Looking for something? Ask for it here.
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: NISSAN Patrol & Nissan Safari & Jimny

Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:23 pm

Hi gents
As some of you may know, LOBO has clocked over 1,300,000 Km and the old mans suspension is not so goodie goos any more.
His "re-make" left the purse a bit flat SO oompie is asking for a set of used suspension blade [Front and rear] that someone maybe has or knows about [SFA Hi-Lux or Cruiser] off a vehicle that was upgraded to Emo's or some such
LOBO is a 1981 Datsun Safari .. not sure if the Hi-Lux blades will fit but I am willing to give it a try ..

Contact me on 0840848755 plse [if no reply (ek loop baie rond buite landsgrense), please TEXT or Whatsapp me.. your info I will call back

Thanx manne
Outreach2Africa - In support of Missionaries of Africa: Helping God's children doing God's work.
on't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:24 am

I have an old set of standard rear SFA blades that you would be welcome to if they would fit and if you can arrange transport. They would need a little TLC and also have to be re-bushed in any event (your pin diameter might not be the same as the Toyota one's).

Unfortunately not OME and I would also have to wonder about whether they will fit. Length and width of the spring pack are important ..... if they are narrower or wider than yours would result in them 'floating' along the pins or distorting the hanger / shackles respectively. The length will allowed the shackles to invert if too short and choke travel if too long.

The width is easy to measure, just measure the width of the top blade at the shackle where it's easy to get to. The length would be easier to check if you just measured from the centre of the hanger pin (at the chassis in front of the leaf pack) to the centre of the shackle hanger pin (in the chassis rail at the rear of the leaf pack.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:01 am

If the width is the same you can use the Safari one at top where it connects to the hanger and put the Hilux ones at the bottom.
My Safari Jeep had only two blades at the rear when I got it and I added blades from an old Land Rover series 2 to the pack at the bottom. They were same width and it worked well.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots

Tim86
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:40 am

Mac, I happened to be chatting to a technician at 4x4 Megaworld here in CT and he informed me that they generally turf the old leaves when fitting new OME's onto customers vehicles - maybe give them or a similar establishment a ring and see if they have a few old packs lying around.

niclemaitre
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 87 DC 2.8D

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:00 am

Later this year I am going to replace the rear springs on my SFA. You'd be welcome to have them
Happy trails
Nic

SFA '97 DC affirmatively shopped
SFA '87 DC "Rooies"

Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: NISSAN Patrol & Nissan Safari & Jimny

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Thanx million Guys .. Busy looking at possibility to change over to COIL springs but will in the mean time get those measurements first
Baie dankie
Outreach2Africa - In support of Missionaries of Africa: Helping God's children doing God's work.
on't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!

Return to “Wanted”

• Information