Top truck challenge 2013

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Top truck challenge 2013

Post by Hoppy »

Top truck challenge 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M3ZNxCiZOw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk0VMXasRMM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO-0qOGOsO8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Re: Top truck challenge 2013

Post by Hoppy »

Dis op my "bucket list"
aev@iburst.co.za
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Post by 4x4BEES »

:shock2: :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:
Ek kan nie glo wat daai voertuie kan doen nie.
Dit moet awesome wees.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Watched the whole series some time back, have it on disk. :thumbup: Awesome stuff, especially the rock climb (not the rock-squeeze) where the toy didn't do too bad .... pity he never faired too well with the rest of the challenge (underpowered by comparison to the rest, especially in the mud - wonder what motor he has in there, sounds like a four cylinder :eh: ).

Allan, I think there are at least two more clips that where posted to U-Tube. :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Mud Dog wrote:Watched the whole series some time back, have it on disk. :thumbup: Awesome stuff, especially the rock climb (not the rock-squeeze) where the toy didn't do too bad .... pity he never faired too well with the rest of the challenge (underpowered by comparison to the rest, especially in the mud - wonder what motor he has in there, sounds like a four cylinder:eh: ).

Allan, I think there are at least two more clips that where posted to U-Tube. :think:
http://www.fourwheeler.com/top-truck-ch ... ta-tacoma/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2.4 four cylinder.. Impressive... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

I see it's even got the std "W" type gearbox as used in the SFA and some petrol IFS with dual Hilux transfers.

Looks like Luxter is going to be upgraded, does anyone know of a few 44" tyres lying around?

Maybe the Hilux club can start an event like that in SA and invite those guys?
aev@iburst.co.za
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Impressive indeed! And that's running against motors literally twice the capacity and size with a stock gear box. (Did you notice the dual X-fer cases and diff ratios in the article? .... basically a case of revs to develop power.) Less likely to break drive-train components, and if memory serves, he had no drive-train issues, just a fuel pump electrical problem.

(Oops ... see Allan posted before me). :D:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

I've been using a "Crawler" transfer for the last 12 years, it changes the ratio from 2,2:1 to 5.0:1. It realy saves your drivetrain and your truck.
aev@iburst.co.za
BenRich
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4 BF Goodrich KM2 MT Old Man Emu Suspension, ONCA Rocksliders, Safari Snorkel, Stofpad Bashplate's National Luna Duel Battery System, Engel Fridge

Post by BenRich »

Very Cool!
Thanks for posting!

Return to “Open Discussion”