hyperlinks

If you would like to discuss the functionality of this web site or have any suggestions, please out it here.
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: '89 Hilux SFA - SOLD; '95 Hilux - STOLEN; '67 Series 2A Land Rover; 3.5 V6 Pajero; 120 Prado VX 4.0

hyperlinks

Post by the BuTch3R »

Just a small suggestion.....

All of the links within the threads (photos, links to other sites, links to other threads, etc) close the current page and open the target page immediately.
I know that most browsers have the right click > open in new window facility :Geek: , but I often forget to do this in all the excitement and end up fiddling my thumbs, waiting for the new page to load, when I could rather be spending this QUALITY time reading the rest of the thread or other threads while the link opens. :|

Any possibility of "soft-coding" links within threads to always open in a new window?

What do you guys think :?:
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: hyperlinks

Post by CasKru »

We'll have ton investigate. Mean time what you could also do instead of right clicking a link, you can click the middle button on a link and this will then open it on a new tab without asking more questions. (I use Firefox)
To God be the glory
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Tsumeb
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux2.2 ---1987 Hilux D/C Hella 1000, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Good Year M/TR, Warn Winch, STK bullbar, Extended shacles, Kenwood VHF-SOLD

Post by Hi-Hilux »

En daar leer ek ook iets dankie vir daai een van die middel knoppie
Is gebed jou spaarwiel of jou stuurwiel?
'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it ONCE'
3RZ
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2004 Legend 35 Hilux 2.7 DC 4x4

Post by 3RZ »

Daar leer jy my ook iets, 'n mens is vergeet van die wielietjie knoppie - dit werk in IE ook.
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: '89 Hilux SFA - SOLD; '95 Hilux - STOLEN; '67 Series 2A Land Rover; 3.5 V6 Pajero; 120 Prado VX 4.0

Post by the BuTch3R »

CasKru wrote: Mean time what you could also do instead of right clicking a link, you can click the middle button on a link and this will then open it on a new tab without asking more questions. (I use Firefox)
Don't get me wrong, It's not the clicking (right or middle) that bothers me, it's more that by the time i realise I should've clicked a different button, it's too late. :roll:

Not a biggie though, but I'm sure I'm not alone on this one....and I have seen links open new windows on other sites, so it's definitely possible, just not sure how easy. :think:
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

ROYOTA wrote:
CasKru wrote: Mean time what you could also do instead of right clicking a link, you can click the middle button on a link and this will then open it on a new tab without asking more questions. (I use Firefox)
Don't get me wrong, It's not the clicking (right or middle) that bothers me, it's more that by the time i realise I should've clicked a different button, it's too late. :roll:

Not a biggie though, but I'm sure I'm not alone on this one....and I have seen links open new windows on other sites, so it's definitely possible, just not sure how easy. :think:
Understand your point but just thought might give you some help in the interim.
To God be the glory
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

testing:
http://www.pietpetoors.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.photosa.co.za
viewforum.php?f=33
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Fixed Up
Thanks for the suggestion, something I wanted to do years ago but then got used to right click

Remeber it will now open all links posted in posts in a new window, even those referring to this same site.
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

pietpetoors wrote:Fixed Up
Thanks for the suggestion, something I wanted to do years ago but then got used to right click

Remeber it will now open all links posted in posts in a new window, even those referring to this same site.
I might be mistaken but this change will only have effect on any new posts done with a hyperlink. The older ones you will still need to rightclick / middle click
To God be the glory
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by the BuTch3R »

Thanks Pieter. :thumbup:

Now just the photos. Clicking on a photo still loads an enlarged version of the photo in the current window :problem:
Witblits
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Koringberg
Vehicle: Hilux D4-D S/Cab
Club VHF Licence: X50

Post by Witblits »

I feel it will be better if link opens in a new tab, not a new window. Much easier to navigate a lot of tabs than a lot of windows.
ImageImageImage
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Witblits wrote:I feel it will be better if link opens in a new tab, not a new window. Much easier to navigate a lot of tabs than a lot of windows.
It does this yes dependent on your browser
To God be the glory
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Andre, I presume you are still using Internet Explorer? Switch to Firefox and you will enjoy the Internet much more. Get it at http://www.mozilla.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Web Related Discussions and Suggestions”