waarde vir geld en sal jou skok as jy sy lig moet sien!
Ek het die 32" op my roof rack en pappa, hy is kwaad vir die donker!
Johannes I was thinking of the 30" Rigid E class which is the double row. What make are you referring to when you mention 32". My roof rack is 950mm wide so I do not want to go to 40" which is 1016mm. I can look at 30 to 32".

Thanks for the other comments as well.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Johannes has this one
http://www.4x4direct.co.za/shop/index.p ... cts_id=366" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots

Return to “Electronic Gadgets and Radios”