Skyscraper built in 19 days

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Skyscraper built in 19 days

Post by pietpetoors »

A 57-story skyscraper is in its final stage in Changsha, capital of Central China’s Hunan province, Mar 17, 2015. With its steel frame structure standing tall, the building was finished in just 19 days with 1,200 workers working round-the-clock, said He Youxian, an executive overseeing the construction site. The building can withstand 9 magnitude earthquake.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2015 ... 840064.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Oupa Stig
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesbug
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE 4X2 "Stagger Lee", Hilux IFS 2.7 4x4 "Loretta"

Re: Skyscraper built in 19 days

Post by Oupa Stig »

Baie impressive. Hier sal dit 19 jaar vat. Maar ek wil nie die ou wees wat daai plek se snag-list gaan moet uitsort nie...
I feel a lot less wise at 45 than I did at 15.
legend35
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilux 2700i
Club VHF Licence: HC262

Post by legend35 »

Very Impressive. They are amazing in what they do.
2004 Hilux 2700i 4x4 Legend 35
ImageImageImageImage
Cowley branch and freeflow,long range tank,dual battery system,home made front and rear bumpers.
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

Baie impressive, maar ek het so idee dat moeder natuur se humorsin wel sal kyk of hy daai 9 sal kan vat.

Soos Mickey se, hierso sal dit heelwat langer vat, dis nou as almal hulle self nie verryk uit die begroting nie. :twisted:
Johan Marais
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Dis wat jy kan doen as niemand staak nie en as almal wil werk.

I would like to see what the project management looks like to manage 1200 workers and a project like this.
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Warrior
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Brackenfell Cape Town
Vehicle: 08 Vigo 4x4 d/c 4.0L auto
Club VHF Licence: X138

Post by Warrior »

Bitterlik indrukwekkend ! :wth:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

There's no way, not even with the best teams behind you that a project like that can be completed in real terms within even a six month period. The project management will in any event be a huge multi layered structure with numerous teams for each section that would already have started months in advance.

From the time the plans are submitted there will be weeks of meetings and planning after which material sourcing and numerous pre-fabrication projects will get going. Once they actually move onto site and start with the actual erection, most of the building will already be pre fabricated in bits and modules, waiting in readiness.

Even so, if everything that could be pre-fabbed was ready and every aspect of the construction was covered, and taking into account that there is a sliding scale of labour saturation, (you might only need a mere 100 workers on site at the start, but by the time the framework reaches the 4th or 5th level it could already be as high as 600), even so, it's still an awesome achievement to put it all together in 19 days! :thumbup:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Mikie
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kyalami
Vehicle: Hilux 2006 3.0D4D 2x4 DC

Post by Mikie »

Not sure I would trust that, How long will it stand?
Masekind
Town: Lichtenburg
Vehicle: 2005 Hilux 4x4 v6, LR tank, ARB Bumper. (iJzer)

Post by Masekind »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Dit wil gedoen wees
If you don’t build your dreams someone else will hire you to build there’s
ROOFER
Town: grassy park cape town
Vehicle: 99 s/c hilux 4x4 2.7i long range tank & dual battery; 2003 nissan x-TRAIL (4X4)

Post by ROOFER »

Sjoe it leaves a knot i my stomach lust thinking of the implications of such a project going wrong :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: and I am an optimist

I HAVE to agree with Mud Dog's sentiment on it .
That is IS quite a feat /achievement :thumbup: :thumbup:
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

I also think it was assembled maybe in 19 days but all the steel work was manufactured before the time. But even assembling something like that in such a short time is an achievement.
ROOFER
Town: grassy park cape town
Vehicle: 99 s/c hilux 4x4 2.7i long range tank & dual battery; 2003 nissan x-TRAIL (4X4)

Post by ROOFER »

Indeed !!!!! they say 19 days but they worked around the clock if I CHECK the post correctly But it is still very impresive :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

pietpetoors wrote:I also think it was assembled maybe in 19 days but all the steel work was manufactured before the time. But even assembling something like that in such a short time is an achievement.
Definitely! It's an outstanding achievement on so many levels.

Imagine alone the logistics of bringing the stuff to site timeously and in the order that it's required. Then there's the labour saturation aspect I mentioned ... too many okes get underfoot of each other and actually slow down the progress - having that all preplanned is one thing, but to implement it is another. Remember you're at the mercy of human error / absenteeism (for whatever reason) every step of the way. I'm sure they would have had contingencies of some sort in place. Consider also that in light of a project like this, 1200 workers is not a hell-of-a-lot. Then there's the accuracy in fabrication as well as fitting of all the components.

I seriously doubt an achievement like this could be replicated in most other parts of the world. Besides having the ability in place I think you would be slowed down by all the "red tape" issues, safety compliances and mandatory inspections along the way.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Another amazing achievement.
They did a bridge swap in 36 hours.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2015 ... 465871.htm
New bridge sections are moved slowly into position at Beijing's Sanyuanqiao junction on the 3rd Ring Road on Sunday. Replacement of the decaying bridge took only about 36 hours. Workers used global positioning systems, lasers and robots to replace old sections with prefabricated steel structures. Traffic flow resumed late on Sunday afternoon. [Photo/China Daily]

Workers on Sunday morning finished reinforcing an old pivotal cloverleaf junction in a downtown Beijing commercial zone using a new prefabricated steel structure.

The most challenging part of the overhaul, the replacement of the 1,300-tonne bridge structure, began at 11 pm Friday at the junction on the northeastern Third Ring Road.

Replacement of the bridge structure cost 39 million yuan ($6.1 million dollars), according to Xinhua.

The Sanyuanqiao cloverleaf junction is a major congestion point on a tollway to the airport. It also links two pivotal highways: the Third Ring Road and the highway linking downtown Beijing with the outlying Shunyi District.

Built in 1984, the bridge was in poor shape and needed reinforcement for safety reasons.
Their pictures are too large to link here, so check the pics at
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2015 ... 465871.htm
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

On the building - even with prefab, even with a conveyer belt installation ....

Foundations cant be dug in a day or two ....

Then the concrete in the foundations must SET before extreme loads are placed on it ..... its been proven many times over that concrete takes 21 days to reach full strength.

nee wat. daai lot sny hoeke, en waag mense se lewens !! Kyk mar na die hengse ontploffings en industriele brande wat hulle in die jaar gehad het - die waarvan ons gehoor het .....

hele paar insidente gewees die jaar waar grot vervaardigers aangevat is oor hoe die werkers in die fabrieke behandel word ... selfde ou storie wat elke paar maande sy kop uitsteek.
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Dis voorafvervaardigde staal brug. Hulle moes steeds die ou struktuur, nie seker of dit beton of staal was, verwyder en nuwes opsit en daarna die teerblad doen.
Johan Kriel
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Okahandja
Vehicle: 2.5 SC 4x4

Post by Johan Kriel »

Hoop daai chinese hat al die boute vas gedraai :shock2: . Beton kan in 7 dae die strekte bereik wat jy wil he, teen n koste.
Johan Kriel

Legend 50

Return to “Open Discussion”