Circlip and Splined washer front right 2.7

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
dotcatt
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: port shepstone
Vehicle: IFS HIlux 2700I 99

Circlip and Splined washer front right 2.7

Post by dotcatt »

So my mechanic is replacing the Front brakes etc and upon opening up the hub we found that the right hand side was missing the splined washer and circlip that prevent excessive movement of the driveshaft.

Toyota says the washer does not come by itself - over R2000 for entire thing. What alternatives do I have?

Thanks!
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Re: Circlip and Splined washer front right 2.7

Post by Mr_B »

Tristan, can you post a pic or 2 of the parts needed... will help identifying if someone has for you!

Is it not an option to remove the other sides... and have an engineering works make you one?
dotcatt
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by dotcatt »

Sounds like a good plan! Thanks.

They can't do the splines - so it will just be a washer without splines, should do the job.
dotcatt
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by dotcatt »

photo
Attachments
photo.jpg
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

I'm sure they could laser cut it using the one you got as a template! Worth a ask!
Piesang
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: '99 Hilux SRX d/c 4x4

Post by Piesang »

Gee vir my die binne en buite mates van die washer en c-clip

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
rock solid
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Grand Junction
Vehicle: 85 extracab

Post by rock solid »

is the washer 27 spline?
ive got at least 10 of those layin around my garage
dotcatt
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by dotcatt »

Yeah I thought there must be quite a few lying around in various mechanics bits&pieces boxes :D: Anyways an Engineering firm, Allan and Sons did me one for R80. I got the cir-clip from the agents for R21. So it fits and I don't think the splines are totally necessary, the older Hilux's and Izuzu's don't have the splines.

So far i have saved a few thousand as I also declined to purchase the aircon and steering pump tension pulleys from toyota at R500 each and just banged out the old bearings and paid R100 for new bearings according to the advice here http://www.hilux4x4.co.za/replace-tensi ... /index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Thanks for all the help!
Piesang
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: '99 Hilux SRX d/c 4x4

Post by Piesang »

dotcatt wrote:Yeah I thought there must be quite a few lying around in various mechanics bits&pieces boxes :D: Anyways an Engineering firm, Allan and Sons did me one for R80. I got the cir-clip from the agents for R21. So it fits and I don't think the splines are totally necessary, the older Hilux's and Izuzu's don't have the splines.

So far i have saved a few thousand as I also declined to purchase the aircon and steering pump tension pulleys from toyota at R500 each and just banged out the old bearings and paid R100 for new bearings according to the advice here http://www.hilux4x4.co.za/replace-tensi ... /index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Thanks for all the help!
Bly jy het reg gekom, wat die bearing aanbetref wat op die aircon/steering pump tension pulley werk, maak seker jy gebruik 'n bearing met 'n C3 gradeering. Daar is ook 'n paar ander maak bearings dan NSK wat baie goed is bv NTN, otherwise, TIMKEN, UBC en SKF wat ons aan die ouens verskaf.

Die C3 beteken die bearing kan teen 'n hoër tempratuur werk as die sonder die C3, wat goed werk by die engin.

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7

Return to “The Workshop”