Diff and Gearbox oil refill made easy

Quality 4x4 Accessories. Buy online or at any of our 4 Branches.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:59 pm

I bought myself one of these two months ago and liked it so much that I bought stock for our shops today.

If you ever had to fill a gearbox or diff with those stupid, leaking little bottles, you will appreciate this syringe. Fill your Hilux's diff within seconds.

You can get yours at
http://www.4x4direct.co.za/tools-/9226- ... ringe.html

phpBB [video]

View Original
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:29 am

Is it a 2way action? ... i.e. can it suck out the old oil as well as fill with new oil?
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:22 am

Yes is two way action. It sucks the oil from the container into the syringe. If you want to suck out old oil you can just remove the bottle and extend the hose that goes into the bottle.

They also have a model without the bottle, but it was only R30 cheaper than the one with bottle, so I opted for this model.

What I like about the bottle is that if I know the diff takes 0.9 litres of oil I can put 0.9 litres in the bottle and pump the correct amount of oil into the diff. The bottle can take 1 liter.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots
Baasvark
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Virginia
Vehicle: '97 D/C with all the trimmings & 2011 Troopy

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:26 am

Definately a usefool tool! I like to replace these oils on a regular basis and getting it in is always a pain!

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

Aint it ironic that "Common Sense" aint so common after all...
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:21 am

My boet has a nice upright unit that is particularly useful for draining engine sumps from the dipstick tube - stick the pipe down the tube to the bottom of the sump, set the unit to suck instead of pump, pump the handle a few times and walk away to do something else while the sump oil gets sucked out into a reservoir. More suitable for a mechanical workshop because of it's size, but this one at 4x4Direct looks like a great piece of kit for the DIY guy.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Mars
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:49 am

Dis nou 'n uitstekende idee.

Return to “4x4Direct”