pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Pieter Pretorius

Post by pietpetoors »

OK, I guess I have to set the example:
My name is Pieter Pretorius
I stay in Langebaan in the Western Cape.
Of course I drive a Hilux, it is a 1999 2700i d/c with 31" Coopers, NudgeM bullbar and rear difflock. See viewtopic.php?t=63

I enjoy the 4x4, camping, hiking and photography. Hopefully by the end of the year I would learn how to dive for crayfish.

Profession: I used to be a Metallurgical Engineer but decided 7 years ago that working for a boss is not for me. I stay alive thanks to Internet Marketing, Network Marketing and trying to trade share and forex. So now you know why there are all these Google ads at the top of the screen, they pay my salary. Oh, and once a year we buy and sell a property.

Below are pictures of myself and the family:
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Nou met jy nog net 'n SFA kry :)
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

What is a ?

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Hello Piet

What is or what did you do when you were a Metallurigical Engineer, has this job got something to do with metals or rocks or mining?

Thank's for the pic's, nice to put a face to who I have been chatting to all this time.

Thank's

:D
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Metallurgy

Post by pietpetoors »

You get a Physical Metallurgist and a Extraction Metallurgist, I am a physical Metallurgist. We deal with anything from the design of a alloy to the physical testing of the metal. I specialized in the failure analyzes of the metal. So after a metal failed I had to determine if the metal failed due to overloading, metal fatigue or a manufacturing default. I had very interesting job at the Forensics Science Lab of the SAPS where I were involved in accident investigations. If a vehicle was involved in an accident and the driver claimed that a mechanical failure caused the accident, I had to analyze the metal components in order to determine the cause of failure. I also did lamp investigations where I could determine if a light were on at the time of impact. I still do private investigations every now and then, but not a lot of it.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
SYRON CONVERSIONS
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Re: Pieter Pretorius

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

8) This is The Man 8)
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Bosvark
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 2200 D/C AUS specs

Re: Pieter Pretorius

Post by Bosvark »

hoog tyd
n vark bly maar n vark

Return to “Meet the People”