Sad but very true

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Sad but very true

Post by Donkey »

Morning guys and gals. I don't like talking politics simply because I don't think it will add any value to our situation in South Africa, things are only getting worse but I thought I share this email below simly because it is true, and also so sad at the same time.

Entitlement mentality – our black nation crippler
By Phorane
Thursday, June 13, 2013
So, for almost a century, dark-skinned South African citizens (blacks, Indians and coloureds) were disenfranchised by previous regimes, through policies that were designed to segregate along race lines. Then democracy dawned and the shoe is now on the other foot..
First we got equal rights, through our national constitution (one of the best in the world I hear); later in the day we received Affirmative Action in the workplace, followed by BEE (later B-BB EE). Then we came back and received a variety of grants to a whole bunch of deserving citizens. To top it all up, we started enjoying government tenders which were given to deserving previously disadvantaged groups, with the view to re-distribute the country’s wealth and equalise the economic wealth floating around.
As if on cue, a certain mentality started to appear within the black communities: the entitlement mentality. The ideology that black people are entitled to a host of benefits and some misbehaviour, just because in the past benefits were given to non-blacks; for example:
Public servants are entitled to hold on to positions in government (even if they are unable or willing to do the actual job), people are entitled to get grants, people are entitled to act above the law; just because they were oppressed during the apartheid years. In my opinion this is a nation destroyer of note.
Police are entitled to bribes, because they earn ‘low salaries’. Nurses are entitled to strike, at the expense of patients, even though this should actually be an essential service. Teachers are entitled to abscond from their teaching positions even while present at work just because they can and the government is powerless to put them in their place.
People are entitled to be in positions in the public sector (cadre deployment) because they are of the colour skin that was previously segregated against, but also because they belong to the party that fought for the liberation of the people. As a result, we ended up with a public service that is a dismal failure in action. Education has gone to the dogs, I mean we can’t even deliver a textbook; health service is on the verge of crippled, social services are almost non-existent. But no one is taken to task for this absolute chaos; just because they are entitled to be in government.
Because people feel that they are entitled to better, no matter their education and skills level, in the township, some economic activities in the informal employment sector are looked down upon. Jobs like hairdressers, hawking, shoe repairs (etc.) are not pursued because apparently they don’t hold the standard to which people feel they are entitled to. This is one of the reasons why foreigners come into this country, get immersed in these activities and end up making a better living than the locals. The next thing, the locals get jealous and go after the foreigners under the guise of xenophobia.
In the workplace, some people feel that they are entitled to equal pay, no matter their level of skills, education or experience and no matter what their performance is in those positions. Hence productivity is so low in our businesses and labour costs are so high relative to skill and experience and relative to productivity. And we wonder why businesses find it better to import goods from places like China, where pay for performance is a standard and people don’t feel entitled to anything other than that which they worked for and deserve.
Enter the ruling party and entitlement takes a different dimension altogether; one would think that the ruling party was the only party that fought the liberation war. Just because they fought for the liberation of the masses, they are entitled to be in power; it doesn’t matter that they are doing a shoddy job of public service delivery; the public must just tolerate them because as struggle veterans, they are entitled to govern. God forbid that one points to their weaknesses and the impact of their lack of commitment to service delivery; then one is labelled a demagogue or a counter-revolutionary.
Then enter the president and his umpteen wives. The man, who is entitled to marry as many wives as he wants, at a cost to the tax payer; because first he was in jail for fighting for “the liberation of the people”. Secondly, he belongs to a party that is entitled to govern because they fought for the liberation of the people. The man that is entitled to live in a mansion on the hill, while a stone throw away from his house, people are suffering and living in unacceptable conditions.
One could easily blame this mentality on the lack of education; I blame it on the lack of directive leadership from our political leaders. Over time, I came to the conclusion that the political leaders of the ruling party are only in it for the money, not because they are committed to improving the lives of ordinary citizens of this country. To think that after 20 years of democracy, the country’s wealth is still distributed unevenly; we are one of the most unequal societies in the world; for an economy as developed as ours that is shocking. Someone once said ‘the rich are getting richer while the poor are getting poorer’. It’s sad but this is the reality of life in South Africa.
Black people need to find a way to channel their energies into the positive moulding of our society. People must be accountable for their actions, or lack thereof. Respect for the law is the starting point; if we do not respect the same laws we voted into being when we voted for democracy, we are cutting our own noses to spite our faces.
For me, come election year, I will vote with my head like I usually do. I am not voting for people that do nothing for me and yet feel entitled to my vote.
“Oh hell no, this madness must come to an end now!!!!”.

Phorane
JHB based Production PLanning & Logistics manager.
I was born and raised in the rural flatlands of Limpopo, in the Republic of South Africa.
I am a traditionalist, but I have allowed my culture to evolve with the times so that it remains relevant to the times we live in. I am a proud husband, father and role model in my broadest family, as well as in the community that I live in. I believe in God the giver of light and life; I respect my ancestors, my parents on the other side.
I build my career from the bottom, garnering education in the process, until I got to MBA level
I am a charitable person, driven and motivated by the opportunity to put a smile on someone’s face, when they realise that I have contributed to an improvement onto their day or their life.
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: Sad but very true

Post by CasKru »

Thanks for sharing Donkey :thumbup:

This line sums it up for me: "where pay for performance is a standard and people don’t feel entitled to anything". Once you get to this you can grow
To God be the glory
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

George Orwell wrote a couple of classics more than half a century ago.

His "1984" book is again one of the top sellers - with the American spy scandal at the moment. Once could be excused for thinking he was a bit of a prophet ..... sadly it is just history repeating itself again and again .....

Now read his book "Animal farm" - a satire based on the Russian revolution .... the "freedom fighters" taking over the reigns and QUICKLY set about filling their own pockets ...... one could be excused for thinking history is once again repeating itself ......

PS - to be fair - also see how this exact same thing happens time and again all over the world when "freedom fighters" take over the reigns .....
Bugzy
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Rustenburg
Vehicle: 2015 Hilux S/C 4X4 Dakar1996 2.8D s/c 4x4 Hilux with 3CT Toyota motor
Club VHF Licence: X56

Post by Bugzy »

Thanks Tomelu
If the everyone can see the truth of this, South Africa would be the preferred country to live in in the world.....
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear

Post by Donkey »

ChrisF wrote:George Orwell wrote a couple of classics more than half a century ago.

His "1984" book is again one of the top sellers - with the American spy scandal at the moment. Once could be excused for thinking he was a bit of a prophet ..... sadly it is just history repeating itself again and again .....

Now read his book "Animal farm" - a satire based on the Russian revolution .... the "freedom fighters" taking over the reigns and QUICKLY set about filling their own pockets ...... one could be excused for thinking history is once again repeating itself ......

PS - to be fair - also see how this exact same thing happens time and again all over the world when "freedom fighters" take over the reigns .....
I have been saying I don't know how many times that I should look for Animal Farm and read it again, you're taking me back to high school now :thumbup:
Tumelo Maketekete
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

ImageImage
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

Tumelo, thanx for posting this
saw this a few days ago, however as you said, due to trying to avoid politics, did not share it!!

however will take the opportunity to add my 2c

Mandela was stuck next to the highway, in a broken down ambulance for 40min!! engine failure!!
Gov spokesperson say it could happen to any vehicle!!
USA has airforce 1 for their president, they are not so new 747s!! they are well maintained!! properly maintained by the best!! have seen the documentaries!!
Donkey wrote: later in the day we received Affirmative Action in the workplace, followed by BEE (later B-BB EE).

we started enjoying government tenders which were given to deserving previously disadvantaged groups
just because in the past benefits were given to non-blacks; for example:
Public servants are entitled to hold on to positions in government (even if they are unable or willing to do the actual job)
In my opinion this is a nation destroyer of note.
People are entitled to be in positions in the public sector (cadre deployment) because they are of the colour skin that was previously segregated against, but also because they belong to the party that fought for the liberation of the people. As a result, we ended up with a public service that is a dismal failure in action. Education has gone to the dogs, I mean we can’t even deliver a textbook; health service is on the verge of crippled, social services are almost non-existent. But no one is taken to task for this absolute chaos; just because they are entitled to be in government.

in my twisted opinion and reasoning, the reason why Mandela was on the side of the road for 40min dying in a broken down ambulance, is to be found in my selective quoting/extracts from the original article!!

then I have another question!!
if the engine failed, then alternator is not working!!
unless there is other power devices aboard, that I am not aware of, how was the life supporting equipment being powered??

excuse my was skepticism, however have learned to sniff BS, sometimes even where it does not exist!!

let me go watch the LeMans again, before I say too much!

:surrender: :surrender:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vioolsdrift
Vehicle: 2010 4.0 V6 Fortuner 4x4
Club VHF Licence: N/A

Post by Froll »

Fernando, those are state secrets that you are talking about. If they shared them, then we would camp without a worry. But on a serious note, a good post and an eye opener for some people that can see what is going on in this beautiful Country of ours. One day some will wake up to cold coffee and wonder where it all went wrong.
Oupa Stig
Town: Johannesbug
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE 4X2 "Stagger Lee", Hilux IFS 2.7 4x4 "Loretta"

Post by Oupa Stig »

Yeah, Tumelo, at first glance it is sad, and disappointing especially for Black folk who had such great hopes for their future in SA.
But here's the thing: this letter is GREAT news. Not because it says the ANC had failed or whatever, but because it shows a growing awareness among South Africans of what democracy is supposed to be. One day our govt will HAVE TO PERFORM, or be voted out. That's magnificent news, and in the interrest of the majority of SA folk.
Here's a simple example of how these things work, something which most folk nowadays forget: in 1992(?) the NATS held a referendum, which changed the course of history in SA. They knew it meant an end to NAT rule in SA, the white only voters knew that too. Yet they were brave enough to ask their white voters what they wanted. (can anyone recall exactly WHAT that referendum was about?). Because the electorate was sick and tired of the NATS and their bull, and the electorate had enough experience in democracy (even though it was a "whites only" democracy) to know that they could change things.
Yes, there as resistance, because lets face it, apartheid etc. was giving the whites a great advantage. But the point is this: a mature electorate decided that the pro's and con's of apartheid were such that apartheid had to end.
Once our full SA electorate, all races, can display the same level of mature awareness as the writer of that good news letter, SA will be unstoppable. Hopefully it happens in our lifetime!
I feel a lot less wise at 45 than I did at 15.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

I must commend your positive outlook Mickey and have to say, as you also say, that hopefully that change happens in our lifetime. :thumbup:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Mickey I think this is what we all hope and pray for - a truly equal society.

where deserving politicians are elected. If you dont deliver, somebody else gets voted in.

similarly, those that WORK get the positions. those that fill the seats and dont deliver get replaced .....

A society where PERFORMANCE is more important than race or gender

and we should not forget, the new generation is in CONSTANT contact - it is no longer possible to "dumb down" a voting public with selective media (YES, even the old regime controlled what the public saw!!). With all the modern communication channels it is no longer possible to hide the truth from the voters .... strange (sad) the opposition parties have not started using this medium to inform the voters of the real possibilities of democracy ..... your VOTE is so much more powerful than rioting ....
HennieO
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: '98 Hilux DC 2.7;2012 MB ML350;2016 MB C220 BLUETEC; 1999 VW GOLF 1.6; VW Caddy P/V

Post by HennieO »

Powerful piece, thanks!
it is no longer possible to "dumb down" a voting public with selective media (YES, even the old regime controlled what the public saw!!).
Not only controlled what the public saw, they brainwashed an entire nation for 48 years!!!

Will we allow this current regime the same amount of time??? I hope not!
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

After reviewing statements by various influential people and facts about dwindling economies like Britain, USA etc. I came to the following conclusion;

"If you want to cripple a country's economy, give the people rights and grants they haven't worked for."
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Donkey wrote:I must commend your positive outlook Mickey and have to say, as you also say, that hopefully that change happens in our lifetime. :thumbup:
Tumelo, I doubt it. There is nothing new or eye-opening in that article to those with just a reasonable set of sensibilities .... as mentioned, with modern media tech there is no '"ignorance" excuse ... all are aware of and living the status quo. Those standing to gain from it will try / do anything to perpetuate it no matter the cost to our society (we've seen more than enough proof of this). But what about the masses that are worse off now than under old regime? Why have they not changed their vote already 15 years ago? Xnondo igusha .... sheep mentality! Unless those masses are encouraged or forced by circumstances to recognise and act upon the need for change, we are stuck in this rut.

:(
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Mud Dog wrote:
Donkey wrote:I must commend your positive outlook Mickey and have to say, as you also say, that hopefully that change happens in our lifetime. :thumbup:
Tumelo, I doubt it. There is nothing new or eye-opening in that article to those with just a reasonable set of sensibilities .... as mentioned, with modern media tech there is no '"ignorance" excuse ... all are aware of and living the status quo. Those standing to gain from it will try / do anything to perpetuate it no matter the cost to our society (we've seen more than enough proof of this). But what about the masses that are worse off now than under old regime? Why have they not changed their vote already 15 years ago? Xnondo igusha .... sheep mentality! Unless those masses are encouraged or forced by circumstances to recognise and act upon the need for change, we are stuck in this rut.

:(
15 or even 20 years is a SHORT time ....

To see the influence the "outside" can have on a "community" read some of the books about Gamkaskloof (Die Hel).

Many many years back a couple of farmers fled the Brits and made a life for themselves in the Gamkaskloof. The Brits could not reach them there .... and so they lived in relative peace for a few generations. Then the age old urge took over and they wanted "something better" for heir kids ..... step one was to build a school .... it took more than 12 years for the first of the new kids to go to university .... and they got jobs outside of the kloof and never came back .... today, a mere 50 years after the first road was built into the kloof, only 3 or 4 direct dedendants still live in the kloof !!!!

it took 15 to 20 years for the first kids to leave the kloof, it took one generation to "empty" the kloof !!

I do not see the "rural vilages" changing any quicker !!

That having been said, did you see the recent SARS tv advert ? The rural lady studying at university .... it has started ..... It may well take another 20+ years, but the process has started.

this thought pattern is based on a new generation that wants to study and improve themselves ...... we can only HOPE
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

I'm finding this very interesting in more ways than one, and appreciate the different view points and experience. Very thought provoking. I have always observed that no matter how fast we can advance with technology, very seldom does it factor in the human factor. You see it daily on the highways even with the so called educated people in expensive cars will all the bells and whistles, and the seat belt is "by-passed" and is going behind them or behind the seat :shock2: .
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Tumelo I want to believe that most of us are still primarily positive / hopefull ....

in the late 90's I looked at relocating away from SA. So I have gone through those thought processes, and DO understand why so many of my friends left ..... I may well regret not leaving, yet remain hopeful that SA will survive this transition phase .....

PS - the irony of Die Hel is that the "kids" left the idylic quiet life style for the rat race, made their money and are now retiring to the platteland ..... and so our idea of what is "good" change as we walk this road of life ....
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Tumelo I think there are many more people who are very disappointed with the anc than we think, they just to scared to admit it. But the wheel is turning. Like one politician once said, he said he likes Zuma because Zuma on his own is the anc's biggest enemy.

Here is another letter to think about:
Kenny Kunene’s letter to Zuma

June 21 2013 at 04:29am
By Kenny Kunene

President Jacob Zuma (pictured) has come under fire from businessman Kenny Kunene, who says the ANC is no longer the party of illustrious leaders like Oliver Tambo. File photo: Sizwe Ndingane

Dear President Jacob Zuma...

I'm writing this because I've never been more disappointed with the ANC you lead. I was once your fervent supporter, I attended some of those night vigils during your trials, and, like many, I believed you would be the force for change the youth and the poor desperately need in our country. Like many others, I donated to your cause when I was called on, and allowed my facilities to be used for ANC and Youth League meetings, sometimes for unusual meetings where your political comeback was planned.

You may wonder what qualifies me to make any kind of political comment. As everyone knows, I'm just a socialite and a businessman, but it's also no secret I am a hobbyhorse for politicians to ride whenever they want to criticise "crass materialism" and the decay of morals. It's true, I like to spend, and I'm not an angel, but unlike politicians I'm not spending taxpayers' money. My real point is that, as a socialite and a businessman, I meet many people, including politicians. When they speak to your face, Mr President, they tell you your imperial clothes are very stylish. When they talk to me, and feel they are safe from your army of spies, most of them admit that you, the emperor, have no clothes.

The Gupta issue alone should be the last straw for many South Africans. But the extent of how much the Gupta family controls you, and by implication this country, has not even begun to be understood. It's amazing how terrified most people in the ANC are to speak about this reality, because they truly fear you. Even if you're not in government, tenders are used to inspire fear among people of influence. Thank God my livelihood is not dependent on tenders. I'll save you the trouble of trying to find out if I have any tenders so you can cut me out of them. I don't have any.

You show no loyalty even to those who kept you out of prison. After the Shaiks and Julius Malema, the Guptas must know that you can drop them faster than they could drop your name. In your quest for self-preservation, you have become heartless.

The reason I supported you and your campaign is because you were marketed to us as someone who would unify us and get rid of the politics of fear, but today there's more fear and more division in the ANC than ever before. In public you smile and laugh, but in truth you behave like a monster, a tyrant who will target perceived enemies ruthlessly, and because of that fear few dare to speak openly. We'd have had yet another Cabinet reshuffle if your wings had not been clipped a little in Mangaung.

Of course, I am not so naive as to blame everything regrettable that happens in the ANC on you. But in my home province, the Free State, the premier, Ace Magushule, imitates your behaviour and even seems to be trying to outdo you in being entangled with the Guptas. He learnt it from you. He thinks its okay to blow R40-million (or R140-million, others say) on a website. It's not a great website either, by the way. When even your Kenny Kunenes start thinking a guy is wasting money shamelessly, you should know how bad it is. Of course, we'd all like to know where that money really went.

This is not what the ANC is or should be. We thought it was bad enough with the Shaiks - but who could have predicted your, and therefore our, wholesale nationalisation by the Guptas?

Even your immediate community, your neighbours in Nkandla, have to walk past your ridiculously overpriced palace donated to you by a once-unsuspecting public, knowing how you have your own private clinic they cannot use and their children must play in the dusty streets among the stones, while your compound has an astroturf sports field that cost the taxpayer R3.5-million and costs R100 000 a month to maintain. How is fake grass a part of security upgrades?

Everyone knows the Public Protector's report will find damning evidence of what went on there - but something must be said now already, in case you find a way to shut her up too.

It's no wonder the ANC lost the vote in Nkandla. If the people who know you best, the place you are from and where you occupy tribal land, do not trust you enough to vote for you, why should the rest of us?

This ANC is no longer the ANC of John Langa Dube, Oliver Tambo and other illustrious names. I'm also getting tired of hearing about how the ANC is bigger than any individual.

There are those who are stubbornly loyal to the ANC, as if it's some kind of marriage, who keep the faith that some day the party will return to its roots. But even if they're my friends, I can't enthusiastically join in with the declarations of those who say they will die in coffins wrapped in ANC colours, no matter what, as my former business partner Gayton McKenzie once said to me.

Mr President, I don't want to be one of those who tell you in fear that you have clothes on, when it's obvious you are completely exposed. I know the dogs will be set on me for saying this, but you have been naked for longer than most of us were willing to admit. And you're now stripping the ANC of the last shred of its integrity. The world laughs at us.

I love the ANC, or what it's supposed to be, but I don't love your ANC. For those of us who care, the question now is, as Vladimir Lenin asked: "What is to be done?" - The Star

* Kenny Kunene is a South African businessman. The views expressed here are not necessarily those of Independent Newspapers.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

We need another 20 million Kenny Kunene's!
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Mud Dog wrote:We need another 20 million Kenny Kunene's!
Then you will need 40 million models to eat sushi from :lol: He is just as croocked.

But on a serious note. I was in 2000 a product of AA.I left Telkom because of AA and I really hated the whole AA business.Now I can reflect and think it was the best thing I could have done going on my own.
Taking up Chris's post I know feel that AA was not ALL bad.What it did do was to grow the black middle class and I feel this will be the savior of our country.
On the other hand it is forcing the non AA candidate to start thinking outside the box.That can only make you stronger.
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

On the other hand it is forcing the non AA candidate to start thinking outside the box.That can only make you stronger.
Exactly, AA just mushroomed the non-AA entrepreneurial skills and small businesses. :thumbup:

To come back to Tumelo's first post, Donkey I think the anc actually caused harm to its own people the way they implemented the whole BEE thing. With all these promises and unfair advantages granted to the "previously disadvantaged individuals" (pdi) they generated a lazy nation who wants everything for free.

In SA we have three different pdi scenarios:
We had the "previous disadvantaged individuals" who many of them got jobs and tenders in unfair ways, based on skin colour and not on skills. 20 years later they still want to be pdi because that secure them jobs the easy way.
That caused the people who did have jobs to become "presently disadvantaged individuals" who were forced to start their own businesses
The fact that during the past 20 years some of the previously disadvantaged individuals learned that the way to get a job or tender is by fraud on or by skin colour (and not by hard work or skills) they never in 20 years learned the skills they need to secure a real job where they contribute to the company, that will turn them into "permanently disadvantaged individuals" because they will for ever sit and wait for government to provide.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
ForYota
Town: Gauteng
Vehicle: Sold my beloved Lux..

Post by ForYota »

george wrote:
Mud Dog wrote:We need another 20 million Kenny Kunene's!
Then you will need 40 million models to eat sushi from :lol: He is just as croocked.

But on a serious note. I was in 2000 a product of AA.I left Telkom because of AA and I really hated the whole AA business.Now I can reflect and think it was the best thing I could have done going on my own.
Taking up Chris's post I know feel that AA was not ALL bad.What it did do was to grow the black middle class and I feel this will be the savior of our country.
Hi George, ek sien ons sit min of meer in dieselfde lyn van werk.. Wat se besigheid doen jy deesdae? As ek die pos kry in P.E en later oorskuif na George, gaan dit ook in die telekomunikasie bedryf wees :thumbup:
ImageImageImageImage

If I can't go in my Hilux I ain't Going
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Hi George, ek sien ons sit min of meer in dieselfde lyn van werk.. Wat se besigheid doen jy deesdae? As ek die pos kry in P.E en later oorskuif na George, gaan dit ook in die telekomunikasie bedryf wees
Ek is klaar met die IT.Maak nou biltong :lol: My CV lees 'n bietjie rof :blink:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

This same article was debated on a talkshow this evening on radio, and it is sad how mighty they think they are and yes we need more people to actually start doing something about how they feel and then only we may make headway. Thanks for sharing Pieter.
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
isakpretorius
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by isakpretorius »

Thanks Tumelo