Compact Car Shopping, prices, experiences... Aygo... then..

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:29 am

as is often the case, many things start with an itch

have a good mechanical condition opel Corsa sedan that was the wife's before she got her Daihatsu Materia, that has done duty for two years with me, its been reasonable.
its had its issues, however high mileage, was bough second hand before my time. . . . .

we had discussed getting a small vehicle, as a run around for me, preferably new, however a good deal on a nice demo, could of also done the trick

just like we did our homework when buying the quad, so we planned on doing it with the car purchase
the quads, and there is less to chose from then with the cars, took us three months to decide on each of the three times that we bought quads

the car needed to be comfortable, and durable and economical on fuel and to run

some might lough, however some of the Chinese brands have big reputations else where in the world, and due to me chasing best value for money, we looked at the GWM Florid, now here could of gone for the cheapest, however, thought if we going to spend the money, might as well do it right and get the top of the range model.
so we looked at the Florid Cross, it has roof rails, think its a little raised, and looks like a little SUV, like the Polo Cros is to the normal Polo

the top of the range, that goes for 130k had all bells and wistels and seemed a little expensive for a Chinese car. JMO

any case the list of features justified it, believe the motor is the same as the Daihatsu 1.5, witch is also has the Toyota link the body was based on the Auris with different cosmetics. no problem with this one either

however the getting in and out was almost a problem, as I am big wise length and breath wise. lol
the stering adjusts however not enough, and as a result we looked at these cars twice

not sure in witch order, however the one Saturday we looked at chevy spark, Kia, Hyundai, Daihatsu and even Tata, and on another at Renault
we tried to be open minded, and look at every thing to find best value for money, except Nissan. we did not look at the Nissan Micra, so much for keeping an open mind. lol
believe in voting with my feet, past bad experience, and amongst the most cars that I have had

the one Saturday, once we were done running around, next to Germiston lake, there are a whole row of different manufactures
that day we started with looking at the new shape Chevy Spark, looks good and am impressed
we liked a lot of thinks about it, including the location of the door handles, the digital rev counter combo display, the speed is still analog, and the steering adjusted to suite me, the price here came close to 130k for top of the range and then there was still no service plan.

by now we had learned the difference between a service plan and a full maintenance plan
normally to us a service and a maitance plan meant me working on the cars on weekends.lol

next we drive to Daihatsu anew Kia dealership, about 400m away, with Tata in between them
as mentioned by other members, Daihatsu has gotten expensive, as is my general opinion of Toyota
never the less we like the little cars and hence we went to look
as we walked in there was a Mazda MX5, second hand, and though, ummmm, can like to drive this around!!!! lol
we looked, took some pics of me sitting in the car, sent it to friends saying it was my new car, and soon friends were looking at it, and nearly traded on his lumina on the little MX5. lol
however the cup holder on the drivers door, irritated me even just sitting in the car for the photo

so we managed to have a look at the Kia Picanto and the new Kia Rio
both very impressive cars
the Picanto, comes in a 1.0 and a 1.2, both come in manual and auto
top of the range 1.2 manual 119k and then they are full house very comfortable, did not test drive, as in the mean time we were shown the Rio, that comes in a 1.2 and a 1.4
the 1.2 is a 1.25 actually and see it as being closer to a 1.3
there is only one model variety for the 1.2 Rio, or would that be a lack of variety. lol
and that is 140k with a service plan, witch is a plus over the Picanto
and at moments like this things can get carried away, as we started looking at the entry level 1.4 that goes for 157k and yes it does have a lot of extra features
and then the idea of my daily run around that could also be used as a weekend run around for the family comes up again, as we get carried away
even with the wife there for brakes, things can get carried away.
a few weeks later we decided time for the test drives, and we were very keen on the Rio 1.2
however none were available and no 1.2s were available for a test drive
as by this time we had come to some sort of senses as the idea was a daily run around for me, and spending extra on the 1.4, was not part of the plan
the top of the range 1.4 goes for 171k, with no leather seats

in between that, saw a advert on the net for the Renault Sandero, from R1687 per month, and that got my attention, in the mean time we seen the Stepaway model on the road, its a little raised, similar to the VW Polo Cross, and it looked very nice

so popped in a dealer the one day on the way to work, and it looked ok on the inside, however not as nice as some of the other cars that we had seen
the Stepaway goes for 149k
the steering does not adjust at all, and hence just as good as the GWM for me to get in and out
think they said the seat adjusts up and down, however the higher I sit the better when I get gout in my knees, and need to get out of the car
it has a 1.6 8v motor, believe some old donkey motor that is very reliable and durable, similar to the hiluxes. lol
it has a cam belt and that to me was a big minus, as last year had a cam belt go on the opel
so that would mean extra service cost, think they spoke about around 4k for a cam belt service, and here I stand to be corrected. however a service plan was extra, however its a big car inside
another negative is that what they call a standard equipment radio, is a locally fitted Sony radio, with a detachable face
besides that believe in voting with my feet, and hence will have nothing to do with Sony
spare wheel sits on the outside under the boot, like on our bakkies, and we all know how those get stolen, even though on the Renault the release was on the inside of the boot, to me it spells risk

then, this specific dealer, at the Glen, me had explained that the idea was to only buy after August, the lady asked for my number and I explained that I did not wish to be bothered, and was assured that it would not happen, however in case some good deal came up, so I parted with my number
week later while walking into the Doctor's consulting room, I get a phone a phone, me asked if she could phone me in 30 min time? ?
next day still nothing
so they got it from me, if this is how they do things before I buy a car, what happens after they have my money? ? ?

the wife also wished to see the Sandero so we popped in to another dealer.
and whilst there, saw the Twingo, its a 1.2, similar to the Aygo in size, with all the bells and wistels, spacious inside, sat very comfortable, would of also been light on fuel, however 147k, and it include a service plan for that price, if memory serves me right

earlier on had also looked at the Citroen C1
don't remember the exact price that I was given however think that I might not of looked at the top of the range
service was pleasant and friendly

we also had a look at Fiat, and despite my preconceived ideas, have been told of families who have multiple Fiats and have had no issues, however have seen way too many standing on the side of the road, and electric windows that don't work at the toll gates, with people opening doors to pay.
could be a case of how they are looked after, however that is my perception
went in to look at the Panda, and ended up also looking at the 500 and the new Punto

the Panda are very nice, however can't remember if it was the Panda or the Sandero or both that the boot only opens with the key, and seeing that where I work, security suppose to search/look in the boot when driving in and out, the idea of getting out unlocking, closing, stopping and restarting the car every time, is not on my to do list.
besides the extra wear and tear on the starter
can't remember the exact amount however the bottom of the range went from around 100k to around 120k for the better equipped model
steering is adjustable, however not as much as I wished for however not as bad others

we were shown the new Fiats Punto before they were released in the back, they were/are cheaper then the old model
old model around 147k, new model 127k and better equipped
however it did not tickle my fancy

the 500
if it was priced different, could of fallen for this one
a lot of great fun features, however madly over priced, Basic model 144k
all the way to 212k for top of the range
have heard that there will be major changes to pricing
and the new Panda is due for release in Europe

later visited chevy again and had a better look at the Spark, and even the sonic
have no prices written down for the sonic even though the salesmen gave me his card and a pamphlet, however the sonic is over 150k with no service plan

we also had a look at the new shape Fiesta, and keep in my mind am a Ford fan, however did not enjoy the feel of the car
they do have some good well priced deals, as does Mazda on the Mazda2
however don't recall those exact prices
somewhere 130-140k upwards depending on speck
was not well that day so maybe that could explain why I did not get comfortable in those cars
in this need to add the Ford Figo. don't remember much about this one either, sorry
was sick on that day

on a different occasion, think on the same day as the Mazda 5, also had a look at Hyundai
the i10, Atos (tos car lol) and the Getz
there are currently big specials on Atos think 94k and 1st payment in July, for a well speked car, however found it the smallest car that I sat it, hence wasent in there very long

the i10, is again built on the same platform as the Kia Picanto, however look completely different and even feel different inside
self think the centre console robs knee space for the longer guys like us

the salesmen also showed me some well priced Getz, however all second hand as its no longer available as new, friend has one and they are very nice

can't remember the price of the i10, however similar to the Kia Picanto

last the Tata, yep we had no choice, lol
while waiting for the one sales lady, there was one standing there, the strange thing we saw on the Tata was a big label on the bonet that indicated that this was the front of the car, we found this very funny
and as we were trying to take a Kia Rio for a test drive, and they are all next door to each other in the place, we reframed from making our usual coments out loud

in between all this had seen the Toyota advert advertising the Aygo 3door
105k for the wild, and think 97/98k for the fresh
for the extra features, the wild was well worth the money

and might as well tell this part of the storry here now
the dealer, halfway Toyota Ormonde had the wild for 105k other dealers had them for 108, did not know it at the time, however my bad experience at halfway Toyota dealer continued
self believe that couz I wear overalls and safety boots during the day, that I don't seem to get service when walking in there, evetualy let rip, and got helped
arange that we do the test drive on the Saturday and was told no problem
on Saturday, when we arrived at Kia, called to make sure all was ok for a test drive, salesmen said he would call me back in a few min time
about 40min later when leaving Kia, had not had a phone call
called him again and he sounded like a headless chicken

so we went to Rand Stadium Toyota, where we went for a test drive, in a 5 door Aygo fresh
their price was 108k on the 3 door wild, however they would match the 105k of the other dealer
wife was impressed, Was however a little disappointed with the power, however there 2 big people in the car and a small salesman in the car with the aircon on, on the uphill between Alberton and Camoro offramp.
for this that don't know its very steep hill, and self use it to test my cars to see if they are still in tune and performing well

the day of my son's Bday, was early to pick up the wife, and so decided to pop in to Parktown Toyota in Empire road and waste some time
also took a while to get someone to notice me, so decided to go sit inside a new Yaris and had a nice BBM chat with the wife till someone noticed me. lol
Know that I am difficult lol

we had looked at the new shape Yaris, and they have become expensive as well, and for the purpose of a daily runaround it was taken off the list specially when compared to the Aygo wild
have prices for the Yaris, however can't remember for what model was given the price, so will rather omit those prices

so asked for a price on the 3 door wild Aygo, luckily was sitting when the woman gave me the price
99 900
uh
are you sure? ?
does that include VAT? ? ?
what have you guys left out that other dealers have in their cars
was reasured that is was the same car, so got the price on a card and off I was happy that I had found a huge bargain

next day went to the bank, aranged for finance, wanted below prime, and every one was telling its very difficult and I won't get bellow prime

with approved finance of 10.1, and the woman at the bank telling me its a very good rate, and armed with a phone number to discuss the rate, was off to the dealer to get an invoice for the bank to proceed with the paper work

and here the pawpaw hit the fan and I stripped and lit my short little fuse
the salesman had made a mistake on the price, she had given me their price for the fresh, wanted the wild

she said she could match the 105k of the other dealer, said not interested, told her straight for that I will go the other dealer, and walked out
the wife works up the road, and was on my way there to collect something
there she had to keep me quiet a few times as I was talking loud and was not using nice words
stupid me had walked out leaving the business card with the price behind
so went back, and did not expect to get it back
was told that it had been throughn away, I got the bin and started pulling out the pieces
she had sent me a sms just before I walked in, with a revised price of 104 951, including the on the road costs
agreed to accept on condition that I also got a set of mats

so that was done, and the paper work went ahead

by that time my bank had phoned me back and was offered a rate of 9%
Toyota finance, said they would better that deal, still waiting, told my bank that, and they bettered that deal, got 8.5% in the end, happy with that.

have now already done over 500km
and am loving jt
aircon works great, feels great to drive
Last edited by kfxnando on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Posts: 19884
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 am

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:48 am

Thanks for the comprehensive feedback, good to hear it from someone els :thumbup:
User avatar
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Posts: 8280
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:56 pm
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy
Real Name: Chris

Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:38 pm

why must they always "make a mistake" with the total price ? GRRRRRR !!


Was at Furndale Delta a few years back, wanting to but the Corsa car. The price had gone up over night, and I was tring to fix a deal at the old price. Difference beign about 8k ... Finally they agreed to a deal about 3 k above the old price. GOOD, we start filling in the OTP.

Halfway through the form we get interupted -the truck has just arrived and they are off loading the cars. So we leave the documents and walk out, have a nice purf at the gorgeous ......

By the time we get back in the showroom the price had suddenly shot up another 4k !!


They flat refused to acknowledge or honour the price that agreed upon earlier. "Jy sal tog nie n beter prys erens anders kry nie." THAT was enough for me to storm out of there, NEVER to do business with them again !!


Then I made my biggest car buying mistake ever - in the heat of the moment (and with all car prices going up) I made a hasty purchase of a new Polo later that same day .... NEVER buy in the heat of the moment !!


I never was much of a VW man, and the service at the dealership STANK. I purely bought it because it had the right price and spec level. The car had 12 000 km on the clock when I sold it ......
User avatar
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Posts: 5816
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:15 pm
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS
Real Name: Allan 0721291160

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:48 pm

My wife's small car also needs replacing soon.
5 yars ago she wanted a Peugeot 206, i said "no ways i'm buing that " , she won in the end and 5 years and almost 200 000 km later it still goes like the first day, except for dings on every panel.
5 years is long for these new small cars, better replace it before my luck turns.

I am set on the new Jimny and my wife loves it, good fuel consumption, solid chassis, SFA and excelent resale value, must save some bucks first.
Image
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
User avatar
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Posts: 8280
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:56 pm
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy
Real Name: Chris

Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:01 pm

At least Toyota has shares in Suzuki .... :)


Jimny is nice, and if you get the odd one with a steering wobble get the shims fitted as per the factory recall .......

Only two dealerships in the Western Cape, BOTH owned by the same gent .... so not too much in the line of competition.

Apparently their workshop is a bit better now than 2 years back.
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:16 pm

have a huge problem

normal do around 1250 km per month

have in one week done over 700km

it is such a pleasure to drive, nipy to jump in and out of traffic, not fast, just nipy

if we need to go somewhere, always offer to go in my little Aygo

its comfortable, fun. . . .

and every one wants to know all about it, and is surprised at the interior size

was worried as its a lot of money to spend, test driving a car is one thing, living with it is something else

so far great :beach:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Posts: 19884
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 am

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:27 am

Fernando, so what's the latest on your new go-cart :mocking: :mocking: :mocking:

Been driving ouma's little one more often now and find it a real pleasure. One little thing that does irritate me a bit, is the heater switch by my left knee. I seem to knock it every so often.

But performance wise this little yaaaygo is nice. Even raced and beat a Navara this morning.... :lol: :lol:

Have you managed to check the consumption average yet :?:
User avatar
Rebel 4x4
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1661
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:28 pm
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2014 Suzuki Jimny Fully kitted with every extra you can imagine that is available for a Jimny
Real Name: Thomas
Location: Port Elizabeth

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:13 am

And you did not look once at the Polo Vivo? For R120k they sell the 1.4 with aircon. http://www.vw.co.za/en/models/polo_vivo ... tions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sent from my iPhone
Image
Image
User avatar
Rebel 4x4
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1661
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:28 pm
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2014 Suzuki Jimny Fully kitted with every extra you can imagine that is available for a Jimny
Real Name: Thomas
Location: Port Elizabeth

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:22 am

I like the way you have done your research. Buying a vehicle is like choosing your wife!

I also ran around to dealers collecting brochures, asking cash discount etc. Joined various forums too see what problems that particular vehicle develop etc. Eventually decided on the Amarok. We might look at a small run around car as well when we decide to start a family, and will probably visit the same brands you mentioned. The Suzuki Alto had a nice deal in PE, for R95 000 full house and service plan!
Sent from my iPhone
Image
Image
User avatar
Nobit
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:07 pm
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: Hilux Legend 40, 3.0D4D 4x4 Auto
Real Name: Robert

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:21 pm

I got Swamo a Huyandi I20 from Zeda cars. They are ex Avis hire cars.... So I figured it's gotta be one of the best 4 x 4's around!!! :lol: :lol:
The price was good, and they threw in an extra years warranty. Got it with 15k on the clock.
It's an awesome little run around....
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:18 am

hi Mark
yep, been good, been very good, have gotten between 18.5 - 20.8 depending on driving conditions

did many short trips with the story of evicting the tenant, will see in the next month as hopefully I settle back into some sort of old routine

beyond that, am very very happy
drives very comfortable, and now sit and wonder many times if all Toyota drive this good :tease:
every Friday I either drive the jeep or the bake to work, not since I have had the Aygo

no problem with knee on the aircon knobs/centre cosol

@ Thomas
Aygo wild, I paid 104 951, including on the road costs, and that includes 60 000km service plan
tried to be open minded, and hence had a look at the polo vivo, basic model with out any thing, not even abs 106k
yes was keen on a bigger motor, however to get every thing that I got with the Aygo would of looked at around 130k

and sadly for vw, the worst car that I ever drove in terms of break downs was a vw Passat

oh, nearly forgot, have ordered my recounted, should be here next week
will find the link and post those details

looking at cars, test driving a car and living with it, once its yours its two different things, and here I was concerned, and here the Aygo has been way above my expectations
been lots of fun, done around 1500km
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:27 am

here are the details of the rev counter for The Aygo

the same thing, yes different part numbers, as they are differently branded = different prices as in the link. although they are the same part
in the UK,some of Aygo came out with the rev counters

http://www.unklian.co.uk/Aygorev.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:beach:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Posts: 19884
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 am

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Tx for the feedback :thumbup:
User avatar
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Posts: 8280
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:56 pm
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy
Real Name: Chris

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:11 pm

Fernando GLAD that you are enjoying your car.

As you say - two different things test driving and living with a car.
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:45 pm

update

626.6 km traveled
33.64L of 95

18.626635km/L

5.3686562L/100km

suspect that if I drove a little slower would get a little better
normal driving on the highway, as fast as can go with out getting fines

don't spare the aircon

suspect on that 1st tank where I got a better fuel consumption, that it had not been filled up properly, although according to when the stripes on the fuel tank display go off that does not make too much sense
maybe couz it was new, was driving it easier
:beach:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
CasKru
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 24225
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:52 am
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Real Name: Cassie
Club VHF Licence: B15
Location: Rynfield

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:48 pm

kfxnando wrote:update

626.6 km traveled
33.64L of 95

18.626635km/L

5.3686562L/100km

suspect that if I drove a little slower would get a little better
normal driving on the highway, as fast as can go with out getting fines

don't spare the aircon

suspect on that 1st tank where I got a better fuel consumption, that it had not been filled up properly, although according to when the stripes on the fuel tank display go off that does not make too much sense
maybe couz it was new, was driving it easier
:beach:
Those are nice figures. :thumbup: :thumbup:
To God be the glory
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Posts: 19884
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 am

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:01 pm

Tx for the feedback :thumbup:
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:46 pm

something that I have been meaning to bring up

the type of fuel

currently been using 95 octave sasol
as on the filler cap it say 95/98

when I spoke to Toyota they were total clueless on what the correct fuel is
they even said that 93 would be ok
so not sure that half tank that I got from the dealer was, and if the lower octave fuel would maybe give me a better fuel consumption

this could explain the difference from the 1st tank and the others, time will tell :beach:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:42 pm

this afternoon got a call, rev Counter has arrived


so





its fitted

as easy as what the link say

Image

. :beach:

wonder what mod will be next :tease:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Posts: 19884
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 am

Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:01 pm

wonder what mod will be next
..........Thys, Niel, Andy and mabee Cassie.... :mocking: :mocking: :mocking:
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:47 pm

this could be my next mod on the Aygo, then it will be almost as fast as my V8 jeep


http://my107.blogspot.com/2008/02/rotre ... 1.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:23 pm

with the price of fuel that is about to jump, thoughts would top up the tank


279.3km with 14.82L

works out to 18.88664km/l

5.294748l/100
:beach:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:53 am

yes its been a while since the last update, however wrong or right, me filled up the fuel containers before the last fuel price increase, and have been running the Aygo on fuel at last months price, and today filled up at the pump, before the next fuel price

then as Toyota could not give me a proper answer, me have been running on 93octane

the wife was involved in an accident and her loan car is a A190 Mercedes
wish to offend no one, however that is a load of rubbing car
smaller then even my Aygo inside
yes it goes very well, plenty power

relevance? ? ?
its been a constant fight here at home for me to keep the keys to the Aygo, the wife is after those keys, and me don't want to drive the Mercedes either

the Aygo is now well over 3000km

75.35L used , 1405.1km traveled

18.647644km/L
5.3626077L/100km

here I need to add that I have pushed it, as me have had to rush once to work, where I worked the revs and the gearbox, :laugh2: for not wanting to be prosecuted will not give numbers away, however for a 1000cc, very impressive.

and have not driven it for economy

as time goes on, am more and more happy that I chose what I did.

hope this update helps others decide :tease:

. :beach:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Posts: 19884
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 am

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:45 pm

Tx Fenando for the upgate, I am still in a bit of two minds on this.....having driven Ouma's Aygo and very, very impressed with the power and performance, as a run about it's ideal :thumbup: 10/10. But as for th boot space....eish...small! Our main use would be carting kids to schoo;, sports and so on. I am keen on seeing the new Evio's even been looking at the viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24463&hilit=MAY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So difficult choice......... :evil:
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Tue May 01, 2012 12:42 am

OOOOMS wrote:Tx Fenando for the upgate, I am still in a bit of two minds on this.....having driven Ouma's Aygo and very, very impressed with the power and performance, as a run about it's ideal :thumbup: 10/10. But as for th boot space....eish...small! Our main use would be carting kids to schoo;, sports and so on. I am keen on seeing the new Evio's even been looking at the viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24463&hilit=MAY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So difficult choice......... :evil:
agree difficult choice
sometimes, do wish I had taken something with a bigger motor, and a little bigger body, as people on the road have less respect for smaller vehicles
however, looking at what air paid, value for money, and the fuel consumption that only a small motor and car can give, and if I had to do it again with the added choice it would of given me sleepless nights again trying to decide
for the choices I had at the time, me believe me made the right choice and am happy
look forward to seeing the Evio, when released localy

:beach:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
pietpetoors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10432
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:12 pm
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Real Name: Pieter
Club VHF Licence: X27
Contact:

Tue May 08, 2012 4:19 pm

We just sommer use the Tazz as daily runner and driving up and down to Cape Town and back.
Fuel consumption is round about 14km/l, it cost a third of the price of them new cars and the boot is three times bigger.
It is not modern or nice looking and lacks power steering but for the distance we travel in a year with it, it is very practical and super reliable
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
Image
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Thu May 10, 2012 7:35 am

agree
and normally that would of been the route taken, however a few things swayed me to making the extra debt

this is transport to get to work and back every day, and this will need to last me till I go on pension. sounds bad :laugh2:
then buying new, one never has to wonder of what the history of the car is, and was the car abused and well looked after, respective of what the service book says, or some teenager drove it like I used to drive cars in earlier years

the other factor, the opel I was driving was ok, however despite the high millage, despite services, had one big repair once a year, that was average and above the things that were replaced as part of regular maintenance, and things that still needed to be replaced

agree boot is tiny, and often the topic or many jokes
however
about two weeks ago when I got the Co2 welded, just releasing the back seats from its hooked in position the fix fitted, and if it dosent fit, we have the bakkie, jeep and trailer




update
most probably tomorrow should be filling up the tank again
and so far it looks like air will be getting a considerable better fuel consumption
difference? wife did not drive my car, she has her car back
drove it a little easier, no emergency call outs
and either I have the wind behind me on some hills or the motor has loosed up as its going up the one hill better
hope to get into the 20km/l

. :beach:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
pietpetoors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10432
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:12 pm
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Real Name: Pieter
Club VHF Licence: X27
Contact:

Thu May 10, 2012 8:21 am

wife did not drive my car, she has her car back
Ha ha, with us it is the other way around, Elmi can get more than 700km on a tank with the Tazz, me lucky if I get 620
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
Image
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Thu May 10, 2012 8:43 am

the only car in the house that the wife gets better fuel consumption is the Jeep

when the car went to the panebeaters, she drove the Jeep for a few days till she got her courtesy car
and every night I would have to hear that despite she sitting in bumper to bumper traffic, the over head displayed fuel consumption had dropped

that was just couz she does not enjoy hearing the V8 sounds as much and as often as I do :lmao:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Fri May 11, 2012 3:42 pm

update!!!

671.4km traveled

34.89l used

= 19.243336km/L

5.1966042

and am hopping to get even better on this tank!!

:beach:

oddo
4200 something
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Posts: 19884
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 am

Fri May 11, 2012 5:28 pm

:ttwwp: :ttwwp:
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Fri May 11, 2012 5:58 pm

:laugh2: :laugh2:

what pics would you like??

:beach:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Wed May 16, 2012 10:43 pm

on a full tank, normally the 1bar goes off between 176-186km traveled

as its been getting colder, air con has been off, and have been driving it easy, and wife can't find the keys
have managed 206km before the 1st bar went off in the way home
that puts me on target to easily getting the 21+km per litre

should be abel to get 700km to the tank
:beach:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Posts: 19884
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 am

Thu May 17, 2012 6:33 am

kfxnando wrote:on a full tank, normally the 1bar goes off between 176-186km traveled

as its been getting colder, air con has been off, and have been driving it easy, and wife can't find the keys
have managed 206km before the 1st bar went off in the way home
that puts me on target to easily getting the 21+km per litre

should be abel to get 700km to the tank
:beach:
Does it have a 35l tank?

Just outa curiosity, do you know how much oil the engine takes?

PS....whez da pics....... :roll: :roll: :roll:
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Thu May 17, 2012 8:20 am

tank. yep they say its 35l

engine oil, will go look, have some time to waste, as they coming to change my water meter just now


pic, its the same as the pics of that silver one that I posted earlier in the thread, however, seeing that self one of the big mouths about others posting pics
will need to make a plan

. :beach:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Posts: 19884
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 am

Thu May 17, 2012 8:30 am

Nou toe......ons wag in spanning :thumbup: Nice pose ne :D:
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Thu May 17, 2012 8:45 am

me do most of posting and browsing from the Tab, its the P1000
on this specific one, me can upload pics, however the pics are just labeled, one can see witch pic one is uploading physicaly
hope the newer ones are better

can go to a pic, and send via bluetooth, whatsapp, email . . . . . . . . .to facebook . . . .
however to upload from the tab to my page or onto here, is difficult

however, have been outside with the camera, taken pics and busy uploading onto my webshots page!!




tic toc tic toc

:tease:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Posts: 19884
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 am

Thu May 17, 2012 8:51 am

kfxnando wrote:me do most of posting and browsing from the Tab, its the P1000
on this specific one, me can upload pics, however the pics are just labeled, one can see witch pic one is uploading physicaly
hope the newer ones are better

can go to a pic, and send via bluetooth, whatsapp, email . . . . . . . . .to facebook . . . .
however to upload from the tab to my page or onto here, is difficult

however, have been outside with the camera, taken pics and busy uploading onto my webshots page!!




tic toc tic toc

:tease:
And that's our problem how..... :?: :lol: :?:
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Thu May 17, 2012 8:59 am

here is the 1st pic, the battery of the Aygo, proof that I drive it, couz the battery is charged!!!
Image






:lmao: :laugh2:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Thu May 17, 2012 9:06 am

distance from full tank, as I posted last night
Image

odometer reading
Image

believe the only Aygo is SA with a rev counter
Image

take note how dirty it is, its been driven!! the front wheel are very dirty and I hardly use breaks, soft original break pads
Image

front view
Image

motor
Image

side view of the motor
Image

puppys watching over the Aygo
Image

done!!

:beach:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Posts: 19884
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 am

Thu May 17, 2012 9:12 am

Finally, nice :thumbup:

That battery is so small if the kids remote control cars batteries are flat, you have a spare at least :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Thu May 17, 2012 9:24 am

the other day, the battery was flat, used the samsung battery to jump start it!! :lmao: :lmao: :laugh2:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Tue May 29, 2012 3:09 pm

well have an update on the cue consumption

traveled 716.4km, yes on a full tank

a tank is supposed to be 35l, however think it takes a few extra few litres

used 34.37 L
not sure if the last tank was as well filled as this one is

works out to 20.84375909 km/L
4.7976 L/100

not bad, sure it will get better on the next one, have a little something me going to do
:cooldude:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Posts: 19884
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 am

Tue May 29, 2012 6:55 pm

kfxnando wrote:well have an update on the cue consumption

traveled 716.4km, yes on a full tank

a tank is supposed to be 35l, however think it takes a few extra few litres

used 34.37 L
not sure if the last tank was as well filled as this one is

works out to 20.84375909 km/L
4.7976 L/100

not bad, sure it will get better on the next one, have a little something me going to do
:cooldude:
Wow that's pretty impressive :thumbup:

....wonder if this motor wil fit in my D4D..... :mocking: In my Lunch Box.....
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:34 pm

here is the latest update

673.8km traveled

used 33.07L

=20.374962km/l

=4.9079846l/km

the 360km, drove nicely, including a trip to pretoria

after that drove it a it faster, and did not worry about fuel consumption

then this afternoon, we took a long trip, to visit family in durban, drove down in 5hrs and 35min
after filling up and getting on the highway, forgot to put it in 5th gear, and what caught my eye was the rev sitting at 4500.
bad weather and very and winds till about warden

so, will update again in the next few days, when we fill up and go back home
however due to traveling on 4th and not 5th, it wasted fuel
did not spare the pedal, however still expect 18-19km/L
:cooldude:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:49 pm

the 5h35m, traveling time, includes a coffee and stretch break at harrysmit, 15-20min

and we are not in Durban self, we are in Winkilspruit


tried to edit, however, as using the tab, page scrolls up and down however the post context does not, hence the new post

. :cooldude: :beach:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
pietpetoors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10432
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:12 pm
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Real Name: Pieter
Club VHF Licence: X27
Contact:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:08 pm

Seems like Peugeot got fed-up with all the Toy owners buying rev counters.
Phoned Peugeot in Durbanville today and gave them the part number. The guy said price is R1921 for the rev counter and R360 for the cowling.
So he asked where I got the part number, me tell him on the internet. So he asked if this is going on a Toyota, me said YES. So he said I guessed so. So then he said, wait a minute, those part numbers were replaced by something else, let's see....... hm, ye, here it is, the VN at the end must be replaced with SL and guess what, the price went up dramatically and the price now is R2910 just for the rev counter.

So I went "oh hell, that is quite expensive" then he said , "oh no, that number is also replaced with a new one and that price now is R5800 for only the rev counter.

So I guess what the guy from Peugeot Durbanville tried to say is "pizz off we wont sell it to you if you put it on a Toyota"
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
Image
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:15 pm

sounds like the guys in JHB are way more helpful, if you wish, me can go and chat with them tomorrow or so

went through all the papers in the aygo today, as I was looking for the jeep license disk, to have it assessed for the hail damage, and found the invoice for the rev counter for the aygo

they assssses

there was also some issue of new part numbers, however the guys made the effort, and me got my stuff, and we can use my invoice to get the same part numbers that I got parts for

shipping to the cape, sure there are enough people going in that direction soon to get the parts to you

let me know if you need help

. :cooldude:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
pietpetoors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10432
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:12 pm
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Real Name: Pieter
Club VHF Licence: X27
Contact:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:08 pm

Thanx Fernando, will let you know, staring to wonder if it is worth spending that on a rev counter

Still on my first tank, must say I just love the little Aygo.

Since you have a rev counter, how many revs does the engine run at 130km/h?
On mine 130 on spedo is 125 on GPS
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
Image
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:49 am

120 think is 3500rpm, this is partly how the fuel consumption is what it is

the fun part, and not yet for you, once you have a few more kms on, to fill the little clock, think the gps was reading 175km/h
either my gps was way wrong or the car magazine guys dont know how to drive!! :lmao:

governor is 6500 :laugh2:

rev counter is worth it

:cooldude:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
pietpetoors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10432
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:12 pm
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Real Name: Pieter
Club VHF Licence: X27
Contact:

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:27 am

Seems like I am not that lucky as far as the fuel consumption goes.
Toyota claims 21.73 km/l consumption (4.6/100km)
I only got between 15 and 16

I then gave it to my wife for a week to drive because she is the one who somehow manage to stick to 100km/h
After a week where I did not touch it, she only got 17km/l

There is a huge difference between 17 and the claimed 21.7.
If I knew that I will only get 16 I would have bought something bigger with a bigger engine like the Etios

Why I say it is a big difference, if Elmi drives the Tazz she gets 14, if I drive it I get 12.

So if Toy said 21.7 and I got 18 or 19 and Elmi got 19 or 20 I would be happy, but not 16 and 17 vs 21.7.

Am I unrealistic?
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
Image
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:32 pm

not unrealistic

the best that I ever got was 21, or just just short of it, posted it on here

with aircon and driving in a bit of a hurry, well into the 18s is a given
and me at altitude

then, as the motor loosen up, it will get better

when we did the urban trip, drove it just bellow 130 gps go avoid fines and there it dropped to 16s
and again check the tyre pressure

me sure if me drove it nicely and avoided the long heels to work, would get closer to the 21 again
the trip to urban helped loosen the motor lot

what type of driving do you guys do? bumper to bumper or highway with lots of long heels?

how many km on the odo, my one is over 13000km

in the morning do you let it idle, couz that pushes the numbers out
self open the gate, then start the car, drive it out straight away close gate, and drive off slowly, when me leave the are its 1.6km and then drive it normally

at night no aircon, during the day, that nice ice cold aircon all the way

hope this info helps :cooldude:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
pietpetoors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10432
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:12 pm
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Real Name: Pieter
Club VHF Licence: X27
Contact:

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:49 pm

what type of driving do you guys do? bumper to bumper or highway
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

No we dont do those things. I drive around town, where the closest to bumper to bumper I get is if I drive on somebody's arse because they are doing 40 in a 60 zone.
If I go to CPT I am 1km from the open road.

When Elmi tested it for the week she went to Vredenburg and back and there is only one stop street on the route of 25 km where you have to wait nehind other cars, otherwise it is open road.

I might understand my 16 because I was driving it 130 on the open road, but Elmi's 17 is just not on

Maybe I must take it on the West Coast road one day, there is an Engen Garage on the road. I can fill it there, then drive 50km towards CPT, turn around , drive back to the garage and fill it again. Then there is no traffic and I can make sure I keep it on 100km. If it then gives me at least 20km/l I will stop moaning.

Do you think 100km is far enough for a fuel consumption test on open road?
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
Image
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:55 pm

how many km on the oddo
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
CasKru
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 24225
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:52 am
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Real Name: Cassie
Club VHF Licence: B15
Location: Rynfield

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:12 pm

HAve I mentioned that my Picanto gives me 17km/h even if I drive 130km/h on the highway with bumper to bumper traffic in between? And on the open road it gets at least 18 :D:
To God be the glory
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:29 pm

have been thinking about this one and there are a few facts here, and ideas

1. tyre pressure, me find if I push it up from the recommended 2.2 to 2.4 when tyres are cold, it makes a difference in the fuel consumption
without much difference to comfort or handling

2. when driving a older car like a conquest or my courier, both carb, if one puts it in neutral when slowing down like getting off the highway or on the long downhills, then one saves fuel
NOT so on fuel injection cars, if one lifts off the throttle and leaves the vehicle in gear the ecu switches off the injectors, saving fuel

not sure if this helps, however these are things that I do. currently looks like I should get close to 19km/l on this tank

again and have read this, that as the motor loosens up, it does get better

either wise time to get the dealers to have a look

maybe our fuel up here is gouteng is more efficient :lmao:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
pietpetoors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10432
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:12 pm
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Real Name: Pieter
Club VHF Licence: X27
Contact:

Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:35 pm

Eventually decided to fit a rev counter to may Aygo as well

Only finished it now, so will only test it on the road tomorrow

http://www.4x4direct.co.za/aygo-rev-counter/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
Image
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots
User avatar
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:33 pm
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland
Real Name: Fernando
Contact:

Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:44 pm

The cherry on the cake, the new top of the range aygo now comes out with the rev counter. :lmao:

How is your fuel consumption now days
Me now getting 18km/l, however that is wish more town driving and aircon on almost all the time

And with fuel about to get to R13/L, it was the right car to buy
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
pietpetoors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10432
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:12 pm
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Real Name: Pieter
Club VHF Licence: X27
Contact:

Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:07 pm

I hover between 17 and 18km/l. That is town driving mixed with long distances. Long distances mostly at 120 to 130km/h
99.95% of the time no aircon

I am still very happy with the little Aygo. It is vet pret driving it.
I did some sound proofing to the insides of the doors and side panels. Still want to do the floor as well.

It now stands a bit north of 24,000km
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
Image
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots
User avatar
Kaspaas
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:39 am
Town: Somerset - Wes
Vehicle: 1998 Land Cruiser 105series GX
Real Name: Cobus
Location: Somerset Wes

Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Manne ek wil nou nie lelik wees nie maar my 2ton diesel Cruze gee 19km/l plus. :problem:
Moet daai klein karretjies nie meer gee nie? :think:
1998 Toyota land Cruiser 105 series. 4.2 D

"I am human, I make mistakes, and that is okay, I have my own permission."
Post Reply

Return to “Open Discussion”