Bad Alignment and unecessary work at Speedy

And this is the part where we moan. If somebody rendered real bad service, weewee'd you off, caused you damage or cheated you (vehicle related), please please let us know by posting it here.
Forum rules
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this entire web site are of the poster only, and do not necessarily represent the views of http://www.Hilux4x4.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or it's members.

We do encourage our members to please make sure that they can proof the facts they post in the bad service section if they do comment on bad service. We also request our members to please do not get carried away when complaining about bad service. This is a public web site. We would like everybody to know when somebody delivered a bad service bad we do not want it to leave a bad taste in the mouth.
CarelZA
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 2008 Hilux D4D

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:03 pm

My Hilux needed new shocks, so I called around and got the best quote at Speedy in Cape Town CBD. I also requested a wheel alignment. They offered to do a 24point check for free and I agreed.

Speedy called me a couple of hours after taking the bakkie in and said they found that the stabiliser links needs to be replaced and rear brakes reskimmed and replaced. I just had a major service less than 500 kms ago done beforehand (that's how I knew the shocks needed replacing) and they didn't say anything about the brakes so I was a little skeptical.

Walked to the shop and inspected the brakes myself, they looked a little worn to be sure, but still had some wear left. Only one of the stabiliser links were loose, but I decided to replace both anyway.

Driving home on the highway, the bakkie pulled right and picked up a vibration at about 100km/h-110km/h.

I took her in to Market Toyota Cape Town the next day where I was treated like royalty. They inspected the brakes and said she would be fine until the next major service and they only charged me for a wheel alignment that I requested. Afterwards everything was perfect, no more pulling to the right and no more vibration.
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:12 pm

Glad Market Toyota sorted you out.
Did Speedy pay for the realignment?
If not, they should have as it was their work that had to be redone.
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:04 pm

Ja, party ouens in daai game is sharks par exallance!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Obelix and Dogmatix
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: ROODEPOORT
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:41 pm

one would expect that after replacement of shocks that wheel alignment will be done as standard!!! useless!!!!
Rules are there to make you think before you break them!!!
God made man before
woman so as to give him time
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
Masekind
Town: Lichtenburg
Vehicle: 2005 Hilux 4x4 v6, LR tank, ARB Bumper. (iJzer)

Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:05 am

Ek het al baie gewens ek het al die tools om alles self te doen want 80% van die plekke jag net ....... aan.
If you don’t build your dreams someone else will hire you to build there’s

Return to “Bad Service”