My Goodbye

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

My Goodbye

Post by JohanM »

Today, I have realised that as much as I wanted to a live my dream it has been shattered, due to a lot of things that has gone wrong that I could not fix or alter. Thus I had pray that it changed but it did not. Now, I have so to say lost a lot of things, which amounts to almost everything I had. I did not want to face my fears but it has now put me in such a position that I cannot live my dream anymore.

I hereby say goodbye to all the people here, as I might have to sell my SFA as well, only time will tell. Due to all the factors that has gone wrong and the effect it had, I would not be able to join in on the fun trips anymore or socials, as I do not know where all this will lead me.

TO every member here, thank you for the time I has known you, but time has come that I have to try and rescue my SFA, and then start from scratch again.

I will be looking in on you guys, and all the fun, so please keep the pictures posted.

Keep well and enjoy 4x4 ing....
Johan Marais
Buff
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: D-4D Hilux Raider 4x4

Re: My Goodbye

Post by Buff »

Hi Johan,

I don't know you at all but I don't like to see a man down on his hands and knees unless he's praying to God. It sounds like you've been having a hard time of it lately and need a helping hand to get you back on your feet. Besides praying for you, is there any way which we as members of this forum can help you?

Cheers
Brett
Hilux 2.7 Raider D/Cab 4x4
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Hey Johan, where do you think you're going! You stay put, Boet, no matter what, you are still a member here. With or without an SFA, you will always be. As Buff said, no man should have to be on his knees unless he's praying, which I'm sure most members will join in and do for you anyway. (I've just done so now, and will continue to do so).

Most of us will not know your personal circumstances, but the first step to regaining your feet is to recognise and accept the extent of the problem, (which it seems you have done), and then to formulate a strategy to pull you through. Hopefully that will not mean selling the Lux, but you will know if it has to be. You can always get another one once you've pulled through this trying time, and you will.

As Buff suggested, there must be some way to help you achieve this. Perhaps an account can be set up for this end where we can deposit "helping hands". I believe you to be a modest and humble man, so don't be too proud to accept help.

Mods / Administrators, anything we can do? Please!
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Johan, like the others have said, you are a member here, come what may. Hilux's might come and go, but this happens to us all at some time or the other. Time is a great healer, and you will indeed bounce back again, most probably stronger than ever before. I know I did, I've been there and I've done that, and I'm a wiser person for the experience. Stay with us, boet!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Johan, this is not goodbye... rather a call for pray... and I for one will pray... please PM me with a bit more info like personal, relationship, finance, work... the believers on this forum will lift you in pray!

6 months ago I too was in a difficult spot, not work wise... but emotionally stressed and depressed... God saw me through it... he will do the same for you!

Anyways you can't not be a member here... impossible...

B
Clarence
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: Pipe Car

Post by Clarence »

Life is a challenge. I dont think it is your goodbye but rather hello . I was a single parent of 3 kids being 4 years and oldest 8 . 4 Years ago i met my perfect partner and have not looked back.
Niel
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Johan, ek weet die dinge lyk donker op die oomblik maar hou moed ou maat. Kontak my asb want ek het jou nommer verloor (lang storie).
Tweetjie
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Knysna
Vehicle: Original 1989 Hilux D/C 2.2l Petrol

Post by Tweetjie »

Hi Johan, we would all like to help a man who has the guts to say he is in trouble. Dont stress too much about selling the the Lux...if thats what you need to do, then do it...there will be another Lux in the near future when you are ready. Keep chin up buddy! :thumbup:
wim
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Vryheid
Vehicle: 95 hilux d/c Hilex

Post by wim »

Johan daar kom n wintertyd in almal se lewe en weet net dat daar ook weer n somer gaan wees.Onthou die beste dinge in God se winkel is op die onderste rak,mens moet op jou knee gaan om dit te kry.Ook ek sal vir jou n gebed se.
ImageImageImage
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Keep chin up buddy!
There's more to "keeping the chin up" than attitude (which on it's own is important, because attitude determines the nature of the action and so determines outcome), but keeping the "chin up" also would suggest that you're looking in the right direction (skywards).

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Johan

Jislaaik Chom ek het jou juis Donderdag gebel omdat ek in my gees gevoel het dat jy swaer kry maar ek het nie besef dinge gaan so sleg nie. Toe ek hoor jy is in Parys het ek effe meer gerus gevoel want ek het geweet jy het die ondersteuning van jou familie daar. Ons moet plan maak en by mekaar uitkom voor ek Kaap toe vlieg Woensdag. Kom jy nog vandag Pretoria toe? Laat weet my dat ons kan plan maak.
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

Dankie aan almal vir die motiverende woorde. Dit help om te weet dat daar nog ander is wat bereid is om te lei en aanmoediging te gee.

Bennie, ek sou dit nooit gese het nie, maar ek die die boek "the shack" gelees en dit het my basies diep binne in gebreek, en toe laat val ek my gesig, en nou weet almal. Ja ek kom vandag huistoe, sal seker so van 14h30 se kant daar wees.

EK sal baklei om my SFA te hou omdat dit die enigste ding is wat myne ooit was, so ek sal nie sommer dit laat gaan nie, maar verder sal ek maar chin up, knees down en sterk staan en kyk wat kom uit die ding uit.

Die wat wil help, kan my PM omrede ek voel dit elkeen se eie besluit is om uit te reik op sy manier na iemand anders. Ek is bereid om te werk vir iets, so moet nie huiwer om my te vra nie.
Johan Marais
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Kan ek voor op die wa wees? Johan ek wil jou nie op die spot sit nie maar ek weet jy sal my nie kwalik neem nie, ons is mos almal een groot family hierso.

Mense Johan is onlangs retrench en is ongelukkig op die bedreigde spesie lys as dit kom by werk soek i.e. "white male", so as enige iemand van iets weet hier in PTA of Johan kan uithelp al is dit net tydelik sal ons almal dit hoogs waardeer.
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Howzit Johan

At the MMC 09 Angus asked us all the men to lay down their pride and put themselves on the line.

he asked men to stand up if they were battling with deppression, anxiety, stress and desperation in these uncertain times :shock:

Immediately the bravest rose to their feet, then followed more..... and more, eventually there stood 10's of thousands of men, probably 75% of the attendees were eventually on their feet. :shock: :o:

His message was simple and that is that it's a battle out there, the world is a tough place to be right now but remember you're not alone, we must just stop trying to do it all ourselves and remember that we are Men of Promise

the Lord Promised that he would never forsake us, we must just trust in him 100%.

Have faith brother :wink:

R
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

the Lord Promised that He would never forsake us, we must just trust in Him 100%.
True, and sometimes He needs our hands to do His work.

LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

Hallo Johan.

Byt net vas! Onthou "goodbye" is nooit finaal. Ek hou my ore oop vir jou vir werk.

Sterkte,
Louis

Return to “Open Discussion”