Introduction

Introduce yourself and Meet the rest of the crowd
gooby_j
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2005 Hilux 3.0 d4d

Introduction

Post by gooby_j »

Hi,

I'm Jacques, software developer out of Cape Town. I own and drive a 2005 Raider 3.0 D4D, 210k kms and she's still going strong!

I bought the bakkie from my dad, and together we have had many adventures in her. I'd like to continue with that, doing more overlanding adventures than offroad courses. With that being the goal, I have a long list of things that need to be done on my machine, starting with some restoration projects. I'm looking forward to doing it myself, and having little engineering knowledge, I'm going to be asking a lot of questions :D:
Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Re: Introduction

Post by Mars »

Welcome Jacques.
At 200 000 ks the bakkie is just nicely run in now. :D:

You are welcome to ask away.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Welcome Jacques. Hop you enjoy her and remember to post pictures of those projects.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome Jacques! :thumbup:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “Meet the People”