DAYLIGHT ROBBERY!!!!!

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
000MSS
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Western Cape
Vehicle: Anything i want :)

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY!!!!!

Post by 000MSS »

Hi guys

On the 13th Jan 2010 I saw something drastic happen that I thought I should share with each and every one of you!!
I approached a robot/4 way Crossing (CNR Witkoppen and main road, fourways) at about lunch time. And at the opposite side of the intersection was a 3.0 D4d Hilux Gold colour. Of course I was staring as I am a sucker for that colour Lux.
The robot has just turned red which gave me more reason to stare. Next thing I see, a street Hawker approach the lux on the passenger side and scratch it with an unknown object, obviously the driver immediately got out of his car to see what was going on, I couldn’t help but sit and watch this commotion. Whilst the owner of the lux walked around the car too see what had happened, another “street hawker” got into the drivers side of the car and drove off with this mans Lux!!! Yes you heard me right!! It was all planned, as he got into the car the arrow went green for him to turn, that very second it went green. I couldn’t believe my eyes on what had happened!! I wanted to stop and help the guy out but i had a full load of Bricks and some wet plaster sand on the back of the bakkie.

Think about it? The guy got out the car without knowing what was going on, left his car idling, his cellphone and wallet were probably still in the car? He had nothing after that incident. What do you do in a situation like that? Im sure you would also be fuming and get out of your vehicle? What if he had a child in the back seat of the car ( im not blaming this guy for leaving his keys in his car, I would’ve also jumped out the car to give the oke a good smack and see the damage..)?

Guys… Please be aware. If this happens to you whatever you do. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR KEYS IN YOUR CAR!!! Better yet.. Make sure there are other cars around you before you get out! AND AGAIN, DO NOT WHATSOEVER leave your keys in the car if this happens to you!!!

I’m still gobsmacked!! SO PLEASE BE ALERT AND AWARE of this!!!
:angry2: :angry2: :angry2:
ONE LIFE! DRIVE A TOYOTA!

DUST IS A DIFFERENT KIND OF STATUS SYMBOL!!!
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: DAYLIGHT ROBBERY!!!!!

Post by Mud Dog »

Eish!!! :shock2: I just deleted all that I had said .... inappropriate on this forum, but it pisses me off! :x
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
000MSS
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Western Cape
Vehicle: Anything i want :)

Post by 000MSS »

Mud Dog wrote:Eish!!! :shock2: I just deleted all that I had said .... inappropriate on this forum, but it pisses me off! :x
I also deleted half the stuff! cant wrap my mind around what these guys get away with!!!
ONE LIFE! DRIVE A TOYOTA!

DUST IS A DIFFERENT KIND OF STATUS SYMBOL!!!
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Scary.........just thinking about it :!: :!: :!:
weskusvrou
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Hilux Raider 1995 SFA

Post by weskusvrou »

Dis ongelooflik hartseer wat in ons land aan die gebeur is. . . ↲Dankie vir die waarskuwing.
legend35
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilux 2700i
Club VHF Licence: HC262

Post by legend35 »

Thanks for the info Marco.One never expect something like that can happen. :evil:
2004 Hilux 2700i 4x4 Legend 35
ImageImageImageImage
Cowley branch and freeflow,long range tank,dual battery system,home made front and rear bumpers.
arnize2
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Wellington
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4X4

Post by arnize2 »

Mens kan agterna aan alles dink wat die ou verkeerd gedoen het, maar in die situasie is dit n ander saak. Dit is noodsaaklik dat al hierdie insidente op die forum gedeel word, sodat ons bedag kan wees.
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Johannes van die See »

Guys

This is an old trick, there has also been reports of taxi vehicles rear ending your vehicle, the moment you jump out to investigate someone else jumps in and takes off. And yes, there have been reports of vehicles with minor passengers that have been hijacked this way.

Never get out of your vehicle!

Have any of you heard about the story where a decent looking white female is standing alongside the road, waving to show she needs help and when someone stopped to assist 4 men jumped out of the bush with weapons to hijack the vehicle.

Don't know if this is true, but it sounds very realistic and it is so easy to fall for this one, who would not stop to assist?
http://www.goblacksam.com
Image Link Broken
Langebaan Lagoon & Deep Sea Fishing Charters
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Johannes van die See wrote:Guys

This is an old trick, there has also been reports of taxi vehicles rear ending your vehicle, the moment you jump out to investigate someone else jumps in and takes off. And yes, there have been reports of vehicles with minor passengers that have been hijacked this way.

Have any of you heard about the story where a decent looking white female is standing alongside the road, waving to show she needs help and when someone stopped to assist4 men jumped out of the bush with weapons to hijack the vehicle.

Don't know if this is true, but it sounds very realistic and it is so easy to fall for this one, who would not stop to assist?
Yes she has caught me ....almost twice asking for petrol money :twisted: :twisted:
Ou vale1
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Heidelberg
Vehicle: Hilux 2.5 D4D

Post by Ou vale1 »

Tx Mark, bly ek's nie die enigste p@ephol nie, sy't tot die sigaret uit my bek uit gesteel terwyl ek in my wallet krap om die beech te help :shock2:
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

so paar terug het ek so iets gesien in die Kaap.

Net soos die robot sou oorslaan stap die KIND nader en gryp die sonbril in die voertuig voor my. MAAR die vrou was te wakker vir die laaitie. Sy gryp die ou se arm en trek toe rustig weg .... sy het ent gery voor hy die bril los en toe los sy eers die arm.
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Johannes van die See »

Johannes van die See wrote:Guys

Have any of you heard about the story where a decent looking white female is standing alongside the road, waving to show she needs help and when someone stopped to assist 4 men jumped out of the bush with weapons to hijack the vehicle.

I noticed that my post have been edited.

I was not being racist when I mentioned "4 African men" {actually used the word black}
The point is, auto theft syndicates work with whatever means work the best, and the last thing one would expect is a white female working together with 4 African dudes to hijack cars. So always expect the worst when encountering unusual scenarios.
Sorry if I offended anyone.
http://www.goblacksam.com
Image Link Broken
Langebaan Lagoon & Deep Sea Fishing Charters
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Hi Johannes,

I edited the post. Sometimes I advise the poster, sometimes not. But in this case the "men" could be anybody, or even a combination of races. No one complained about the original post but we Mods try maintain a standard where no-one should have cause to complain.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Return to “Open Discussion”