Please advise - on house legal issues

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Please advise - on house legal issues

Post by Donkey »

To cut a long story short, my divorce was granted about 4 yrs back, and ex-wife opted to buy me out, no issues there on my part. Her bond was approved but things have been stuck with the Deeds Office, as per the the lawyers office, for at least a better part of those 4 yrs. The lawyers tell me that they visit the Deeds Office every Tuesday to follow up on the matter without any success. I'm at my wits end as I'm not planning to rent all my life.

What else can one do to expedite the matter? Anyone had a similar experience? Please advise.
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Scott
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: Hilux SFA

Re: Please advise - on house legal issues

Post by Scott »

Tumelo I have been devourced and had issues call Neil get my number and I will give my 2C worth as I deal with law firms.
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Post by The Legend »

Tumelo

That is totally unacceptable.Find out what is the reason for the delay at the deeds office.Somebody is playing for time.
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
Oupa Stig
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesbug
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE 4X2 "Stagger Lee", Hilux IFS 2.7 4x4 "Loretta"

Post by Oupa Stig »

As far as I know Tumelo, the deeds office will not be at fault here. They have certain regulations and criteria that have to be met, and if those are met then they do their job quite quickly and efficiently. They are very strict about those regulations though, and it falls to the law firms that deal with them to comply with those regs. Thus, if there is a delay, it's more than likely from the lawyer's side, either incompetence (LLB's are not worth much these days), or deliberate. In either case you are entitled to better service. Simply tell the lawyers to complete the job, or you'll report them to the law society.
You can report a lawyer for being rude to you and they are forced to explain why they were rude to you to the law society (happened to Swambo's one boss).
Or simply set your own lawyer onto them.
As I say, 99% chance the issue is not in the deeds office, but rather with the scumbags. I mean lawyers.
I feel a lot less wise at 45 than I did at 15.
Oosie101
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: 2007 Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 AT
Club VHF Licence: X298

Post by Oosie101 »

4 years? No no no that sounds fishy... Would love to know the reason the attorneys give you for the delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear

Post by Donkey »

Thanks for your input guys, I think lemme start by going back to them and escalating this to the boss. Will keep you posted. After that, if no success, will explore your suggested options above. It's really frustrating and I have been patient as always.
Tumelo Maketekete
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

ImageImage
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Think Oupa Stig is onto the truth ....

The Deeds Offices get the COMPLETE set of documents from the lawyers - they either sign off or throw it back with a clear notice of what is outstanding.

Previous house we had sellers that played games and delayed the transfer - had some hard words with the lawyers ... they tried to say "but it has not been long.." .... made it CLEAR to them that it is already more than a month PAST the due date and that I WILL hold them accountable for all costs if they delay it any further - TWO DAYS later the deeds office had ALL the documents and the deal was signed off.

HOPE you get this sorted !!!

my GUESS - your house will end up being sold and you will get your half .....
Oupa Stig

Post by Oupa Stig »

Tumelo, walk into that lawyer's office and say: "Do you know who I am?"
Then throw a copy of your CAR article on his desk...

(Take a baseball bat with you, in case he laughs)
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

one further reflection ...

WHO appointed the lawyer, ie who will be paying the lawyer's fees ?? Which also dictates who the lawyer will receive instructions from ....

Tumelo is these are YOUR lawyers - kick their but !!

IF they are the ex's lawyers .... then things may get messy and you will probably end up needing some legal advise and assistance with this one .....
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

I would also check to see if you can claim occupational rental for the lapsed period .... I'm almost certain that you can. Then claim it in full including future occupational rental until transfer has gone through AND you have received your payout - if they are deliberately stalling, that will get them moving fast!
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Huismoeles
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: V8 Disco 1

Post by Huismoeles »

If the property is stil in your name u can go to the deeds office and find out what the hold up is u just needs the erf number

Somebody is not doing there job or playing for time
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

:aggresive: :aggresive: :aggresive:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
Pote
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Hartbeespoort
Vehicle: Fortuner D4d 4x4 & VW Passat
Club VHF Licence: X228

Post by Pote »

Hi Thumelo.

One of my friends work for a "Bond Attorneys". I could give them a call if you want to see what they can find out.

PM my your Id or erf No or something for them to trace it...
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Been so long I forgot it, will pop in by them next week and make a noise! and try and get the erf nommer :thumbup:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
Sebata
Town: Cosmo City
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds
Club VHF Licence: X125

Post by Sebata »

as far as the lodging & registration processes & deeds office, their TAT is minimum of 7 working days to maximum of 14 working days.

The above is solemnly dependable on whether all the boxes on the check list has been ticked & fulfilled,

if something is missing the matter will be thrown out & will need to be re-lodged,

the 4 yeas that you have alluded to, is exceptionally pathetic & as a paying client, i would suggest you get yourself a conveyancing attorney that will get your registration matters sorted within a month, provided all the required info are at hand.

good luck
Tau Sello
Sebata, Lion enjoys hunting with Hynas...
Oupa Stig

Post by Oupa Stig »

Swambo works in this line for an attorney. If your guys mess you around I'll put you on to them. (they are in Linden)
They are good. But, being attorneys, they'll charge you...
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Oupa Stig wrote:Swambo works in this line for an attorney. If your guys mess you around I'll put you on to them. (they are in Linden)
They are good. But, being attorneys, they'll charge you...
... Like raging bulls!! :lol:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Ok, made a turn at their office today. The bottle neck is not with deeds office but with Masters Office, who keep on losing documents. If I understood well, there's a stamp they are to attach to those documents, prior to them going to the Deeds Office. As she says it's something they have absolutely no control of, but are going there on a weekly basis to push them.

So ya...
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

bollllllliiiieeeeeee ......

Tumelo they are taking a FAT chance !!

one of two situations:

1) totally incompetent lawyers (but they only get paid when the deal goes through so dont think so)

2) the ex is stringing you along and delaying the sale .....
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Don't think ex is in the picture, more the laywers messing me up :aggresive:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

maybe one of the leagal guys can help - is there a place where one can report these lawyers to have their actions checked ??
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

ChrisF wrote:maybe one of the leagal guys can help - is there a place where one can report these lawyers to have their actions checked ??
Gauteng Law Society.

stumps
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Alberton
Vehicle: Toyota 4.0L D/C 4x4; Camil
Club VHF Licence: X225

Post by stumps »

Mud Dog wrote:
ChrisF wrote:maybe one of the leagal guys can help - is there a place where one can report these lawyers to have their actions checked ??
Gauteng Law Society.
As soon as you report the matter they only have certain amount of time to respond to the complaint. Report them it's the only way you will get them to jump.
2008 Hilux 4.0L 4x4 (Mufasa)
Toyota 4.0L D/C 4x4; Camil suspesion, Long Range tank, Kilber snorkel

1Co 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;

http://www.sandriver.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.travelconsortium.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oosie101
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: 2007 Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 AT
Club VHF Licence: X298

Post by Oosie101 »

Is the issue with the property transfer or the divorce documentation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Open Discussion”