Ford 3.2 TDCi

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
pietdevs
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Mosselbay
Vehicle: Toyota Land Cruiser Troopy

Ford 3.2 TDCi

Post by pietdevs »

I am and have been a Toyota man all my life.... BUT I took a test drive in the new Ford 3.2 TDCi. The 470 Nm torque is impressive and the D4D feels weak against it. Even the trim is impressive. Any thoughts on the matter?
My personal opinion is that Toyota must pull up their socks..
Stubs
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Onrusrivier Hermanus
Vehicle: 89, Hilux D/cab 3.0L V6 Ford !!

Re: Ford 3.2 TDCi

Post by Stubs »

cant be a Ford... the new ones are great. wait till you see one fully rigged then you will be blown away.... :acute:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

The new Ford is an awesome looking vehicle, those engine specs are impressive too! Must say I'd probably look at the new Ford diesel before I consider a 2nd hand D4D!
MORNE
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Isuzu E/cab 3.0 D-tec

Post by MORNE »

pietdevs wrote:I am and have been a Toyota man all my life.... BUT I took a test drive in the new Ford 3.2 TDCi. The 470 Nm torque is impressive and the D4D feels weak against it. Even the trim is impressive. Any thoughts on the matter?
My personal opinion is that Toyota must pull up their socks..
I spoke to a friend of mine that works at a Toyota Dealer, he admits that Ford is taking alot of his sales. Toyota must bring out a much better bakkie than what they have at the moment to compete. But as I know Toyota they will still fit the new Hilux with the same D4D 3.0 and just chip it to 140kw.
The Ford is the market leader at this moment , to me so far the only negative to the Ford is that the body is very soft. You can take your finger and push a dent in it. Its a very expensive Ford to , but that 3.2 auto is a monster.
tersmit
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Durbanville Cape Town
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4x4 4.0 Auto D/C, 185a/h Dual Battery Sistem, 1500w inverter

Post by tersmit »

Sorry Stubs/MrB
I was looking for the TOYOTA Hilux forum.
Must be an incorrect link somewhere :D:
I must say guys i am on that page, especially since i either tow a Caravan or a Camping Trailer
Spoke to a Toyota Dealer at the Bredasdorp Agri Mega show, and he told me that Toyota will only be replacing the current D4D in 2016.
On the other hand, the Ford only has a diesel and no 6 cylinder petrol engines in the form of a V-Shape :thumbdown:, that makes such a nice sound
Gideonvanzyl
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 D/C 4x4

Post by Gideonvanzyl »

I also think the new Ford 3.2 is a smart bakkie. If I could afFord one, I would buy one. Unfortunately this will not be in the near future.
Toyota Hilux 2.7 Legend 35 (Bullnose) 2003 d/cab 4x4 with Cooper Discoverer AT 3's on with unichip and Powerflow exhaust. Name: Blouwillebees
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Ek hoor wat julle almal se en ek dink ook die Ford lyk netjies. Ek bly maar 'n Toyota outjie want ek weet in die longrun is waar dit tel
To God be the glory
smokintyres
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Windhoek
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6, relatively standard; for now...

Post by smokintyres »

Unfortunately I must admit that I have done a bit of homework on this topic when the Ford was due to be released in SA :blushing: . For my purposes I compared the super cab 4x4 models and have come to the conclusion that the Ford only has a higher towing capacity, higher wading depth and slightly lower fuel consumption (at least according to the manufacturer's specs :eh: ) What the Ford does not have though is a proper gear shift lever for engaging the 4x4, cruise control does not come as std in the super cab version and of course the lifelong unbeatable track record that Toyota can offer. The Ford also offers fancy vehicle stability helpers; all electronic and therefore in my opinion only something that will cause more trouble than good :confused: There are more smaller items in which the two vehicles vary, but these were the selling points for me (in favour of the Hilux obviously). :cooldude: Well, at least when I will be able to afford one in a couple of years or so :drool:
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

I recently drove a friend's 2.2 Mazda BT-50. And man o man what a nice motor to drive. I can just imagine what the 3.2 will do :drool:
But ja the toy will probably outlast them,but then again the guys that buy them usually drives them until the motor plan expires and then sell them for a new one,so they not to worried about reliability
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Bacon
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 VVti S/C

Post by Bacon »

If this is anything to go by I will rather wait till 2014, just hope Toyota brings a stronger d4d that the ford and fix the 2.7 VVTI.

But That Ford is great bakkie for the meanwhile, just to expensive but then everything is.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/t ... with-HiLux" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

A few of my clients went with impressive spec sheets, they bought Fords, Colts etc. some poor buggers even bought Navara's, all went well, they got reasonable to good service out of them, but when it became time to trade them, they could not even get settlement value, the problem now is to get back into the Toyota market you either have to extend your bond or buy secondhand.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "

Return to “Open Discussion”