Intro

Introduce yourself and Meet the rest of the crowd
Brando
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: Hilux SRX 2.5 4x4

Intro

Post by Brando »

Hi Everyone. I purchased a SRX 2.5 4x4 recently and discovered the Airbag light is on and the hooter not working. Can anyone please tell me what the matter might be?
Willieo
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Fortuner 4.0 V6

Re: RE: Intro

Post by Willieo »

Brando wrote:Hi Everyone. I purchased a SRX 2.5 4x4 recently and discovered the Airbag light is on and the hooter not working. Can anyone please tell me what the matter might be?
Hi, your clockspring is damaged. It is located between your steering wheel and steering column. It can be tricky to replace the biggest risk is that your airbag might pop. This is how i replaced mine. Disconnect your battery for a about 10 min or so remove cover on steering wheel, remove airbag(remember to unplug wires) to have access to steering wheel nut, remove steering wheel and replace. Note clockings springs is about R3500 last time i checked or you can have a workshop to replace they will charge about an hours rate to replace. Just make sure your wheels are straight and that you have equal numbers of turns on steering to both sites before you put new spring in otherwise you will break it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

life is like a nicker ball, full of colors, you have to suck it until there is only one color and that is the true color.

Return to “Meet the People”