More fuel in IFS tank

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

More fuel in IFS tank

Post by Thabogrobler »

TO put an additional +-10L of juice in your IFS's tank, you must remove the non-return valve on the vent pipe.

Ja, ja, it is not intended to wirk that way, but have done it for at least 4 years/200000km in all weather/driving conditions.

Firstly when filling up, I try to park with the nose facing downward or the bakkie leaning to the left hand side. This is to help air escape from the air pockets. Otherwise I sommer use a half brick to put under the right rear wheel.

While Sipho is filling the tank, I walk over to the passenger side and about 100mm before the rear edge of the (front) door I pop my hand under the chassis rail, to the inside of the rail. There the vent pipe terminates in the non-return valve(NRV), which in turn pushes into a grommet in the chassis rail to keep it out of harms way. I pull this out of the grommet, push the clip back and pull the valve out. The first time it was really hard to get the valve out, but nowadays I can almost just whistle and it will jump out on its own! Better get under the vehicle at home first to see where exactly the pipe runs.

Now, when the auto stop on the fuel pump pops the first time, you can put in at least another 10L. It goes in really slow but you know it is full when the fuel lies still at the top for at least 10 seconds. DO NOT let the attendant keep filling it with pulling the trigger and relying on the auto-stop!!! You will stand there forever and the attendant WILL spill!!!

Afterwards you simply push the NRV back, move the clip back and push it back into the chassis grommet.

Use it, don't use it!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.

Return to “The Workshop”