Replacement Bucket Seats for SFA

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Replacement Bucket Seats for SFA

Post by Family_Dog »

Guys,

Much as I love my 4Y, the Toyota bucket seats get a might uncomfortable after a while. I would like to replace these with some other bucket seats, which normally range from R700-R900 a set at the Scrapyards.

I believe the 3-Series BMW seats are a close fit. Does anybody have any feedback on this?

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Seat

Post by pietpetoors »

Won't it be better to stick with Toy spares, won't they fit easier? Perhaps Tazz ot RunX ?
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

I would not mind if I can make a nice set of BMW seats fit. I miss my beemers seats, next best thing to a lazy boy. :lol: :lol:
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

I think I might take one of the seats out and take it to the scrapyard to look for something similar. I don't really want to drill extra holes. The BMW seats are nice because they have all sorts of snazzy adjustments to them, but the Corolla or Tazz seats might be a lot easier to get hold of.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Seats

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

A friend of mine here in Queenstown has just fitted some front Mazda/Ford Ranger seats, he said that they just bolted right in, I will take a photo and post it here.

In my Hilux I have Toyota Corrola seats, but had to modify them slightly to fit.

Also a corrola steering wheel 8)
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Seats

Post by pietpetoors »

Simon, did you modify the seats only or did you have to modify something to the Hilux floor as well?

You know, to some degree I agree with Bennie and Eric about the BM seats. I know some vehicles like VW and BMW had this system where the backrest of the seat is adjusted with a knob you turn and not a lever which locks some gears as the toy seats. I found those ones more comfortable only because you can adjust the backrest exactly as you want it. With a Corrola seat it is normally either one tooth to much to the back or one tooth too much to the front for me, nether perfect.

My 2700i Hilux's seats seems to have more tooths to the gear than the TAzz's seats because their are more options to choose from.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

seats

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

But there is a difference to the use of the seats in my single cab, I can not adjust them too much back due to the single cab, you guys who have double cabs do not have this problem, will chat again tomorrow, just had a braai and must go shower now, had a loooooooooog day, had to put a truck gearbox in this morning, thus eyes are shutting now.
cheers 8)
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan

Return to “The Workshop”