Hidrolic lifters

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
mikama
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: randfontein
Vehicle: quashqai

Hidrolic lifters

Post by mikama »

Ek hoor n geraas as ek hom staart en gaan dan weg. Klink soos tappets,maar hy het hidrolic lifters
Dit was n rukie terug nou bly die geraas daar,Kan dit dalk die olie pomp,olie,olie filterwees wat ly
dat die lifters raas,Ek het Hilex 25W-60 in maar n midas olie filter, ek hoordie olie filter maak n
groot ferskil, toyota sin en midas sin. Moet ek nou die lifters
virfang of is daar iets anders wat ek moet doen
Dis n crisieda 2.8 L 6 5 M motor
Raad ASB
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Re: Hidrolic lifters

Post by Mr_B »

For safety sake get the oil pressure checked... it's normal for the hydraulic lifters to be noisy on start-up, as they require oil pressure to take up the play between their face and the cam lobe. Low oil pressure can kill the entire engine! You can try changing the oil filter, I'd rather have a FRAM or GUD than a no-name brand goody in there, a quality oil filter is a must!

If the noisy lifters continue thereafter, then it may well be time for a replacement set... MasterParts in Cape Town sell a 4Y compatible set of Chev V8 lifters... these cost a fraction of the original OEM ones... about R450 for a set of 8, compared to R 350 for one new Toy one... these Chev lifters are high quality goodies, not the usually Chinese pirate junk ones!
mikama
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: randfontein
Vehicle: quashqai

Post by mikama »

Dankie is hier nie n plek in wesrand wat quality lifters verkoop nie of is Midas O.K
Of sal daai mense in die kaap vir my pos
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

I'd probably get in contact with MasterParts, I know a few of the guys on the forum have got the lifters via the post successfully! Speak to Salie @ MasterParts Kenilworth... 021 657 5757... Part No. HYT04-04 T.D Performance Hydraulic Cam Followers...

Return to “The Workshop”