Discussion form for the Toyota Prado
Groen
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: VW Polo

Prado - Thank you Pradog

Post by Groen »

I recently bought a 2001 Prado 3.4 V6 after reading the comments of Pradog on this forum. I have been searching for a 99-02 Hilux 2700i 4x4 for more than a year now. I became so desperate that Fords and Mazda's even started looking good! Then I read the posts of Pradog on the Prado he bought after already owning a few Hiluxes. The posts that followed prompted me to investigate the Prado option. I was pleasantly surprised and proceeded to find I Prado with my name on it. I'm very happy with it!! It's an excellent vehicle. I even took it on an offroad course built in riverbed with experienced 4x4 drivers. I'm an inexperienced 4x4 driver at this stage and the Prado made me look good. :cooldude: The most overlooked 4x4xfar. Thank you Pradog! :D:
Groen
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: Prado - Thank you Pradog

Post by Family_Dog »

Hi Riaan,

I'm glad your experience with the Prado is as good as mine, it really is an outstanding vehicle! I was fortunate in that PraDog (the vehicle!) already had OME suspension fitted when I bought it and the wheelbase is just slightly shorter than the 2700 Hilux. The Prado goes absolutely anywhere that White Fang et kie go! I must admit I bought PraDog purely on a whim, I had not at that stage even taken it for a test drive, I just looked at the vehicle, crawled underneath it to check for possible damage - there was none! And that engine sounds Oh, so very sweet! But after the salesguy started the engine and that V6 roar reached my ears, it was a foregone conclusion!!

Glad you're enjoying yours and please do post pics of your pride & joy, we all thrive on photos here on the forum.

Oh, I am so glad you were saved from straying to Fords & Mazdas ;) (Sorry, Doug! Your Ford is the exception :mrgreen: )... :twisted:

Family_Dog, proud Daddy of PraDog :angel:

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Return to “Toyota Prado 4x4 Forum”