Planning a Transkei trip

Need some information for an upcoming trip or have questions about a camping site, etc, ask it here.
FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Planning a Transkei trip

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Hi guys,Haboob and I are planning a weekend trip from Keimouth to Cebe in a few weeks time.I have travelled the route many times ,years ago, and I know the area quite well.I have have heard conflicting stories about the route regarding travelling near the coast.I fully understand the beach driving ban and will keep well away from the shoreline.Has anyone travelled this route recently ? ,who can advise us on the route and the attitude of the authorities and locals.We dont want to upset anyone and also want to keep it legal.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Planning a Transkei trip

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Tony. Last time I did it was a few years back and we still had to go on the beach for a short section near Trennery's, but I've since heard that there is now a 'bypass' track, and that there are no longer any beach sections. Haven't heard of any problems with locals (other than the usual not to leave your gear unattended).

If I hear any more I'll let you know. Enjoy it! Lekker 'unspoiled' countryside. :thumbup:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
FIRSTGEER
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Thanks Andy.Excuse my manners.I forgot to invite you and any other members to join us on the weekend 23,24 and 25 Sept 2011.Contact me or Haboob for details.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Thanks for the invite Tony. Would like to go back up that way again, but will depend a lot on Swambo .... her leg problem makes camping difficult for her, but my gear and Lux are ready. :D: What time are you guys planning to leave on the Friday?

P.S. Post a few more details ... itinerary, camping facilities (ablutions and the like), costs etc. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “Route Planning questions/discussions”