Fastest Hilux in South Africa ???

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Dirka
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Doornpoort Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 4X4 Auto DC

Fastest Hilux in South Africa ???

Post by Dirka »

Article was posted on wheels24 2015-09-08 08:35 by Sean Parker.
The vehicle was developed by Toy SA racing. It has Lexus IS-F 5.0 litre V8 giving 335kW/600Nm.
Top speed claim is 235km/h.

Here is the link: http://www.wheels24.co.za/NewModels/Wha ... A-20150908

I don't know hey..what u guys and gals think??
I got arrested for driving naked. I guess I shouldn’t have put four wheels, an engine, and a steering wheel on my bathtub.
I’m a do-it-yourself kind of lover.
” ― J. Kintz
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Re: Fastest Hilux in South Africa ???

Post by ChrisF »

now THAT is living on the edge !!

Gotton close to that speed in a performance car .... and even then the handling is "twitchy" at best ....
Kaspaas
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Wellington
Vehicle: 1998 Land Cruiser 105series GX

Post by Kaspaas »

Great Hilux!!
:shock2:

Fastest I'm not so sure.

I know of a SWB 2.4D platkar Hilux that had a 2.7 Audi Quattro with a two stage Turbo strapped on, think it was the fastest Diesel for some time, clocking a sub 11 sec on the quarter mile??

Maybe someone can comment....
1998 Toyota land Cruiser 105 series. 4.2 D

"I am human, I make mistakes, and that is okay, I have my own permission."
Obelix and Dogmatix
Town: ROODEPOORT
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

Post by Obelix and Dogmatix »

Kaspaas wrote:Great Hilux!!

Fastest I'm not so sure.

I know of a SWB 2.4D platkar Hilux that had a 2.7 Audi Quattro with a two stage Turbo strapped on, think it was the fastest Diesel for some time, clocking a sub 11 sec on the quarter mile??

kaspaas now you are opening up the great debate at to what makes a Hilux a Hilux ie when finished modifying is it still a true hilux, did it come out of the factory with an Audi engine? etc etc etc, some people even argue that the Hilux used in the dakar is not a Hilux....... :surrender: :banned: :surrender: :banned: :surrender: :banned: :siffler: :siffler: :siffler: :subscribed: :subscribed: :subscribed:
Rules are there to make you think before you break them!!!
God made man before
woman so as to give him time
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
Kaspaas

Post by Kaspaas »

Obelix and Dogmatix wrote:
Kaspaas wrote:Great Hilux!!

Fastest I'm not so sure.

kaspaas now you are opening up the great debate at to what makes a Hilux a Hilux ie when finished modifying is it still a true hilux, did it come out of the factory with an Audi engine? etc etc etc, some people even argue that the Hilux used in the dakar is not a Hilux.......:surrender: :banned: :surrender: :banned: :surrender: :banned: :siffler: :siffler: :siffler: :subscribed: :subscribed: :subscribed:
But off coarse it's not a Hilux?? :twisted:

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Cobus IF that was a "real Hilux", then I would love to see a REAL Mini take it on in the dunes ..... :twisted: :twisted:
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Post by 4x4BEES »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
ThysdJ
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Look at the irony of it all.... They are celebrating Hilux by building a "non" Hilux...

By "non" Hilux I mean..
Non Hilux engine
Non Hilux differentials
Non Hilux brakes
Non Hilux suspension
Non Hilux seats
Non Hilux seatbelts
Non Hilux rims

The body is left over... and in the video they said they lowered it by 50mm because it is not going to be carrying any load. IOW the also gave it Non Hilux Load carrying capacity...

This is like celebrating the Melktert by building a "Non"Melktert... Keep the crust but fill it with a lemon meringue filling for extra tangy sweetness....

What put Hilux on the map? Durability, tough as nails, vattie kakkie, elke dag en 2 keer op sondag, klipharde werk, dirt under the fingernails, rough and ready, work horse, legendary reputation. Not coming 2nd in Dakar twice?? But they choose to celebrate the coming 2nd in Dakar, rather than the hard working legacy... :silent: :silent:

Maybe I am wrong... maybe everything is about looks nowadays..... maybe I should also invest in a "Raptor kit" for my Hilux.. :shock2: :shock2:

Hey, this is an impressive vehicle... but in no way does it embody Hilux over the last 45 years in SA for me...
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Kaspaas

Post by Kaspaas »

ThysdJ wrote:Look at the irony of it all.... They are celebrating Hilux by building a "non" Hilux...

By "non" Hilux I mean..
Non Hilux engine
Non Hilux differentials
Non Hilux brakes
Non Hilux suspension
Non Hilux seats
Non Hilux seatbelts
Non Hilux rims

The body is left over... and in the video they said they lowered it by 50mm because it is not going to be carrying any load. IOW the also gave it Non Hilux Load carrying capacity...

This is like celebrating the Melktert by building a "Non"Melktert... Keep the crust but fill it with a lemon meringue filling for extra tangy sweetness....

What put Hilux on the map? Durability, tough as nails, vattie kakkie, elke dag en 2 keer op sondag, klipharde werk, dirt under the fingernails, rough and ready, work horse, legendary reputation. Not coming 2nd in Dakar twice?? But they choose to celebrate the coming 2nd in Dakar, rather than the hard working legacy... :silent: :silent:

Maybe I am wrong... maybe everything is about looks nowadays..... maybe I should also invest in a "Raptor kit" for my Hilux.. :shock2: :shock2:

Hey, this is an impressive vehicle... but in no way does it embody Hilux over the last 45 years in SA for me...
Bekstil! Well said....
Dis hoekom daai 2.7 Diesel Hilux Quattro so 'n vinnige Hilux is Chris! :laugh2:

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

ThysdJ wrote:Look at the irony of it all.... They are celebrating Hilux by building a "non" Hilux...

By "non" Hilux I mean..
Non Hilux engine
Non Hilux differentials
Non Hilux brakes
Non Hilux suspension
Non Hilux seats
Non Hilux seatbelts
Non Hilux rims

Thys you miss out on one key ingredient ..... where is the hard working, dirt under the finger nail, kam in die lang kous, MANNE that drove those rugged Legend making bakkies ? Now it is metro-sexual, manicured and pedicured, gym-fit, remote operators, in their soft roaders .....
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Post by 4x4BEES »

ChrisF wrote:

By "non" Hilux I mean..
Non Hilux engine
Non Hilux differentials
Non Hilux brakes
Non Hilux suspension
Non Hilux seats
Non Hilux seatbelts
Non Hilux rims

Thys you miss out on one key ingredient ..... where is the hard working, dirt under the finger nail, kam in die lang kous, MANNE that drove those rugged Legend making bakkies ? Now it is metro-sexual, manicured and pedicured, gym-fit, remote operators, in their soft roaders .....
Ek is nie een van daai twee goed nie :blushing: :blushing:
Hoe nou?? :twisted: :twisted:
Pumba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC112

Post by Pumba »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

If you want a bullet , buy a platkar... :twisted: That said, it must be an fantastic vehicle to drive :drool: but I will stick to what I have thanks :thumbup:
Jesus was blunt: "No chance at all if you think you can pull it off by yourself. Every chance in the world if you let God do it." Mark 10:27(Message)

ThysdJ
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

ChrisF wrote:

By "non" Hilux I mean..
Non Hilux engine
Non Hilux differentials
Non Hilux brakes
Non Hilux suspension
Non Hilux seats
Non Hilux seatbelts
Non Hilux rims

No Chris, that is my exact point... That Hard Working Legend is what they are NOT celebrating...
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

At a price tag of R1 mil they can come learn from forum members how to do a Lexus conversion.

If a New Hilux cost R500k it means the conversion adds another R500k, most back yards will do it between R50k and R100k, add 100% because they are dealers you only get to R200k
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Last edited by ChrisF on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ismail
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux '03 2700i SC 4x4

Post by ismail »

whatever the tactics are, wouldnt mind that engine in my hilux!!!!

Imagine a SFA or IFS single cab sounding like that, now that would be "legendary"
'93 DC 2.2 4x4 33" BF KM2's 60mm lift, Fakawi Canvas Canopy. SOLD
'03 SC 2700i 4x4 32" BFG KM2, SAC stage 1, OME springs, Rancho 9000XL shocks, ARB, Escape Gear seatcovers - goes like a bomb!!!!!!!!!

I surf more than I work

Return to “Open Discussion”