22R Help

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Cres
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: JHB
Vehicle: Cressida 2JZ , Lexus IS200 Sport , Hilux s/c 3.0D4D 4x4, Hilux d/c SFA 7MGTE

22R Help

Post by Cres »

Hi guys i need some help with my 22R. The engine floods over nite so then i got the carb serviced thinking it was the carb but this morning it flooded again to a point of hydraulic lock now i dont were too look. Some help will be appreciated :beg:
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Re: 22R Help

Post by Stef »

You don't by any chance have an electrical fuel pump? Maybe it's not switching off...

Spitballing a bit, but you must either have a vacuum on engine/carb side or pressure from the tank side to force fuel into the engine.
Check if fuel & vacuum hoses are all connected to the correct ports.

A simple test could be :dontknow: to remove fuel hose at the filter (side going to carb) in engine bay & connect a soft-ish plastic bottle/bag to it over night to see if it will be sucked flat (not sure what volume & strength to expect), unless you could get hold of a vacuum guage. At the same time hook up the remaining side from the fuel tank to a container & put in higher position than the tank to prevent siphoning & check the next morning if there is fuel in it. At least you would know which side to start looking...
Cres
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: Cressida 2JZ , Lexus IS200 Sport , Hilux s/c 3.0D4D 4x4, Hilux d/c SFA 7MGTE

Post by Cres »

Thanyou i will try it tonight
Petrusd
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 1997 2.4 Hilux DC 4x4 / Yamaha Motorfiets

Post by Petrusd »

Hi Cres,

Would you please post a few pictures of your carburetor?
I would like to see if the ones in the cressida are the same as the ones in the Hilux.

Thanx
Petrus
Last edited by Petrusd on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cres
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Cres »

Its the same as the cressida one (35290 on the metal tag) i will take a pic of it tonight

Return to “The Workshop”