Trekoskraal camping

Need some information for an upcoming trip or have questions about a camping site, etc, ask it here.
Jinglis
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7i

Trekoskraal camping

Post by Jinglis »

Hiya all

I need some help. I would like to go camping at Trekoskraal but i'm a stickler for rules (especially if they have shotguns :surrender: ). I have been told that I would need to contact the farmer to get permission to camp there. Does anybody have this farmers name and number??
I have heard that people just go and camp there but this doesn't sound right or legal. Please help.
Polarbear2008
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Vehicle: 01 Hilux Kz-te 4x4 Raider d/c
Club VHF Licence: X49

Re: Trekoskraal camping

Post by Polarbear2008 »

WE have camped there on our own and with the Hilux4x4 forum, and AFAIK there has never been issues where someone needs calling or such (unless I am unaware of something!).

I do know that it is a wonderful piece of what is left of the West coast that has not been attacked by a developer of some sort.
01 Hilux 3.0L KZ-TE 4x4 Raider d/c
GME Gx300 29meg & Vertex VX2200 VHF radio
Mikem load springs with greasable shackles and polybushes
Monroe Gas Magnum shocks
Kumho Road Venture AT - 30x9.5x15
National Luna Dual battery system
Frontrunner roofrack with s/steel table
Twin rear high lift jack points
Hilux4x4club sticker! ('nuf said!)
Echo3 4x4 offroad trailer with NL 74 Litre Fridge/Freezer
Dual loadbox slides
Wishlist:
Alu canopy
Warn Winch
Unlimited Fuel & Travel Budget!
Rooies
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Strand
Vehicle: 1994 2.4i (22RE) D/C Raider 4X4

Post by Rooies »

We have been going there regularly and never had anyone approach us. I am sure if you behave and clean up after yourself, you should have any problems.
Remember the beach line is public property and does not belong to the farmer. Just a pity I always take home rubbish of the 3 families that camped there
before us. It is shocking to see in what state people leave the sites when they go home.
ROOIES: 1994 2.4i (22RE) Raider D/C - 200 000kms - Brospeed Branch & Powerflow Exhaust
MIKEM Suspension & Gabriel Safari Shocks - "31 BF Goodrich AT - GOMAD Aluminium Canopy
Melvill & Moon Seat Covers - Safari Snorkel - Bushwakka Weekender Offroad Trailer

Jinglis
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7i

Post by Jinglis »

Thanks guys. I also have this habit of cleaning up other peoples junk. I stayed at a 5 star resort on an island in Moz and when I asked for a black rubbish bag they looked at me like I was nuts. They even offered to send someone with me to carry the bag :lol:

Return to “Route Planning questions/discussions”