FORD Kempton Park - Community thread

And this is the part where we moan. If somebody rendered real bad service, weewee'd you off, caused you damage or cheated you (vehicle related), please please let us know by posting it here.
Forum rules
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this entire web site are of the poster only, and do not necessarily represent the views of http://www.Hilux4x4.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or it's members.

We do encourage our members to please make sure that they can proof the facts they post in the bad service section if they do comment on bad service. We also request our members to please do not get carried away when complaining about bad service. This is a public web site. We would like everybody to know when somebody delivered a bad service bad we do not want it to leave a bad taste in the mouth.
Ali3n
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Jeep Commander 3.0 Limited
Club VHF Licence: B338

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:16 am

Guys, I saw this thread on the community forum and thought that we should spread the word and stand together with bad service.

Even though it is not Toyota, bad service is all over and we just bend over and take it without any love, foreplay nor KY...

http://4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=163142" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dieselfan - 4x4Community wrote:So I go to ford today, walk 3 times through the floor with no one in sight. Walk into offices. No one. Walk to 2nd hand side just stares from some. I walk back to main floor make a comment to my colleague about the poor service in earshot of the receptionist and about to leave when I see a guy who makes eye contact. I got a brochure and left. At the gate where I parked 3m from the security she wont let me out cause I didn't have an admission slip signed. I look in my pockets and as it was windy appears to have gone missing when I took out my keys or answered a call. I spoke nicely and said I dont have it. She said no slip no go. Simple and rude. So I keep looking etc. No luck. I said what now. She says she cant help. I ask her to get a manager or someone to assist. She says something in another language and walks away and sits on her chair. I got out and ask her to walkie someone she just looks away. After more attitude and dirty looks from her pretending I'm not there I get out called her a hopeless b. And walked inside. I asked for a manager or someone to help me get out at this point she followed me and went somewhere.

I got back to my car and waited. 2 mins nothing. They were letting cars go around me. I went back in took the brochure and and found the sales managers desk. Returned the ads and said can someone who can make a decision help me get out. Salesmanager said no. I also complained how no one had helped me for 10 mins and even bothered to mention they must sign a slip. No answer.

Back at my car the dp and about 5 others are there upset saying they can't let me leave without a slip. I said it got lost and I'm driving a nissan that they are welcome to search and I parked only meters from security just minutes ago! The dp said no slip no go. People were going around at this point so I tried to follow one out at they put out spikes. My door open and having the dp tell me to move my car from blocking the entrance. I said why can't he let me go I've stolen nothing driving a nissan etc and they welcome to search again. He threatened to call the cops and took my keys from the ignition while swearing at me. Now with a crowd. I got out asked him when the cops arrive what the charges would be and he swore saying I'm blocking the entrance. I said please do call the cops. He then shouted to get a tow truck. I started calling 10111 and showed him, he had better give my keys back. I also asked him to calm down and if I wasn't swearing him why was he swearing at me. He laughed and gave my keys. And threatened to call my boss. All the while a blonde woman said hushly we know you didn't steal the car it's a Nissan bakkie. Can you move and I'll get you a new ticket. I'd just overheard some staff say let him move and we'll block him in. So said no I wont move until I get a ticket as I don't trust them.

The dp returned and said sternly I'm not letting you go as the new ticket is false and I could return that night with my original and steal a car! How is an unsigned admission slip going to get me in at night?? That makes no sense what so ever.

Anyways I literally put my signature on a slip and jumped in car. Reversed they let cars in. But not me out. The dp was saying no thats not his original slip. My colleague said open up, check your carbon copy from now 30 mins ago. Needless to say they opened when I moved to block again.

I try calling ford south africa. On hold with no operator for 8:55. Then automated message says we too busy to take your call call back later...click. That happened 3 times over the next hour.

I haven't mentioned every detail but if I'd stolen nothing gave them permission to search etc why could they hold me against my will. Take my keys and in the same breath ask me to move. Swear and laugh when I mention I'm not swearing. I went there to buy a car not be harassed. Ridiculed and have my keys taken away.

Can you imagine if I walked up to their demo car and refused to give those keys back? Is this not assault and a hostage situation. My last words were I still don't understand why the drama. He said we have 7 managers. They have no contingency for missing slips. I told the blonde she needs an increase for making a plan for what was obviously a simple thing. Clearly my 400k is not needed there.

Perhaps I should also mention the dps eyes where the colour of my red shirt. Can someone get that upset or was it...but either way it shouldn't justify any of the drama.
PRESENTLY DISADVANTAGED
ImageImageImage Link BrokenImageImage Link Broken
Custom built Rock Sliders, Bumpers, Belly protection.... Anything you can think of
Cell: 076 122 3744 E-Mail: fpanaino@gmail.com
Bear Grylls calls it "Ultimate Survival", overlanders call it "Camping"

JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Official hilux 4x4 club recovery vehicle
Club VHF Licence: X 43

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:27 am

nou wat het ford met ons uit te waai ?
OFFICIAL HILUX 4x4 RECOVERY VEHICLE

if you want to change this to recovered , first recover me - and have a relevant picture / foto to prove it !
ADVANCED 4x4 DRIVER COURSES DONE : US 254135 / US 254154
(STILL AWAITING SO-CALLED TETA CERTIFICATION VIA THE SERVICE PROVIDER AFRICAN OFF-ROAD ACADEMY - WHAT A JOKE)

Ali3n
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:32 am

JEEPIE wrote:nou wat het ford met ons uit te waai ?
Niks, dis die prinsiep van die saak... SWAK DIENS
PRESENTLY DISADVANTAGED
Custom built Rock Sliders, Bumpers, Belly protection.... Anything you can think of

Ali3n
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:51 am

This thread was removed from the Community Forum due to members contacting the dealership/DP and making threats. That is not on and I fully agree with that. The idea behind Bad Service topics is to make people aware of bad service received from businesses in order to prevent someone else from making a mistake or at least be pre-warned of the problems. Not to harass the certain business.

Same goes with Good service reports. Although I know of a certain member who would gladly love to be harassed by members because of all the good service reports hey MUTT??? :twisted:
PRESENTLY DISADVANTAGED

Hangover
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Deneysville
Vehicle: '76 FJ45 , '13 3.0 D4D Hilux

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:00 am

Ek wonder hoekom was daar nie n hele hoop PK's uitgedeel nie... Ek kan myself nie in dink n sekoerity aap gryp my sleutels en ek praat mooi nie...
Hangover(A.K.A die speelding)
1976 FJ45 4x4
1UZ-FE 4.0vvti
2" OME Suspension lift
1.5" Shackle lift
35" Geo MT's
Custom Bullbar
Lockright Locked rear
York OBA
20" LED bar
Nighthawk 100W spots

Dakar
2013 3.0D-4D 4x4 Hilux Dakar

Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:56 pm

Sometimes harrasment is good!

A few years ago I had a major issue with an Isooz and thanks to the harrasment of some Businesswarriors, the deal got eventually cancelled!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.

Hangover
Town: Deneysville
Vehicle: '76 FJ45 , '13 3.0 D4D Hilux

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Thabogrobler wrote:Sometimes harrasment is good!

A few years ago I had a major issue with an Isooz and thanks to the harrasment of some Businesswarriors, the deal got eventually cancelled!
Nouja dis wa jy fout geloop het in die eerste plek... hehe
Hangover(A.K.A die speelding)
1976 FJ45 4x4
1UZ-FE 4.0vvti
2" OME Suspension lift
1.5" Shackle lift
35" Geo MT's
Custom Bullbar
Lockright Locked rear
York OBA
20" LED bar
Nighthawk 100W spots

Dakar
2013 3.0D-4D 4x4 Hilux Dakar

Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:42 pm

Ali3n wrote:This thread was removed from the Community Forum due to members contacting the dealership/DP and making threats. That is not on and I fully agree with that. The idea behind Bad Service topics is to make people aware of bad service received from businesses in order to prevent someone else from making a mistake or at least be pre-warned of the problems. Not to harass the certain business.

Same goes with Good service reports. Although I know of a certain member who would gladly love to be harassed by members because of all the good service reports hey MUTT??? :twisted:
Not sure to whom you're referring, Alien... :acute:

Actually, nobody made threats to the DP, only promises to all join up for a friendly braai at the Ford Dealer, and use their parking tickets as fire-lighters... ;)

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:11 pm

It takes one rotten patato to make the whole bag also rotten, sad.
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage

Baasvark
Town: Virginia
Vehicle: '97 D/C with all the trimmings & 2011 Troopy

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:24 pm

nothing like a lawyer & a newspaper article to sort it out quickly......

I commend the writer on his calm behavior - not sure I would be able to apply the same amount of self restraint.
They should actually forward his piece to Ford SA so that they are aware of the fact that we as consumers share these things with each other.

Another site to be used - Hello Peter! It's surprising how much info you can pick up there! Went to a second hand dealership the other day to look at a 2000 2.7i Lux. Looked them up on Hello Peter beforehand and I pretty much agree with what was written about them!

Needless to say we didn't buy....

Might have made a mistake if I didn't know what to look for beforehand...
Aint it ironic that "Common Sense" aint so common after all...

Dingo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 95 4x4 DC Hilux, 7MG engine, EFS suspension, Home made custom off-road canopy.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:03 am

AND A DP WAS INVLOVED, shocking business acumen, hope Ford does something.

Toyota was just across and down the road, hope he spent his 400k there.

Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:27 pm

Dealers are Franchised operations and not owned by the factory, the factory must be made aware of these situations
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "

Ali3n
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Family_Dog wrote:
Ali3n wrote:This thread was removed from the Community Forum due to members contacting the dealership/DP and making threats. That is not on and I fully agree with that. The idea behind Bad Service topics is to make people aware of bad service received from businesses in order to prevent someone else from making a mistake or at least be pre-warned of the problems. Not to harass the certain business.

Not sure to whom you're referring, Alien... :acute:

Actually, nobody made threats to the DP, only promises to all join up for a friendly braai at the Ford Dealer, and use their parking tickets as fire-lighters... ;)

-F_D
Not refering to anyone here :thumbup: Just making sure the Community form can't give me *&$% for posting it here as it was removed of their forum. :siffler:

Just to put it on record... If ever that happens that a bunch of guys go there and have a little braai, I WILL BE THERE!!! :twisted:
PRESENTLY DISADVANTAGED

Return to “Bad Service”

• Information