Are you happy with Car Wash services

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
richard
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2000 Prado 3.4 V6 VX

Are you happy with Car Wash services

Post by richard »

i'm putting a general feeler out for your comments on car wash shops.

i have taken my hilux to a few different shops in the Cape area and have the same negative point from all of them :thumbdown: the undercarriage is never cleaned!

i know its hard to get under there but most dont even attempt to try even after i have asked and told them where to spray!

So let me know your experiences and comments.
klippe
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Bronkhorstspruit
Vehicle: 2.5 D4D SRX 4x2

Re: Are you happy with Car Wash services

Post by klippe »

Richard

I am a carwash owner and believe me cleaning a undercarrage is one of the most difficult things to do. Even for me it is frustrating.There is so many corners and bends and holes there and the more you spray the more dirt creeps out. If ever you want to clean off mud from the undercarrage the fastest way is to stop your Hilux on the lawn and pop one of thos pyramid sprayers under the Hilux and open the tap full blast until the water that drips of is clean. Try that and see if you are happy with the results

The personell at any carwash is afraid to get underneath your vehicle and get wet and full of dirt, and many of the places have insuffiecient ramps to get the vehicle high enough to really work with eaze.

You are more than welcome to come visit us in Gauteng, I am sure we will do a better job
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

Hi Richard,

I think in general the undercarrige is a "problem" at carwash services, however there is people that do try and clean the visible dirt from your vehicle.

I used to use the Sasol garage just opposite Cape gate shopping centre to keep my Hilux clean and the used to wash the suspension and under carrige but never crept under it to clean it. However for R65 per wash she always used to look good after the wash and most of the times the under carrige was washed by myself after returning form a trip, like Gerhard said, over the sprinkler.
Johan Marais
richard
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Vehicle: 2000 Prado 3.4 V6 VX

Post by richard »

Thanks Gerhard and Johan.

i do understand that staff dont want to get under the bakkie and covered in mud etc., i wouldnt either! So next item on the shopping list is a powerful spinning sprinkler...saves me standing there watering the grass like a tool! :lol:

Johan, i live across the road from the Sasol at Cape Gate and have also been to their carwash. Must say i was also happy with the clean, shiny lux.
Scooter
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: JHB
Vehicle: '94 Raider, '05 Vigo 4.0 v6

Post by Scooter »

We used to have a car wash that would clean the undercarriage and then the AA took over their lift so no more washes there.

So now after a trip I get underneath with a high pressure washer and clean out as much as I can then take it up the road for the rest to be washed. :D
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."
Niel
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Scooter wrote:So now after a trip I get underneath with a high pressure washer and clean out as much as I can then take it up the road for the rest to be washed
ditto
Piesang
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: '99 Hilux SRX d/c 4x4

Post by Piesang »

Miskien kan Gerhard my antwoord, ek weet nie of dit daar by hulle ook so is nie. :think: :think:

My bakkie het altyd deur gegaan as bakkie by die betaal van die was, maar skielik wil hulle weet of dit 'n 4x4 is en dan betaal ek meer en soos jul hier bespreek het word die 4x4 gedeelte nie gewas nie. Wat maak die verskul in prys :?: :?:

Ek spuit ook self my bakkie skoon na ek in die berg en veld was, daar kom party slap karre aan wat baie vuiler is as my bakkie as ek daar stop.

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

There's nothing wrong with my car wash service... she even washes the kids and cooks supper when she's done! :twisted:

Only problem is I never stop paying... :lol: NEVER... :shock:
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Dadz Toy was eventually banned from all of our surrounding car washes with the usual lame excuses of

"she's too heavy" for the conveyor system or "the tyres are too wide" or the "roof rack" jams the top roller brushes :roll: :roll:

Shame cos my kids loved going to the carwash :(

Alas we bought a Karcher and now my Co-Pilot and I get lekker wet and soapy every weekend :wink:
klippe
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by klippe »

Pieter

Dit vat langer om 'n voertuig wat vol modder is te was maar as jy hom skoon spuit voor jy hom vat is daar geen rede hoekom hulle jou meer behoort te vra nie.By ons is daar net verskil tussen pryse op double cabs en single cabs.En dit maak geen verskil of die voertuig vol modder is of nie.
Dadz Toy was eventually banned from all of our surrounding car washes with the usual lame excuses of

"she's too heavy" for the conveyor system or "the tyres are too wide" or the "roof rack" jams the top roller brushes
Wat betref die Hilux wat te groot is of te swaar is dink ek hulle voel net geintimideerd ( Veels geluk!!!!!)
By ons word die voertuig eers behoorlik afgespuit en dan word hy met die hand gewas en weer afgespuit voordat hy afgedroog word en binne skoongemaak word.Daar is geen ander outomatiese wassers nie, volgens my was hulle elk geval nie behoorlik skoon nie.
2.8 d/cab SFA
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

Hurricane Jade
Cnr North Rand & Maria Streets
Boksburg
http://www.hurricanecarwash.co.za/contacts.html
Contact Stephen 082-464-7911

They clean car sills, so with the hilux it get underneath as it is much higher. The one in Boksburg really cleans well. The even washed the back inside the canopy. They washed with soap and dryed, not just spray. They also clean your air vents etc.

:thumbup: very happy, and they are 24 hours
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage
Piesang
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: '99 Hilux SRX d/c 4x4

Post by Piesang »

Daar is geen ander outomatiese wassers nie, volgens my was hulle elk geval nie behoorlik skoon nie.
Ek stem hul was nie behoorlik nie.

Ek het my bantam so paarjaar terug na die wasser by N1 stad geneem en hy het vuil daar uitgekom en toe ek kla het hul gesê hul kan nie waarborg dat die kar skoon anderkant uitkom nie en dit was nie eers die werker wat so gesê het nie dit was die eienaar!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
klippe
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by klippe »

John

I had a look on the hurricane website and must say it looks flippen impressive.I am definatly going to try it out when I am in the area again.It makes my carwash look very plain and primative. I want to have one of those!!!!! :mrgreen: Anyone that want to buy a carwash can just contact me (it may be primetave but it works) :thumbup:
Veritas
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Lutzville
Vehicle: 2001 Toyota Hilux 2.7D/K

Post by Veritas »

Richard,

Hoop dit gaan goed met jou, as ek in diep Kaap is vat ek my bakkie altyd na Cape Gate, onder by die parkeerarea, daai ouens ken hulle storie, nie te duur nie, maar hulle job is uitstekend :thumbup:
For yesterday is gone,
Tomorrow may not come,
For this moment is our once in a lifetime!!!

http://www.4w4j.co.za

Return to “Open Discussion”