new hilux dakar vs ranger xls

If you drive a 4x2 Hilux, do NOT think you are not welcome. Post your questions here
adeshx
Town: johannesburgh
Vehicle: chev

new hilux dakar vs ranger xls

Post by adeshx »

Hi guys
Im in a dilema ...i saw the new hilux dakar as well as new ranger 2.2xls.
Which will be a better buy..from a resale perspective as well as comfort...

Both vehicles are 10k apart..obe also been told the new hilux is changing shape next year..will appreciate your help on the decision to go..
dervdave
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Sunderland
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0d

Re: new hilux dakar vs ranger xls

Post by dervdave »

Hilux
Tarquin
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Plettenberg Bay
Vehicle: Toyota 2.8D D/C 4x4 & Toyota 2.4D single 4x2

Post by Tarquin »

nothing has a re sale value like a toyota.
have you tried them both out?
i'd go for the hilux ;-)
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Hilux in my garage - BUT, a friend is VERY happy with his 3,2 Ranger (I have asked him to now test drive the 2,2 for a comparative review ...)
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Post by 4x4BEES »

As I said before, what do you WANT to see in the garage when you open it in the morning.
That's all that matters.
Gideonvanzyl
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 D/C 4x4

Post by Gideonvanzyl »

if it can't be the 3.2 Ford, then it have to be the hilux. I took a drive in the 3.2 ford d/c yesterday and it's NICE.
Toyota Hilux 2.7 Legend 35 (Bullnose) 2003 d/cab 4x4 with Cooper Discoverer AT 3's on with unichip and Powerflow exhaust. Name: Blouwillebees
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Evidently the Ranger model with the most problems is the 3.2.
To God be the glory
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

With the Feud I suggest you buy a Yaris with it, for the days when it's in the workshop. We have Feuds at work, and Feud love the comfort and attention of a workshop, much like my puppy loving to be given attention. :slap:

As for resale, very few brands beat Toyota. As we speak if I were to sell my 1990 Gli TwinCam, at R45k it can be sold tomorrow. What does a 1990 Feud look like? Very few that can stand up to Toyotas build quality.

That said, if you have lots of money to waste, rather look for a worthy charity in your area to donate to :laugh2:

Common problems so far of the four we have, broken water hoses, glow plugs gone, some pipe connection coming loose, not sure if they we vacuum pipes or not, but the tiny pipe connections just above the head. All these are less than 2 years old and I find the suspension very hard. I think we must get a kidney belt as PPE at work :mocking: :lmao:

Get a Toyota.
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Team Meyer
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: Werks Hilux

Post by Team Meyer »

I heard the 3.2 rangers like new engins every 30000 to 40000km.3 guys I know went to the dark side (rangers), but they are back to the HILUX side.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear

Post by Donkey »

Open Letter to Ford SA CEO
Dear Mr Nemeth,

Hope you are well today, I urge you to make time to read to the end of this.

Unfortunately I have to make use of this means to get in touch with you as your customer service department is failing in my request for assistance,

I have been in contact via Facebook, Twitter, Phone and E-mail with you CS guys since two months ago when I finally realised/ decided I've had enough of the defective vehicle I was sold 2 years/60 000km ago.

I bought a Ford Ranger 2.2 D XLS double cab in March 2012, within the first 5000km the first turbo had to be replaced, there were issues with the passenger seat upholstery, there were issues with loose shock absorbers, diff issue and in between all of this the vehicle had to be serviced regularly. This all happened within the first year, then in March 2013 my Intercooler blew, from what I believe this was the first of such a case in SA and therefore also at the time I had to wait 6 weeks for the vehicle as they could not find the fault on it. Eventually after finding the problem the car was returned to me only for me to take it back twice within the first week due to no power and other related issues to the vehicle. After this instance I also blew another Turbo which took 2 weeks to fix. At the time I was at a point of demanding a new vehicle, however the fantastic Dealer Principle that is looking after me manage to keep me calm and I must be honest due to him I have actually been quite polite about all the issues. 2 Months ago I blew another Turbo, Nu 3, this is where my nightmares started as I decided to now take action. I was stuck next to the road with my Wife and it took the AA/Ford Assist 1,5hours to reach me. I started my rant on the Ford SA Facebook page, on Twitter I also sent copies of my comms to IOL Motoring, Beeld, and Carte Blanche in order to get the attention I needed.
I received the car back 2 weeks later , only to find that the same day in the afternoon the car wouldn't start. Again I was furious and phoned the DP and the car had to be towed again, this time the wait was 3 hours!! The Irony of this was that as I spoke to him I was busy buying ANOTHER FORD product for my Wife, trading in her OLD FORD PRODUCT!!
I got the car back two days later and on the Saturday the car broke down on the N1 Highway near Roodepoort due to a “Boost Pipe” that blew. This time again with my Family in the car in pouring rain. Car fixed 4 days later - All of this time I have to pay for the instalments on a defective car!!!
My ranting really started when

[The entire original message is not included.]
Tumelo Maketekete
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

ImageImage
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

So ya, by all means get a ford :haha:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage

Return to “4x2 Hilux's Welcome”