DASTEK or SAC

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
willemenlsin
Town: Stoffberg
Vehicle: Toyota

DASTEK or SAC

Post by willemenlsin »

Hi guys.

Hope you can help me on soome info.

If I want to do a conversion on a 2.7 2005 model (legend), what conversion and what is the outputt and fuel consumption differance ?

Thanx
3RZ
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2004 Legend 35 Hilux 2.7 DC 4x4

Re: DASTEK or SAC

Post by 3RZ »

Freeflow with modified twin downpipes (seconderies) from the flange where the primaries join, with a chip. This will give you the best value for money. The fuel consumption difference will depend on where you have the chip mapped. Mine was getting 6.2Km/L standard and the same after SAC and Dastek mapped it, after Schalk (Dynologix) mapped it I am consistantly getting better than 7.2Km/L in town. I used to battle to get 320Km on three quarters of a tank, this morning when I drove into the parking at work the odo was standing on 420Km on three quarters of tank - and I am not trying to win the economy run. Power wise you are looking at between 10-20Kw's increase (depending on the state current state of tune etc)but the driveability is a lott better.

I also did the following and it seems to be working:

Insulated the Air Intake Temp Sensor as it is located quite close to the exhaust manifold.

Threw out the intake resonator box and replaced it with a straight pipe - the part going over the intake into the throttle body.

Bypassed the trottle body coolant pipe so that coolant doesn't go through the trottle body anymore and doesn't heat up the throttle body. This feature is only needed in the colder climates.

Removed the elbow from the airbox going into the fender - less restrictive but not so good for water crossings, but then again I don't like deep water crossings - that's what boats are for.

(My 2.7's head is flowed, cams done, branch, freeflow & chip)Doing the head gets expensive.

You are welcome to phone me if you need more info.

Return to “Open Discussion”