RustStop

Quality 4x4 Accessories. Buy online or at any of our 4 Branches.
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: Prado 90 VX 3.4 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:55 pm

We are now also sell the RustStop Units.

When I moved to the West Coast 2 years ago I was looking at something to protect my Lux .I have been using it for 2 years now. I do believe this product is not a gimmick and it really works. My Lux is standing outside in the sun and rain.Every morning it has a nice wet coating of good old West Coast morning dew. Now most of you know that things tend to rust quite badly here by us. In this 2 years I really can not find any rust on my Lux and it is not even parked in a garage.

http://www.4x4direct.co.za/ruststop-c-2 ... p-1827.htm
RS-5_KitBox12V.jpg
RustStop RS-5 Electronic Rust Protection

24 Hour Protection for your car, 4WD, ute, truck, bus etc.

100% of Metal Protected inside and out, where sprays cannot reach

Separate Two-Channel Output gives intelligent protection where you need it most

Combines two proven technologies making it effective in wet and dry conditions

Designed by certified engineers with over 40 years experience in electronic rust protection and electronic rust prevention.

RustStop® RS-5 uses a dual technology to be effective in both wet and dry conditions.

The Anodes (Rust Magnets™) give customers visual proof that the system is working;

electronic rust protection and electronic rust prevention

Suitable for New and Used vehicles;

It helps protect the entire car, inside and outside, which sprays cannot do;

Backed by Independent test results.

RustStop® RS-5 even helps control formed rust from spreading via electronic rust control;

As spray on coatings only protect the particular area they cover, they are prone to being worn off and need to be maintained on a regular basis. Electronic rust proofing will compliment any other undercoating or spray-on type rust proofing, increasing your protection, as rust protection electronic can only improve your rust defence.

Transferrable from vehicle to vehicle;

Simple 5-Step Installation, no special tools needed;

Available in 12V and 24V models suitable for cars, trucks, buses, trucks etc.;

RustStop® RS-5 has four indicator lights i.e. Operate Light, Fault Light, Max Output and Battery Low Light.

Uses less battery current than most vehicle alarm systems;

Will not interfere with other electrical installations;

Ten (10) Year Warranty

Testing and Testimonials

Heriot Watt University, United Kingdom

Shogun Testing Facilities

Electronics Incorporated (Safety Tests)

Sapref (Shell and BP, South African Petroleum Refineries)

Engen Refinery

Telkom

Flamingo Plant Hire (A Barloworld Company)

AA Motorist Magazine (Did an article on the effectiveness of ERP)
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Rebel 4x4
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2014 Suzuki Jimny Fully kitted with every extra you can imagine that is available for a Jimny

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Prys?
Sent from my iPhone
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1)1989 Toyota Hilux 2.2 4y EFI D/C 4X4 Full Mikem suspension ,extra long range tank,Duel battery system,31 Bridgestone Duelers 697 A\T FJ 75 front disc with KZTE calipers ,Kurisun PT 8100 two way mobile radio Hi-Lux call sign HC 121
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:00 am

Also have one in my bakkie for the last 6 years.Very happy with it. If your bakkie is not a daly runner you will have to connect you battery to a charger every two weeks.My BENTON charger is permanently connect to the battery.
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:10 am

George, I had something similar on my previous vehicle, which prevented rust during the Beach Driving Era.
I now have it on my current vehicle and would also recommend this product...
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
pietpetoors
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:55 am

My bakkie don't have one in yet and I also have to charge the battery if I haven't used it for more than 2 weeks.

Price is R1710.00 at the moment, but me thinks we must gooi a special for the Hilux guys, especially the SFA owners.

Just offloading stock now will chat to George about it just now.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots
Obelix and Dogmatix
Town: ROODEPOORT
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:05 pm

Howzit George and Pieter,

Okay so the SFA is showing signs of rust, will this stop the rust from going any further?

See you guys on Saturday
Rules are there to make you think before you break them!!!
God made man before
woman so as to give him time
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
pietpetoors
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:29 pm

Quentin it should and they say that it does.
These guys also sell a commercial version to the shipping industry.

OK, I decided to take the knock in the VAT we pay.
The Hiux forum members can get it at R1500.00 VAT Included which is what I would have sold it for if I wasn't VAT registered.

If you buy online, enter the code RUSTSTOP and the coupon code field at the very end of the buying process. That will give you R210 discount and the voucher will work on RustStop only.

If you buy at one of our stores just mention your forum username, that will unlock your discount.

Offer valid until 8 Aug 2015.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:39 pm

I'll take two! :thumbup: :D:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
ismail
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux '03 2700i SC 4x4

Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:13 pm

nice
'93 DC 2.2 4x4 33" BF KM2's 60mm lift, Fakawi Canvas Canopy. SOLD
'03 SC 2700i 4x4 32" BFG KM2, SAC stage 1, OME springs, Rancho 9000XL shocks, ARB, Escape Gear seatcovers - goes like a bomb!!!!!!!!!

I surf more than I work
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Okay so the SFA is showing signs of rust, will this stop the rust from going any further?

Quentin, I had a small rust bubble in the middle of where the L-front passenger door closes and a bursr rust bubble on the joint of the right back fender. I fitted a similar product to this (cannot remember who manufactured these) and drove that Lux for 13 years during the era of Beach driving (at least once a month fishing trips) and the rust never progressed. I always properly washed the vehicle after every trip and then sprayed Q20 on these two spots.
I sold the vehicle afterb owning it for 13 years with the same two spots; to a guy that purchased the vehicle to do a trip up Africa with it. His son prepared the vehicle for him & removed the contraption. I tried to buy it back, but they did not know what they did with it. A fellow I know, residing in East London, has since purchased the vehicle and you can now see how it is being consumed by RUST. I had the vehicle for about six years after the Beach driving Era with absolutely no signs of the rust gaining any type of foothold.
I did not want to sell the Donkey as it was known, but SWAMBO insisted, as I had gone up North for a year to earn the funds for an upgrade and to build a camper and to sponser the retirement vehicle. I was happy to bank the funds and use the interest to fuel the Donkey, but SWAMBO said that I went on a years holiday while she had to stay home and run the show, in my absence...
I have a RustStop in the upgrade (Haboob) because I really believe in the product...
Obelix and Dogmatix
Town: ROODEPOORT
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:59 pm

I suppose I will have to buy daddy a Rust Stop for his SFA then, George bring maar een op
Rules are there to make you think before you break them!!!
God made man before
woman so as to give him time
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:03 pm

(Note... I am not related, I dont work for RustStop nor do I get sponsored by them...)

Top Obelix and Dogmatix
Posts: 1226 Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:27 pm Town: ROODEPOORT Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus Real Name: Quentin Location: Allens Nek Contact: Contact Obelix and Dogmatix Send private message Send email Re: Great rubberizing
Report this post Quote Unread postby Obelix and Dogmatix » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:01 pm

BUT AFTER THAT WRITE YOU ARE BOUND TOO!!

Piet & George to look into this...
ronnie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Totota Fortuner 2006 4.0 V6 4x4; Long Range fuel tank; AmadaXtreme suspension; C-Tek D250S dual battery system
Club VHF Licence: HC 141

Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:18 am

How well does this work? Reason I ask is my 2006 Fortuner spent its first 5 years in Struisbaai before I bought it so it has a few spots and recently I noticed a fairly big rust patch where the roof rails were prior to fitting tracks for a roofrack. So I want to have that rust removed but don't want to worry too much about it coming back.
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:22 pm

They work. Would I guarantee the results? No, because each scenario is different with differing circumstances, but I would certainly prefer to have than to be without. The initial cost will undoubtedly offset by multiple times, the cost of any corrosion repairs down the line.

The way they work is through electrolysis .... a sacrificial anode (usually zinc) is installed and the body is wired as the cathode. The zinc anode corrodes while corrosion of the cathode body is prevented or at the very least, severely inhibited - much the same way as you would find in marine applications.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
ronnie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Totota Fortuner 2006 4.0 V6 4x4; Long Range fuel tank; AmadaXtreme suspension; C-Tek D250S dual battery system
Club VHF Licence: HC 141

Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:32 pm

Ok thanks Andy; that's good enough for me. Time for another trip down to 4x4Direct....hopefully I don't come back with a bunch of solar panels again
Mud Dog

Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:35 pm

You can't have enough solar panels!! :twisted:

Return to “4x4Direct”