chipbox
Commercial Member
Commercial Member
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: HILUX 3.0 D4D LEGEND 45

CHIPBOX performance module for your Hilux-Fortuner

Post by chipbox »

Hi Guys
Want more power for your Hilux-Fortuner, then look no further. Chipbox has an amazing "Plug 'n Play" unit that simply plugs into your engine ( with Toyota specific plugs, no cutting of wiring). These units are available for most turbo diesel Toyota cars. Installation time takes from 5 to 30 minutes (depending on the vehicle) and you're on your way.
Visit our website and look at the amazing gains. A 3.0 D-4D 120KW for example, within 5 minutes, you're up to 134KW and torque from 343Nm to 385Nm.
The unit carries a 3-year guarantee and is made 100% in Italy.
Whats more, you have the ability of getting a full refund within 30 days should you for any reason be unhappy with the product ( something that hasn't happened yet). You are sure that we'll put a smile on your face :thumbup: . Prices start from as little as R 3600.00
Should your vehicle still be under warranty, you simply unplug it before taking it in for a service.
Visit our website http://www.chipbox.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or give us a call on 012 743 5557.
[/color]
Last edited by chipbox on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Re: CHIPBOX performance module for your Fortuner

Post by ToyX4 »

So, how do you make this extra power? Extra fuel? More boost?
Please tell more
ImageImage
chipbox
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Post by chipbox »

We increase the fuel. Your car becomes far more drivable and more responsive.
Please send me an e mail at info@chipbox.co.za and I will send you the Dyno graph.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

John, is there a significant difference to your product compared to the other products on the market currently?
chipbox
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Post by chipbox »

I do not like comparing our product to others as I cannot comment on them. It would be silly of me as I cannot know every product on the market.
What I can tell you is this: I do not think you will find another product that can simply plug into your existing Toyota harness in a few minutes ( 10 minutes in a Hilux, 30 minutes in a Fortuner, depending in which ECU you have), costs between R 3595.00 and R 4495.00 (vat included) and will increase your power (Hilux 3.0 D-4D) from 120-134KW and 343-385Nm!
The unit can also be simply unplugged should you wish to making it totally undetectable!
However, you should not look at the power gains nor listen to my sales talk. We put smiles on many people's faces daily! :thumbup: That is why we have the confidence to offer a 30-day money back guarantee should you be in any way dissatisfied with the product.
I am also available on info@chipbox.co.za should you wish to have any further information, although most can be found on our website http://www.chipbox.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We map and have units for over 800 vehicles! The unit is 100% made in Italy and carries TUV certification. If you have a friend in Pretoria, I would be happy to meet up with him and do a demo. He can then give you feedback. ( I am not quite sure where you are)
Michaeljoh
Town: Paulpietersburg
Vehicle: 3.0 d4d hilux, Prado 4.0VX, Land Cruiser 79 4.2D

Re: CHIPBOX performance module for your Hilux-Fortuner

Post by Michaeljoh »

More fuel = overfuelling = more power = higher egt temperatures = burning holes through your pistons. It happend to my mates Prado. Don't tow heavy things with your chipped vehicles, only normal driving.
AM Racing
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: East London
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Post by AM Racing »

Thats why it is recommended to change the exhaust when doing the chip. It reduces back pressure significantly thereby reducing egt.
ImageImageImage
chipbox
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Post by chipbox »

Hi
Don't you think its a bit of a generalization " it happened to my buddy".
I cannot agree with your statement at all! ALL our setting are done within safety parameters. To date we have not experienced such an occurence. Especially been a diesel engine, it is HIGHLY unlikely this can occur.

CHIPBOX has been installed in thousands of vehicles worldwide and we have sincerely not experienced such a problem.
AM Racing

Post by AM Racing »

There are many variables that would determine whether an engine self destructs or not.

1. Faulty injectors
2. Dirty air filter
3. THE TUNER
4. Exhaust system
5. Fuel
6. Service history

Its also important to note that there are different products out there, some better than others. Your Plug 'n Play systems are generally more generic developed from a base and set within certain parameters as mentioned previously. These are basically safer not wringing every last kw out of it. The systems that are installed and then tuned for best case scenario can go the other way if the tuner is a bit "happy". Not many tuners tune monitoring egt's only AFR. A diesel is all about egt. You can throw a serious anmount of diesel in the fueling and it WILL burn it all. Have you seen those Yankee tractors in the tractor pull competions where the exhaust is bellowing plumes of black smoke???
ImageImageImage
Pebble
Vehicle: Nissan Navara

Post by Pebble »

There are many of these type of units on the market! One must just investigate where it is manufactured, what type of technology is used and also what the reviews on the product is. We installed a similar type of unit in our 2.5dCi Nissan Navara. Standard it is 128kW and 403Nm, and after the chip it makes 166kW and 497Nm (Now thats something you can feal - immediately)! We had absolutely no problems with the engine, had the chip in for an odd +70 000km. Then sold the diesel for the 4.0l V6. The Hilux/Fortuner chip does the following: Standard 120kW and 343Nm. After the chip 155kW and 429Nm. This is also quite a huge difference, and as we could feal the turbo lag to be much less (Navara has quite a bit of turbo lag) it really is very conveniant. So I am certain the Hilux turbo lag will also not be AS prominent. Remember todays modern vehicles are built with way more advance technology, so with these plug and play systems it is very difficult to harm the engine as the ECU stays untouched and all the safety parameters are in place, so that no damage will happen to the engine.
AM Racing

Post by AM Racing »

What were the gains on the 2.5 D4D? And what is the current pricing on the unit?
ImageImageImage
chipbox
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Post by chipbox »

Thank you Dylan for spelling it out so specificaslly, could not have done it better. There are so many other factors that people should look at before they can blame "tuned/chipped" engines.
This brings me to the next issue pointed out by Dries.
The problem arrises when people try and squeeeeeze out every bit of juice from your engine, THAT IS when you pick up problems. One has to understand what is the purpose of wanting to "chip" your vehicle. If you want to win a race, it can be done,.......at a cost......to the engine.
If you want to "open" up your engines "lungs", then that is where we come in.
Something people also misunderstand is to think that the more KW and NM you have, the better.This is not always true as the "mapping" is what plays a bigger role. Where and when does the power come in , is what is more important.
I am sure you have driven cars with less KW and NM, yet more pleasant to drive.
There are also different plug 'n play systems. Some plug into the ECU ( something that we avoid, and should be avoided as there are far too many wires for my liking and if one of the ECU plugs does not connect properly, then you have problems, unfortunately not all technicians work properly)ECUs are also not always easily accessible increasing the time of installation substantially.
Our unit plugs into one, two three or even four different plugs on the engine. (easily identifiable) Installation time of 5 minutes in the new Hilux/Fortuner ECU ( the one that has three plugs on it) and around 20 minutes in the older ECU ( the one that has two "flat" plugs on it)

As for the 2.5D-4D, it will increase from 75-90KW and from 260-310NM.
Once again, what we offer is: Install, if for whatever reason you are dissatisfied with the product, we will refund you fully. This is confidence in our product. Price R 4795.00 incl for the older ECU and R 3995.00 incl for the newer ECU.
This conversation can go on forever, different people believe different things. At the end of the day, a product either suits one's purpose or not. We let the customer decide. Take a second to look at "what our clients think" on our website http://www.chipbox.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Take care.
louis fourie
Vehicle: 2003 Hilux Raider Facelift D/C 3.0 KZTE
Club VHF Licence: X101

Post by louis fourie »

different people believe different things. At the end of the day, a product either suits one's purpose or not.

And that is why I will find out myself. I will not do the plug and play, but Monday my Lux gets a Dastek chip, and Dylan you are right, a diesel is all about EGT.
I have my gauge installed and therefore can monitor the EGT with an alarm. The Q+ chip can take 5 maps (I will buy only 3 for now). If I do the exhaust, what do I ask for? free flow? Please help :confused:
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

louis fourie wrote:different people believe different things. At the end of the day, a product either suits one's purpose or not.

And that is why I will find out myself. I will not do the plug and play, but Monday my Lux gets a Dastek chip, and Dylan you are right, a diesel is all about EGT.
I have my gauge installed and therefore can monitor the EGT with an alarm. The Q+ chip can take 5 maps (I will buy only 3 for now). If I do the exhaust, what do I ask for? free flow? Please help :confused:
Correct Louis, you ask for a 76mm free flo exhaust :thumbup:
louis fourie
Vehicle: 2003 Hilux Raider Facelift D/C 3.0 KZTE
Club VHF Licence: X101

Post by louis fourie »

Mark

I visited Noise Boys in Silverton Pretoria. They said they will put a 63mm pipe on and then only from the flange in front of the silencer box. If I understand Dylan correctly the free flow must be done from the turbo.

Comments please
Michaeljoh
Town: Paulpietersburg
Vehicle: 3.0 d4d hilux, Prado 4.0VX, Land Cruiser 79 4.2D

Post by Michaeljoh »

Just don't use SAC they chip to get the most kW/nm out of an enjine, they also did my 1KZ Prado and it had plenty power but smoked like an old tractor when you put foot, thats what destoyed my friends prado. Took it back to them to get the Prado smoke a bit less.
Chipbox, you guys sound more proffesional. Do you have a chip for the 4.0 V6 Prado.
Pebble
Vehicle: Nissan Navara

Post by Pebble »

The plug and play chips are only for the common rail diesel engines and turbo charged petrol engines. The best thing to do with a naturally aspirated engine is free flow and filter(easiest). Thereafter go to professionals (i.e. Van de linde). BUT do not force induce a naturally aspirated engine, we have been there and its not a clever way to go,no matter what the guys says. As soon as something goes,you will have to sell the house to get it all fixed.AND its not worth it for a 4x4. Plug and play chips are a wonder, there are a few on the SA market. Problem with a ECU chip,if the chip loses that map,you are stuck at the side of the road FOR A LONG TIME!Plug and play is MUCH safer!
AM Racing

Post by AM Racing »

louis fourie wrote:Mark

I visited Noise Boys in Silverton Pretoria. They said they will put a 63mm pipe on and then only from the flange in front of the silencer box. If I understand Dylan correctly the free flow must be done from the turbo.

Comments please
The whole idea is to reduce back pressure in the system. There are guys in australia that are developing bolt on 76mm exhaust systems.
ImageImageImage
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Thanks Dylan / Louis :thumbup:

Interesting read:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19497" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wave
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Edenvale
Vehicle: Tuna 3.0 D4D 4x4

Post by Wave »

Pebble wrote:There are many of these type of units on the market! One must just investigate where it is manufactured, what type of technology is used and also what the reviews on the product is. We installed a similar type of unit in our 2.5dCi Nissan Navara. Standard it is 128kW and 403Nm, and after the chip it makes 166kW and 497Nm (Now thats something you can feal - immediately)! We had absolutely no problems with the engine, had the chip in for an odd +70 000km. Then sold the diesel for the 4.0l V6. The Hilux/Fortuner chip does the following: Standard 120kW and 343Nm. After the chip 155kW and 429Nm. This is also quite a huge difference, and as we could feal the turbo lag to be much less (Navara has quite a bit of turbo lag) it really is very conveniant. So I am certain the Hilux turbo lag will also not be AS prominent. Remember todays modern vehicles are built with way more advance technology, so with these plug and play systems it is very difficult to harm the engine as the ECU stays untouched and all the safety parameters are in place, so that no damage will happen to the engine.
I'm very skeptical about these chips that plug into the common rail -vs- ones that plug into the ECU

Pebble which chip did you get?
'09 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D 4x4 (M)
'14 VW Polo 1.2 TSI H/L (Swambo's)
'10 Conqueror Comfort

Return to “Fortuner”