rear brake adjusment spring

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
geoff.nell
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 1995 2.4 hilux

rear brake adjusment spring

Post by geoff.nell »

Hi guys (and gals if there are any)
I am a new member, have had a Hilux since 1995, bright red single cab Raider with 140 000km, and this is the first time the rear brakes need to be done. :!: Thr front pads were replaced at 130 000km.
I took them apart, got the new shoes, and now I cannot see how to put the adjuster spring back together.
There is a cable that runs from the top, around a guide, and then has a kind of bracket at the end, then there is a little spring that comes from the adjuster lever. Where does the end of this spring attach onto?
I have the Gregory manual which gives basic pictures, but not the detail that I need.
Please help
Geoff
Cape Town
Niel
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Re: rear brake adjusment spring

Post by Niel »

Hi Geoff

Welcome to the forum and I am sure you will find the answers. I am sure Bennie or Simon will be onthe site soon and will be ale to assist.
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Geoff

Have you tried looking at the brakes excerpt from the 22RE workshop manual I posted under the Workshop manual section? See if that will help you.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=746
geoff.nell
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Vehicle: 1995 2.4 hilux

Post by geoff.nell »

Hey Bennie, thanks a bunch. I followed the link to the online manuals and found that the dual servo brakes on the 2wd are the same as mine, with very clear pics of how it fits together. All back together now, I can stop again!! Thanks for the help.
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

:wink:

Return to “The Workshop”