Reward-need help

Have your Hilux just been stolen. Please report it here and let everybody help to keep an eye out for your Hilux.
Mark Venter
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Aberton - Muldersdfift-farm
Vehicle: Land Rover S2A/Toyota-Stolen

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:23 pm

Please help with the recovory of my 1995 Toyota hilux 4x4 d/c stolen 2 days ago in Alberton

I have saved R10000.00 for my trip to Mozambiqe in Desember i want to offer for her recovery.

She is white with canopy side awn,lifted suspension and rodholder on roof.

Reg PLB 800 GP
Vin 31RN6700002717
ENGINE 7M0226614

She is fitted with the 7m motor with gotech fuel management :I have photos but do not know how to post yet will work on it.

Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:24 pm

Mark, welcome to the site and hope you find her soon.

Mark Venter
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:34 pm

Niel wrote:Mark, welcome to the site and hope you find her soon.
Thanks, One this one i will not give up to much time and effort went into this one
She was perfect and ran like a bullet. how can i give up on her she will be hanging around with the wrong crowd

Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:43 pm

HI Mark,

Welcome to the forum, so sorry that your first post had to bear such bad news.

Please refer to this link viewtopic.php?f=21&t=603 for a write-up in regard to posting photos, I am sure we would all like to see the photos of your Hilux and it would certainly help us to identify it should we see it on the road - not that most of us would be able to keep up to it in the event of a chase.

I hope you had some insurance on it, as valueless as it is, it does help a little.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

DOELLOOS

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

Does your bakkie have any security systems / gearlocks / tracking system, etc. in it? What tyres does it have? Interior colour? What suspension? Sound system? Anything that can be used to distinguise your car should we see something...

Family_Dog

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:52 pm

Mark,

Have you posted this information on here as well?
http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/

-F_D

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Mark Venter
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:12 pm

Family_Dog wrote:Mark,

-F_D
Sorry guys i am still trying to find my feet but i will work on it

Yes i have some more info dent from a trailer on tailgate on right side, ali plate in centre of front bumper covering the a/c fan (checker plate) bumper cut.

Canopy sprayed matt black inside, side awning mounted to left side of canopy on top
Dent above driver roof I hit an owl (He was ok)

BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:44 pm

Hi Mark

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Things like this gets me very upset. I hope you get her back very soon.

Having spent all the time and effort into a van like this to get it running perfectly is something that is difficult to quantify in monetary value and the time spent it can not be replaced by insurance. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2006 Hilux DC V6 Auto 4x4 Oldman Emu suspension

Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:01 am

Hi Mark welcome to the forum I am sorry to hear about your loss :( :cry: :cry: :evil: I will keep my eyes open here in the Eastern Cape
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light

Mark Venter
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:33 am

Cookie Monster wrote:Hi Mark welcome to the forum I am sorry to hear about your loss :( :cry: :cry: :evil: I will keep my eyes open here in the Eastern Cape
THANKS ALLOT

JUST A BIT MORE INFO: GOTECH FUEL MANAGEMENT MOUNTED UNDER IN DASH UNDER ASH TRAY(BLUE UNIT).Interior Blue with canvas seat covers from Game,Cooler Box mounted between Front seats(Blue/Silver). holes drilled into front bullbar for farm jack. Long range fuel tank above spare wheel, body has been lifted higher from chassis to give more space in engine bay for engine. G/lever cover mounter above carpet and covered in grey fabric.Front Window rubber pirate very poor fitment.Bonnet has damaged cover below window when opening.

Thanks allot for the support

Mark Venter
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:53 am

7MGTE wrote:Hi Everyone,

Does your bakkie have any security systems / gearlocks / tracking system, etc. in it? What tyres does it have? Interior colour? What suspension? Sound system? Anything that can be used to distinguise your car should we see something...
I have fitted a switch under the left front seat that cuts the fuel pump just were the carpet meets, no tracker no insurance i could have bought a nother bakkie with some of the qoutes i
got. Front BF Goodrich mud Rear BF Goodrich all terain.A ugly crome radio with normal std speakers,I loved the tone off the freeflow exhust and the air filter better than the radio.

Mark Venter
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:56 am

Niel wrote:Mark, welcome to the site and hope you find her soon.
I have been reading this site for a while now, and found it usefull.TNX

Family_Dog

Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:07 pm

Family_Dog wrote:Mark,

-F_D
Mark,

Please join the 4x4 Community Forum and post all the details you possibly can about your Hilux over there as well. The more eyes looking for it, the better.

-F_D

pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:50 pm

Here are Mark's pics
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots

SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:20 pm

Hello Mark

I cannot get into this web site at work it is very very slow, thus can only do it here, have already uploaded the pic and was going to upload them now3, but have seen that Pieter did this for you already

(Thank's Pieter)
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan

Mark Venter
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:32 am

SYRON CONVERSIONS wrote:Hello Mark

I cannot get into this web site at work it is very very slow, thus can only do it here, have already uploaded the pic and was going to upload them now3, but have seen that Pieter did this for you already

(Thank's Pieter)
I want to thank every body for the help and the time going into this.Mutch apreciated.
Sorry about the spelling in some of the postings, but with a surname like Venter it sould be self explaind,Thanks guys.

Mark Venter
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:50 am

In 2005 I rebuild a Landrover series 2a from the ground up,fitted a rook and kook Ford 30 V6 motor,but the wife complaind about no A/c and that i did not hold her leg while driving(Needed both hand on the steering wheel) so somthing had to be done.I looked around and found the Hilux,hated the power and fitted the 7m motor.

I am driving the landy now,but miss the toyota what vehicle could you suggest if i need to replace her, some thing for the wife and me. We enjoy camping, fishing and the greate outdoors. I tow a boat.The landy has to stay, and the wife agrees.

If someone wants to sell me a hilux that needs work please let me know.

Family_Dog

Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:21 pm

Mark,

The only obvious choice for a replacement vehicle would be another Hilux SFA. Don't be too putoff by any lack of power, think of the money you will save from not getting speeding fines. :mrgreen: You only really need the additional power for towing purposes anyhow, but then you have to consider the transmission, and the brakes, and the radiator, and.....

The Taxi industry are at last slowly phasing off Hi-Aces in favour of the new 20-seaters, so pretty soon the market for stealing SFA Hiluxes will dry up.

Keep your eyes open, quite a few Hiluxes have found new owners as a result of this forum.

-F_D

Mark Venter
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:05 am

Hi Eric

When my hilux got stolen I was in the process of fitting a lexsus v8, i still have the Motor and gearbox fully done-up in my garage with most of the mounting brakets made , I was busy with the bell housing for the 5 speed box with the help of a friend of mine,(Enduro Gearbox) looks like I have half the work done allready.I love electronics but not in the bush so i opted for the manual gearbox.All the trimmings like the radiator,water bottle was allready fitted to the hilux. I even had a spare Gotech fuel management system programed for the big day. My big problem now is time, I have started a new venture importing Mercedes Benz Replacement Parts From Germany and in order to make it a sucsess it needs most of my time and money.but who knows life is to short not to be enjoyed.
I worked for Mercedes-Benz all my life starting as a mechanic,to vehicle sales I have the skill and contacts to do most eanyting to a Dream Vehicle,I was bussy with her. Need her back.

Mark Venter
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:04 pm

HI GUYS

I HAVE HAD NO LUCK FINDING HER,

ITS WEEKEND AGAIN PLEASE KEEP A EYE OUT FOR HER (SHE IS NOT IN ALBERTON AREA).

TNX MARK

Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:16 pm

I am sorry to hear you still have had no luck :( Mark Will keep my eyes open
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light

Scotty
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Vehicle: An SFA is in my future

Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:31 pm

Hi Mark

I've got my eyes peeled in Cape Town for you.

Holding thumbs
Scotty
2009 X-Trail (great car, but not an SFA)
1997 Defender 90 2.8i (great vehicle, but not an SFA)

Mark Venter
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:19 am

Scotty wrote:Hi Mark

I've got my eyes peeled in Cape Town for you.

Holding thumbs
Scotty
Got a call on Saterday,they found it abandoned,pound would not let me in on Sunday.Went this morning.Wrong bakkie, wrong address and contact no's. Idiots swaped paperwork in dockets someone's bakkie got recovered and endit up with my contact details.(White 2.7 4x4 d/c). Further more i am speechless.3hours off fustration and anger.

Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:37 pm

Wow that must really SUCK :!: :evil: :evil: :cry: :( Just get your hopes up and then just disapointment :!: I tell you it is my worst fear that my van gets stolen :!:

Mark Venter
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:45 pm

Hi Guys

I just want to thank everybody for the help i have recived. :D
I have not found my hilux,and i must come to terms with it. :cry:

I feel very sad and angry with all of this,but on the brighter side i was not shot or injured during the theft and so be it. I have the upmost respect for the hilux and it will always be close to my hart, and now life goes THANKS AGAIN

Family_Dog

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:52 pm

It's still a tough act to swallow, the invasion of one's privacy is bad enough, let alone the loss of a vehicle such as this. However, you are right, however upset one feels about the whole thing, you still have your health and more importantly, your whole life ahead. You will in time get another Hiux, and this will just be a bad memory.

In spite of this, we all hope that you will one day still recover your van.

-F_D

Scooter
Town: JHB
Vehicle: '94 Raider, '05 Vigo 4.0 v6

Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:14 pm

Mark, while I am sympathetic to your misfortune and feel this is a terrible thing to happen to anyone, I have to throw M2c W in here.

Although I do not have a remedy for the situation I don't believe we should become complacent when things like this happen. We live in a country that works for the crook and not us unfortunately. Because of this we have been bullied into accepting the outcome.
This is why we say "......at least I am still alive" or "......at least I didn't get shot/raped/murdered".

Why do we have to think like that. These things should not be happening in the first place. So while it is true that you still have your life, you have been violated and it is normal to feel violated.

A while ago my sister stopped for petrol and 4 guys wanted to take her car, fortunately for her another car pulled up and being a better car they opted for that one. She was ushered into the shop but all in all left alone. People said be glad you are alive and not raped, sure its a good thought but what if she had been raped what would people say then, 'be glad you are alive'. Again things like this should not be happening.

I do appologise for the outburst, I just find the mindset to be misguided and I am in no way attacking anyone on this forum, I am mearly stating my opinion.

I hope that one day we will again be able to leave our vehicles unlocked and running. (wishfull thinking)
I also wish a full life with health wealth and protection for you and your family, may your misfortune be forgotten in the near future and you new Hilux be even better. :mrgreen:
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

Mark Venter
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:19 am

Dear Scooter

I will again build a Hilux 4x4, this time i will take my time and use the best parts money can buy take no sort cuts. I will have the best,meanest and fastest hilux i can build but that would be nothing compered to the security systems from gas-air nossels below front doors to fry hijackers to a steel shield over the floor pedals, a cell hidden in the dash conected to 'look for me'(dont want the saps involved this time) Next time some one is going to have a hell of a suprise. I am on a mission and even as i suspect working weekends and evenings i will rebuild my dream there is no other way. On my next hilux i am going to do a complete stripdown and nut and bolt restoration even if it takes me 2 years. I will keep the form posted on when the old hilux is recoverd and photos on my new project.

Scooter
Town: JHB
Vehicle: '94 Raider, '05 Vigo 4.0 v6

Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:09 am

Now that's the attitude to have, "screw everyone, I will build it my way" :twisted:

As for the build, I am sure in time it will be perfect. Keep us posted. :D
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

Niel

Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:45 pm

Show us the pics as you go along :)

Pixel
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Vehicle: Toyota.... ahem... Prado

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:29 am

All those heading to southern africa especially Moz, keep an eye out there for this missing lux.
Family of mine recently had a cruiser + trailer stolen, it was recovered high up in the Lebombo mountains with 5 other cruisers and 3 Lux's all heading to Moz. Sad Times. :evil:

SYRON CONVERSIONS

Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:13 pm

Maybe these stolen vehicles go straight into Lesotho as well, this country is so close to us.

There is a town not far from Queenstown called Engoba which is basically a "black" town, all you see are Toyota and Isuzu bakkies, I have heard that if you want to get your vehicle stolen, just park it in this town and soon it will be gone. :twisted:
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan

Niel

Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:19 pm

Simon, don't tell the LR owners of this place they might swamp the place, but maybe we should ask if the LR will not be left where parked, I mean even criminals have standards. :lol: :lol:

SYRON CONVERSIONS

Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:35 pm

Well also around here and the towns nearby, there are stacks of SCRAP buyers, these guys even ladies drive around with their clapped out bakkies collecting every piece of metal that is lying around, they buy the stuff from the blacks who live in the lullies, I have even seen old rusty tin cans, wheel barrows, ploughs, old car bodies, loaded on the rear of their bakkies, if I am correct, I heard that for car bodies they get R350. a ton.
Car chassis cut to the length of 1.2m they get R750. a ton.
Copper and Allaminium get the best prices, so I am not sure which vehicle's are still made from alloy, thus do not leave them lying or parked around :lol:

simoan

Mark Venter
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:55 am

Niel wrote:Simon, don't tell the LR owners of this place they might swamp the place, but maybe we should ask if the LR will not be left where parked, I mean even criminals have standards. :lol: :lol:
Sorry guys, but i have to come up for my landy, now that she is the only 4x4 i own.

I here it is so silent there you can here toyota's rust at night.
A landy does not leak oil, it marks its terrotory. and so on and so on..........

You should not compere a landrover with a lux friendships have been ended that way,I owned both a 95 lux (stolen) and now i drive a landy Series 2a I love them both the same.No matter what you drive the lifestyle stays the same the great outdoors and meeting new friends,you all know what i am talking about.

pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:37 am

Ja Mark, we hear you. In my opinion you are now talking about the two legends of the 4x4 world.
Although some might be more reliable than others, they remain the best.
And like you said, it is about the lifestyle!
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC. Rear diff-lock, Red Peppor Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Kirisun radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Rear Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front, 25watt LED Spots

Mark Venter
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:39 am

pietpetoors wrote:Ja Mark, we hear you. In my opinion you are now talking about the two legends of the 4x4 world.
Although some might be more reliable than others, they remain the best.
And like you said, it is about the lifestyle!
Soon i will be one of the happyest people in the world again, when my NEW-OLD hilux is parked next to my old new landy in the garage. :lol:

I have driven a hilexsus and a GTE and love them both, but need to be diffrent this time you simply can not improve mutch to the body or reliability of the drivetrain on a hilux. but what if you fit a 6.3 liter Gmc diesel motor or a Chev lumena SS 6.0 motor. I will start next year with my project. :roll:

With a little luck i will still find my old one back :D

Mark Venter
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:58 pm

Mark Venter wrote:Please help with the recovory of my 1995 Toyota hilux 4x4 d/c stolen 2 days ago in Alberton

I have saved R10000.00 for my trip to Mozambiqe in Desember i want to offer for her recovery.

She is white with canopy side awn,lifted suspension and rodholder on roof.

Reg PLB 800 GP
Vin 31RN6700002717
ENGINE 7M0226614

She is fitted with the 7m motor with gotech fuel management :I have photos but do not know how to post yet will work on it.

Thanks to all for the help and support after my hilux went missing.It is time to move on, goodbuy my old friend..............................................................

Rampie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: '10 Pajero Sport

Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:22 pm

Have you thought about sending photos to the border posts to prevent her from leaving the country? Obviously print the reward onto the pictures, that's a sizeable income for anyone on a border guards' pay.

LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:52 pm

Hi Mark,

I still keep my eyes open although you said goodbye, one never know.

Regards,
Louis

hilex08
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilex V8, Ford Ranger 2500 td, C55 AMG

Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:22 pm

mark, sorry bout your misfortune, i'll have a look out here in rustenburg area

Return to “Stolen Hiluxes”

• Information