Port Alfred

Need some information for an upcoming trip or have questions about a camping site, etc, ask it here.
Sebata
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cosmo City
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds
Club VHF Licence: X125

Port Alfred

Post by Sebata »

The lion man will be down in Port Alfred from the 13-18, please advice on stuff to do/sight seeing which are platcar friendly because lux will be left behind, lazy to drive 1050 kms alone :mrgreen: everybody kept on telling to go away for a me time after last years trauma with wifey :angel: :( , will be flying to East London on Friday morning, might even have brekie with Andy :twisted: , get a rental car & will be on my way :dance1:
Tau Sello
Sebata, Lion enjoys hunting with Hynas...
ROBERT
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2002 D/C KZTE 4x4

Re: Port Alfred

Post by ROBERT »

theres plenty you caqn do in PA thats platkar friendly. if it hasnt beren raining much most of the dirt roads are also not bad.
theres fish river lighthouse tours (30kms from Pa on the East london road), theres a couple of game reserves in the area. you can drive to alexandria and go to the woody cape section of Addo.
You can go drink a beer in the oldest licenced pub in the land (Pig and whistle in Bathurst 10km's out of PA) in bathurst theres also the big pineapple as well as some beautiful old churches and such built by the 1820 settlers. if you are into fishing, the boat hire in port alfred is also fairly reasonable. hope this helps. :wink2:
Sebata
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds

Post by Sebata »

Thanx Robert....... I will surely not miss the opportunity to drink in the oldest pub :beach: :thumbup:
Tau Sello
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Brekkie sounds good! :D: As Robert said, there are plenty little outings in and around Port Alfred, you can also ask at the place where you will be staying. It's a tranquil town, which is what I suspect you're looking for. (Just don't spend all your time at the Royal Alfred Marina! :twisted: :lol: )
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Sebata

Post by Sebata »

What might be lying there that u tying to hide... :twisted: :twisted:
Tau Sello
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Sebata wrote:What might be lying there that u tying to hide... :twisted: :twisted:
Nothing ..... just trying to keep you out of the watering holes! :lol: Rather go for walks on the beach! :laugh2: ;-)

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Some years ago we camped at some fishing shacks at Port Alfred. Towed my boat all the way from Klerkies to PA and the very next morning, bright & early, it was off to the river where we would launch the boat. That is where i learned that fresh water is capable of making the most slippery slime imaginable, as I slipped on the concrete slipway, twisting in mid-air so as not to land on my stomach and burst open the stitches where just three weeks earlier the docs had removed my burst appendix. I fell heavily on my side, on my arm, and suffered three broken ribs which did not make for a particularly enjoyable holiday. Eina cannot begin to describe the pain endured by bust ribs, especially when you cough, you sneeze, you try and get up off a chair or bed, or even try change a shirt...! ;)

My one & only time in Port Alfred!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Family_Dog wrote:Some years ago we camped at some fishing shacks at Port Alfred. Towed my boat all the way from Klerkies to PA and the very next morning, bright & early, it was off to the river where we would launch the boat. That is where i learned that fresh water is capable of making the most slippery slime imaginable, as I slipped on the concrete slipway, twisting in mid-air so as not to land on my stomach and burst open the stitches where just three weeks earlier the docs had removed my burst appendix. I fell heavily on my side, on my arm, and suffered three broken ribs which did not make for a particularly enjoyable holiday. Eina cannot begin to describe the pain endured by bust ribs, especially when you cough, you sneeze, you try and get up off a chair or bed, or even try change a shirt...! ;)

-F_D
You'll have to visit again to rectify the bad experience! :D:

Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Family_Dog wrote:Some years ago we camped at some fishing shacks at Port Alfred. Towed my boat all the way from Klerkies to PA and the very next morning, bright & early, it was off to the river where we would launch the boat. That is where i learned that fresh water is capable of making the most slippery slime imaginable, as I slipped on the concrete slipway, twisting in mid-air so as not to land on my stomach and burst open the stitches where just three weeks earlier the docs had removed my burst appendix. I fell heavily on my side, on my arm, and suffered three broken ribs which did not make for a particularly enjoyable holiday. Eina cannot begin to describe the pain endured by bust ribs, especially when you cough, you sneeze, you try and get up off a chair or bed, or even try change a shirt...! ;)

-F_D
And as Murphy would have it, it is in such situations you feel more urge to sneeze, laugh, cough, and everything else. :shock2:
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

And as Murphy would have it, it is in such situations you feel more urge to sneeze, laugh, cough, and everything else. :shock2:
You'd better believe it! Every time you laugh, you feel like crying! And other people take advantage of this situation and start rolling with the jokes ;D ;D ;D

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Much like having a cough and a runny tummy at the same time :shock2: :mocking:
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage

Return to “Route Planning questions/discussions”