Camera's

Discuss all kind of nice gadgets and two way radios here.
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: worcester
Vehicle: 2700i 4x4

Camera's

Post by hentey »

Just need some assistance from my Hilux buddy's.........It's now time for a upgrade on my (mik en druk) Canon A400 and I started shopping.................MAN ARE THESE SLR'S EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!.Not to speak about the lenses!!!!!!!!!!!!
Found the latest technology in a SX20 IS.This thing has a 20x optical zoom and is capable from macro up to 560 mm.Yes I know its maybe not the best quality peekchaz,but for a layman photographer..............well what you guys think?????
Harold
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Howick
Vehicle: 1998 Hi-lux 2,4 S/cab (p); 1997 Hi-lux 2,4 D/cab (p)

Re: Camera's

Post by Harold »

I have the SX10 that has a 20 oprical zoom - very pleased with it.

Once had a Pentax SLR with a variety of lenses; needed a wheelbarrow to carry the stuff around.
What a shelp. Never again would I buy a camera needing interchangeble lenses.
I am sure that in the not to distant future we will see 'mik-&-druk' cameras with a zoom ability equivalent to 1000mm.

Shop around for prices; try http://www.pricecheck.co.za.

Recently shopped around for a GPS - prices ranged from R3600 to R5500
Harold (Greytown, KZN)
http://www.alib.co.za/hilux.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

If you are willing to wait a while... try http://www.bhphotovideo.com I've ordered from them before with no hassles at all and their prices is some of the best
To God be the glory
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

Bought my wife a Camera for her birthday about 6 months ago, couldn't afford a new DSLR so it was a choice between secondhand SLR or another new mik & druk.
Searched the web for a few weeks and i came across a guy that sells refurbished and secondhand cameras and lenses in Cape Town.
I bought a Cannon EOS with a nice lens For a third of the new price and he guarantees his stuff.
0846885461 Shaun.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
hentey
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: worcester
Vehicle: 2700i 4x4

Post by hentey »

[quote="Harold"]I have the SX10 that has a 20 oprical zoom - very pleased with it.

Once had a Pentax SLR with a variety of lenses; needed a wheelbarrow to carry the stuff around.
What a shelp. Never again would I buy a camera needing interchangeble lenses.
I am sure that in the not to distant future we will see 'mik-&-druk' cameras with a zoom ability equivalent to 1000mm.

Mmm,I can see you've been around the block Harold. I want something compact.Spoke to the owner of a photo shop today and he told me the same thing.The SLR and interchangeable lenses are just to bulky,and it takes forever to get the stuff ready to shoot.
Thanks guys for the input,but I made up my mind.It's going to be the SX 20. :thumbup:
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

I've still go my trusty old film camera with different lenses etc. and my wife has the digital equivalent (that can't take the same quality pics) and we have 2 "mik&druks", each one has it's place, if you're a "happy snapper" or just need reasonable quality general pics the sx20 will do just fine.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "

Return to “Electronic Gadgets and Radios”