Legend 35 stolen

Have your Hilux just been stolen. Please report it here and let everybody help to keep an eye out for your Hilux.
mengels1
Town: Walkerville
Vehicle: Hilux Legend 35

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:14 am

Hi all.

Just wanted to say my wife's Legend 35 was stolen in Booysens but recovered on the same day in Soweto. This was on Thursday 23 August 2012.

Two thumbs up to the Netstar tracking guys that found it within an hour of it being reported.

The interior was damaged while they were trying to locate the tracking unit.

Things missing is the original radio that came out with the vehicle. A Kenwood mobile radio including its antenna which was linked to our neighborhood watch and a Carryboy canopy. The canopy was color coded to the vehicle which was the light champagne color. The windows on the canopy are tinted and the back window when dirty my have residue on it from a sticker i put on "SOCSA" - Subaru owners club of South Africa. I had removed the sticker but it was still showing up when it got dusty. It was just below the Carryboy Branding on the top of the window in the centre. The lock system on the canopy was completely removed but the handle was intact. The rest is plastic trim that surrounds the doors etc.

If anymore gets approached with these items and it seems that it could be ours please notify me on my cell phone 072 125 4323.

Michael Engels
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:19 am

Glad u got it back....still an invasion of one's privacy though. :sick:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:29 am

Always sad to hear of these incidents! :x Glad you at least got it back. IMO Netstar is the best tracking company here. Pity about the damage and missing bits, but I'm sure your insurers will take care of that. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Bulletjie-3
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux Raider SFA met 7M-GE engine

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:50 am

Sorry to hear and best of luck with the repair.
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:31 pm

Michael, do you by any chance have the Kenwood model type (TK7102, TK7100 etc) and perhaps the serial number? I can put out an alert to radio dealers to be on the watch for it if someone should try sell or re-program the radio.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

mengels1

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Family_Dog wrote:Michael, do you by any chance have the Kenwood model type (TK7102, TK7100 etc) and perhaps the serial number? I can put out an alert to radio dealers to be on the watch for it if someone should try sell or re-program the radio.

-F_D

Hi Eric.

Thanks, the help would be greatly appreciated. The radio is my biggest concern. It was removed cleanly from the radio to the antenna. That way it does not look suspicious.

I have been watching Junkmail, gumtree and OLX just in case.

I am not 100% sure of the details. I will try get the serial number tomorrow as well as the model No.

Regards

Mike
Family_Dog

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:49 pm

Thanks Mike, I have emailed you.

-F_D

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

mengels1

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Thanks Eric.

I received the email. I really appreciate the use of networking with your guys.

Damage to the inside of the vehicle and the canopy totaled R57 000.

Regards

Mike
Family_Dog

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Ouch! That's a lot of damage to have occurred in such a short space of time. Just thankful that you got your Legend back.

-F_D

Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Good to hear, we had the exact opposite experience with Netstar, looks like they are improving.
My dad's Microbus was reported as they were driving off with it, it was never found, they say they followed the signal into an area that was "to dangerous to pursue" and the signal was eventually lost. I tested my "Panic" button a few times and there reaction times varied from 20 Minutes to 2 Hours, i ripped there units out of my three vehicles myself and returned it to them in plastic bags.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Cleaner
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4l V6 4x4 Auto
Club VHF Licence: X31

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:53 am

Hoppy wrote:Good to hear, we had the exact opposite experience with Netstar, looks like they are improving.
My dad's Microbus was reported as they were driving off with it, it was never found, they say they followed the signal into an area that was "to dangerous to pursue" and the signal was eventually lost. I tested my "Panic" button a few times and there reaction times varied from 20 Minutes to 2 Hours, i ripped there units out of my three vehicles myself and returned it to them in plastic bags.
Also had my run in with Netstar and still paying off a bakkie because of their incompetence, lies and deceit! Actually got told by them, it's like a gamble, sometime you win and sometimes you loose! Glad someone else is getting joy from them, they will never see me again!
ImageImageImage
"Every loaf of bread is tragic story of grains that could've become beer, but didn't. - Walter Thornburgh"
"The best cure for Sea Sickness, is to sit under a tree. - Spike Milligan"
MOFASA
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: 1998 JEEP XJ 4.0............ 4 inch lift.... more mods to follow............ Old vehicle was MOFASA
Club VHF Licence: X119

Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:56 am

Glad you got your Lux back.... :thumbup: :thumbup:

IMO Netstar is the absolute worst company to deal with, I sold a car with a unit in it did the owned transfer so the new owner can pay for it, exactly how they wanted it done, faxed and emailed the paperwork through, had constant reminders for me to pay for the unit after that and now i have been blacklisted cos i sopped paying for it, regardless of the proof i sent them they say it is still my responsibility to pay for the unit..... :aggresive: :aggresive:

Ans now im going through the same thing with TRACKER..... :frustrated: :frustrated: :aggresive: :aggresive:

South African service..... :surrender: :surrender:
Live Life in the FAST lane....
Forget the past, Embrace the FUTURE!!!!
To 4x4 or not to 4x4 thats the question....
IT'S A JEEP :yahoo: ..... You wouldn't understand....
ImageImageImage[rimg=206x128]
mengels1

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi guys.

Some feedback. Insurance decided to repair the vehicle which is great.

With regards to the tracking systems. I traded in a subaru impreza wagon for a WRX. No time to swop the Matrix unit into the new car. The guys were going to try arrange for a mobile unit installation. It took forever and because subaru's aren't high risk i was not worried anyway.

Long story short - my unit was put into someone else's vehicle and Matrix had no idea who the new client was or what vehicle the unit was in. I was still paying the monthly subscription even though it was not in the vehicle.

Every time the other vehicle was activated they would phone me and every time I would say that some poor bastered is probably in trouble and they had no idea what to look for.

Eventually a Hello Peter complaint and it was sorted in a matter of hours. They released me from my contract. Probably so i was not been contacted when the other vehicle was getting triggered.
Uysbeer
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '09 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D d/c 4x4 auto
Club VHF Licence: X38HC201

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:56 am

Ek gebruik Tracker en Skytrax in my voeruie.
1 April 2011 sms tracker en se my voertuig beweeg.
Ek bel toe die bestuurder van die Toyota Quantum bussie en vra vir hom of hy by die voertuig is. Nee is sy antwoord. In dieselfde asem antwoord hy en se 3 ander Quantums is langs myne gesteel.
Lang storie kort - Tracker kry toe die early warning system net voor Soweto in die veld, sonder my voertuig. Gelukkig het hulle op hou soek en ek het die bussie terug gekry met die Skytrax. Verseekring het betaalgelukkig uit n volle R 118 758.85. Al die skade net aan die binne kant,het hulle aan gerig terwyl die bussie met n "tow truck" uit die parkeerteryn by Soccer city gesleep is tot in Soweto. Hulle het alles gebreek en oop gemaak wat hulle kon om die toestel te soek.
Niemand is gevang nie en ek het 6 maande gewag vir die herstel van die voertuig.
Ek gebruik nou net die een toestel en wil nie weer my voertuig terug kry as "hulle" hom gesteel het nie.
kfxnando
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:25 pm

imo

it must of been that SOCSA sticker. it dosent belong on a hilux

what a small world :lmao:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GeorgeJvR
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Louis Trichardt
Vehicle: 2008 Prado 4.0 V6, 1989 SFA S/C 2.2

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Hoppy wrote:Good to hear, we had the exact opposite experience with Netstar, looks like they are improving.

Any tracking unit is only as good as the installer.
and in your case, as good as the Recovery team.
To Buy and sell a vehicle is my hobby
Make a deal that no one else thought possible is my aim

Kom wat wil ek bly 'n Bul!
mengels1

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:23 pm

@ Uysbeer - Ons het ook besluit ons gaan nie die voertuig hoe nie. Versekering het gese maak reg. Die panel beater se dat die voertuig in gooie toestand is en ons behoort n gooie prys te kry. Dit was by een handelaar gekoop en by die selvde een gediens. Ons vervang die bakkie nou met a FJ Cruizer.

@KFXNando - hey bud that sticker made it faster. :-) Nice to see you on this forum also.

Strange though when it came to collecting the vehicle - No fingerprints done and also not edited on the E-natis system. Luckily for us.

Return to “Stolen Hiluxes”