Gauteng e-tolling

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Sebata
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cosmo City
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds
Club VHF Licence: X125

Gauteng e-tolling

Post by Sebata »

its quite sickning how SANRAL just wants to impose its authority on most of the unregistered users, including me ofcoz & i'm not planning to register, they can send thier bill & it'll only end up in a pit tolilet somewhere :mrgreen: ,
http://www.iol.co.za/the-star/sanral-fa ... -1.1278353" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tau Sello
Sebata, Lion enjoys hunting with Hynas...
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Re: Gauteng e-tolling

Post by Niel »

In my opinion this toll roads are all a load of hog wash. We pay enough tax as it is, to maintain the roads and since 94 the tax paying base has increased enough. It is time we get government to do the fundamentals correct and not just keep adding to the tax burden of ordinary South Africans. I hope people will stop using the toll roads so their plan can fail and we show them a finger (no not that one) this one :thumbdown:
arnize2
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Wellington
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4X4

Post by arnize2 »

I wonder how it is going to work when visitors drive on the E-toll roads??? This is how I look when driving in Gauteng. :shock2: :shock2: :lol: :lol:
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

If no-one register and they need to use snail-mail the system will surely crash.Also if you need to pay an invoice that was posted to you then pay 20c more.There admin is going to be a nightmare :blackeye:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

I heard on the news this morning that the total amount of money lost / stolen due to corrupt tenders etc is now at about R640 Billion. So if all the taxes we pay went to the correct avenues and not into the corrupt officials pockets, they could have paid for these road improvements 32 times
To God be the glory
Borntofish
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Hilux 86

Post by Borntofish »

This whole fiasco is all about that wheel that always slowly turns. We have come full circle. Enough is enough.
jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

Post by jacques kotze »

I have heard that something like 25 000 people have registered for e-tolling. The thing is, they are just gonna make skelms more skelm in the sense of fake number plates and things like that, and what will happen is they will fake they're own number plate by using your number plate. . .
Rebel 4x4
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

What wrong having the e-toll system..... I thinks it is a good idea, it's work creation... By the way, I'm from PE :lmao:
Sent from my iPhone
Sebata
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds

Post by Sebata »

jacques kotze wrote:I have heard that something like 25 000 people have registered for e-tolling. The thing is, they are just gonna make skelms more skelm in the sense of fake number plates and things like that, and what will happen is they will fake they're own number plate by using your number plate. . .
me say all those 25000 people that have registered are SELLOUTS bowing down to idle threats.... if the COSATU strike on 30th is on they can count me in...nxaaaa :aggresive: :aggresive:
Tau Sello
Dodging
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Golof

Post by Dodging »

Rebel 4x4 wrote: it's work creation...

That's what they tell us... I'd like to see them explain it to all the people who lose income (domestic workers, gardeners etc) due to Joe Public no longer being able to afford them coming in every second day and change it to once a week...
Nothing is impossible - it just costs more
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

The 25 000 vehicles registered to date are probably mostly all government vehicles like the municipalities, police, health, ngo's etc...
4x4Maniac
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited (JKU) 3.8 Auto
Club VHF Licence: X120

Gauteng e-tolling

Post by 4x4Maniac »

I've read somewhere that the government used the gov employment fund to invest in sanral, that is why they are pushing it as hard as possible, otherwise you will have a depleted fund.
ORRA CALLSIGN X120
AKA Epsilon on 4x4Community
(2011 JKUR)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.8 Auto Unlimited

Rugged Ridge Front & Rear Bumpers
Rugged Ridge Light Guards
KC Spotlights
Previous:
2003 Toyota Hilux DC KZTE 3.0 4x4
2001 Toyota Hilux DC 2700i 4x4
Borntofish
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Borntofish »

The 25 000 vehicles registered to date are probably mostly all government vehicles like the municipalities, police, health, ngo's etc...
I have not seen a etag in real life. Over the last two weeks I have paid attention to all the bumper to bumper traffic between Malibongwe and Rivonia off ramps in th morning. Not one......
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

4x4Maniac wrote:I've read somewhere that the government used the gov employment fund to invest in sanral, that is why they are pushing it as hard as possible, otherwise you will have a depleted fund.
That is in fact correct as the pension from the SANDF and other govemerment funds have been used. Problem is now that their own people that work in these places will not have a pension fund. Maybe its time to stop having "conferences" of over R 600 Million and start actually paying attention to what mayhem their absurd luxurios lifestyles have landed them in and start fixing it from the inside and also not by milking the pucblic for that money.

Goverment should actually be taken to court for this as this IMO is basically fraud that is just covered up by their own schemes.....
Johan Marais
kfxnando
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

posted earlier on, however my post is Miami

any case the 25 000 that have registered, is the government vehicles that have been registered
over and above that doubt that anyone has registered

on the post office not being able to prosses all the invoice, yes they are slow, however they more then have capacity
over the years the mail volumes has dropped, so they have capacity
:beach:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Donkey will not register for etoll, simple. (I wish this was not a family forum :aggresive: I'd be more expressive). Almost spoilt my day yesterday when I got thinking of this ... (sensored)

Tax on wages,
tax on food,
tax on petrol,
tax on ....

C'mon gimme a break :banned:
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Sebata

Post by Sebata »

JohanM wrote:
4x4Maniac wrote:I've read somewhere that the government used the gov employment fund to invest in sanral, that is why they are pushing it as hard as possible, otherwise you will have a depleted fund.
That is in fact correct as the pension from the SANDF and other govemerment funds have been used. Problem is now that their own people that work in these places will not have a pension fund. Maybe its time to stop having "conferences" of over R 600 Million and start actually paying attention to what mayhem their absurd luxurios lifestyles have landed them in and start fixing it from the inside and also not by milking the pucblic for that money.

Goverment should actually be taken to court for this as this IMO is basically fraud that is just covered up by their own schemes.....
Apparently there's a court case pending RE: the use of pension fund to finance this whole project.... :aggresive: ,
Tau Sello
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

Etoll = DOMPAS
KOBUSL
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: WOLSELEY
Vehicle: '96 HILUX 2.8 HILUX DC 3i BMW 540 RANCHERO UTE 4 Li

Post by KOBUSL »

One speedcop at one stopsign in Soweto ( and doing his work ) for one day will generate enough revenue to satisfy SANRAL ( and me )
Word te vinnig oud en te stadig wys.
Popmar
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Albertskroon Johannesburg
Vehicle: Hi Lux

Post by Popmar »

Verskoon maar dat ek die Afrikaanse taal gooi. Was in die Vrystaat op skool en het ek net geleer om Yes en No te se en as ek kwaad was "go to hell"

Die feit dat die Staatsdiens amptenare se pensioenfonds blykbaar op een of ander wyse plus minus 15 biljoen rand bele het in die bou van die tolpaaie veroorsaak natuurlik `n geweldige finansieele probleem vir die hele land.

Die persone wat tans met `n staatsdiens pensioen afgetreed is, is meestal van die blanke bevolking. Sou hulle pensioene netsoos die afgetrede spoorwegamptenare jaarliks met 1% jaarliks groei terwyl mediese uitgawes met 10% vermeerder gaan dit chaos vir die afgetredenes skep.

Cosatu het die afgetrede staatsdiens pensioenarisse en sal min van hulle huidige lede regtig geraak word deur die 15 Biljoen wat moontlik verlore kan gaan. So vir hulle sal dit `n tipe van regstelling wees as die gelde verlore gaan.

Hoeveel van die forum se lede of deelnemrs het ouers wat staasdiens-pensioenarisse is. Hoop hulle is bereid om dit wat hulle aan die tolgeld sou betaal aan hul ouers of familie gee.

Ek se nie die regering het die regte ding gedoen nie maar twee "wrongs" maak nie `n saak reg nie.

Agri forum wil `n hofbevel kry - hoeveel van hulle lede loop doie gevaar om swak pensioenvoordele te kry?
Polarbear2008
Vehicle: 01 Hilux Kz-te 4x4 Raider d/c
Club VHF Licence: X49

Post by Polarbear2008 »

Martin

By wie het SANRAL toestemming gekry om pensioengeld in die eerste plek te gebruik? By die lede van die fonds? Ek twyfel! Hoe kan hulle droogmaak, ons probleem word? Ek het simpatie met die mense wat daardeur geraak wor, maar SANRAL moet skuld aanvaar vir die inplimentering van n\'n stelsel SONDER publieke deelname! Dis 'n tiranie dat hulle eenvouding die storie op loop gesit het met die houding van BETAAL OF ANDERS!!?? Watse demokrasie is dit??
01 Hilux 3.0L KZ-TE 4x4 Raider d/c
GME Gx300 29meg & Vertex VX2200 VHF radio
Mikem load springs with greasable shackles and polybushes
Monroe Gas Magnum shocks
Kumho Road Venture AT - 30x9.5x15
National Luna Dual battery system
Frontrunner roofrack with s/steel table
Twin rear high lift jack points
Hilux4x4club sticker! ('nuf said!)
Echo3 4x4 offroad trailer with NL 74 Litre Fridge/Freezer
Dual loadbox slides
Wishlist:
Alu canopy
Warn Winch
Unlimited Fuel & Travel Budget!
Rebel 4x4
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

Dodging wrote:

That's what they tell us... I'd like to see them explain it to all the people who lose income (domestic workers, gardeners etc) due to Joe Public no longer being able to afford them coming in every second day and change it to once a week...
They (gardeners, domestic workers) won't be affected (unless they drive their Merc to work) because taxis and busses will be subsidised.
Sent from my iPhone
Mikie
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kyalami
Vehicle: Hilux 2006 3.0D4D 2x4 DC

Post by Mikie »

Thomas, I think you misread that statement
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Rebel 4x4 wrote:
Dodging wrote:

They (gardeners, domestic workers) won't be affected (unless they drive their Merc to work) because taxis and busses will be subsidised.
The employers won't be able to afford these employees anymore
To God be the glory
Piesang
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: '99 Hilux SRX d/c 4x4

Post by Piesang »

Ek sit nou wel hier onder in die Kaap, maar kan nie sê dit raak my nie.

Ek het hulle nie toesteming gegee om my pensioen geld vir die saak te gebruik nie

VIVA :zaflag:

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Polarbear2008 wrote:Martin

By wie het SANRAL toestemming gekry om pensioengeld in die eerste plek te gebruik? By die lede van die fonds? Ek twyfel! Hoe kan hulle droogmaak, ons probleem word? Ek het simpatie met die mense wat daardeur geraak wor, maar SANRAL moet skuld aanvaar vir die inplimentering van n\'n stelsel SONDER publieke deelname! Dis 'n tiranie dat hulle eenvouding die storie op loop gesit het met die houding van BETAAL OF ANDERS!!?? Watse demokrasie is dit??

en wanneer laas het jy iets gesien in die land wat jou laat dink dit is n demokrasie.

en ek praat nie nou van n verkiesing nie, wanneer laas het die oorheersende party enige iemand geraadpleeg oor wat die beste is vir die land ?
Last edited by CasKru on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix quote tags
kfxnando
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

sanral now claims 325 000 registrations

wonder how true those numbers are, we might never know
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wegbreek
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Vehicle: 2001 Hilux KZTE

Post by Wegbreek »

Also large corporations, like the motor manufacturers. VWSA has compelled all their employees who have a leased vehicle to register and of course all the car hire companies have to register as well.
pietdevs
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Mosselbay
Vehicle: Toyota Land Cruiser Troopy

Post by pietdevs »

SA is the ONLY country in the world where a majority has implemented affirmative action to protect them against a minority! Welcome to true democracy! E toll is a typical example of this.... The 25 000 that paid is not true but merely a plot to "force" you to pay. Cameras at the various pay booths proved this.
Popmar
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Albertskroon Johannesburg
Vehicle: Hi Lux

Post by Popmar »

Vandag (20 April 2012) se Beeld meld die storie van die staatsdiensamptenare se pensioenfonds. :sick: :evil:
Amper R16 miljard bele in die tolpaaie maar die staat waarborg dit darem blykbaar. :crazy: :thumbdown:
Sit toe my Afrika gedagtes aan die werk hoe ek die tolgelde kan omseil. :think: :idea: Almal kla daaroor maar niemand het nog met `n plan voorendag gejkom nie. :thumbdown: Dit is veral vir die mense wat die pad baie gaan gebruik wat ek `n bietjie raad wil gee. ;-) :tease:
Aangesien taxis blykbaar nie gaan betaal nnie - registreer jou motor as `n taxi. Miskien sal die hele proses jou `n maand se tolgeld kos maar dan ry jy vir `n jaar lank verniet. :lmao: :laugh2: :taunt: :dance1:
As jy meer as een voertuig het ruil net altyd jou nommerplaat om sodat jy net vir een voertuig hoef te registreer. As jy registreer by Sanral moet jy blykbaar `n deposito gee. Hoekom 2 depositos as een kan werk. :wink2: :roll:
Ek het `n slim vriend wat my vertel dat dit goedkoper is om tolgelde te betaal as wat jy `n uur langer op die pad sal wees. Jou petrolverbruik is volgens hom (seker `n feit) baie meer as jy ry en stop. Vernaam nou waar daar honderde robotte is wat nie wek nie. :cool: :mocking: :taunt:

Het van julle nog planne hoe `n mens die tolpad kan gebruik en nie betaal nie. Dit is nou behalwe om jou buurman se nommerplate te gaan leen en daarmee rondry. :shock:
kfxnando

Post by kfxnando »

now that could be a plan

wonder how much it will cost to register my cars with one of the local taxi association

any thing not to pay the tolls

. :beach:

. :tease:
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

Build your own tag that uploads a nasty virus, or one that randomly changes it's serial # :mrgreen:

When they eventually catch on, you present your legal, working tag..will baffle them all over again :twisted:
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

http://toxinews.blogspot.com/2012/04/sa ... er-on.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Friday 20 April 2012
SANRAL - From an Australian Newspaper on South Africa E-Tolls

"The deal between Sanral and Kapsch of Austria, the e-tolling operating company is not with the corporate entity, but with Kapsch Sweden.

Kapsch Sweden used to be SAAB Aerospace, a 50% shareholder in a company called SANIP. British Aerospace held the other 50%. SANIP is alleged to be the payment vehicle used by SAAB and BAE to pay the alleged bribes of around R100Million in the Arms Deal saga to ensure that the Gripen fighter was chosen.

The names Hlongwane, Modise, ANC, Zuma, Shaik figure prominently in the list of alleged recipients.

So why Kapsch Sweden, not the corporate entity? I leave it to your imagination.

How much? According to the corporate structure used to implement e-tolling in SA, about 80c of each rand of profit can be repatriated to Austria via Sweden. Gauteng alone expects to generate about R350Million a month in toll fees.

Assuming a very conservative 10% profit available to be repatriated, that means about R28Million a month to go overseas"
To God be the glory
Sebata

Post by Sebata »

:shock: :shock: ..... as expected
Tau Sello
Borntofish
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Borntofish »

wonder how much it will cost to register my cars with one of the local taxi association
Not going to help to register your car as a taxi :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Fresh from the press....

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/ ... w-20120424

Now that is good news! :aggresive: :aggresive:
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Wonder if the meant "Austrian Newspaper"...?

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

Some people :roll: eish
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

george wrote:Some people :roll: eish
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
oxydog
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: '98 Hilux SFA 2.8D 4X4 D/C, '06 Hilux 4.0 V6 4X4 D/C
Club VHF Licence: J67

Post by oxydog »

E-toll mayhem as people rush to buy tags
Attachments
e-toll
e-toll
Bees (Toy)
'98 Hilux 2.8D 4X4 D/Cab

• ARB Bullbar
• Safari Snorkel
• GearMax Rear Locker
• Dragon 29 MHz with 2.6m whip
• Front Runner bakkie slide
• 31" BFG KM2's

Hings (Everyday use and long distance travel)
'06 Hilux 4.0 V6 4X4 D/Cab

• Level-it kit (Front)
• Custom integrated bullbar
• Custom replacement bumper
• Midas driving lights
• Front Runner bakkie slide
• National Luna 80l fridge/freezer
• National Luna Dual Battery System
• LA Sport 70l long range tank
• 2x40W Solar panels with PWM controller
• 31" BFG KM3's
Sebata

Post by Sebata »

:lmao: :tease: :lmao: :lmao:
Tau Sello
kfxnando

Post by kfxnando »

george wrote:Some people :roll: eish

and my wife says I like to stir

this guy makes me look very mild

he has guts, think the cops saved his bacon, or maybe he lost a bet or something like that
:laugh2: :lmao:
kfxnando

Post by kfxnando »

just something else

:beach:
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

Excellent Fernando :thumbup:

Return to “Open Discussion”