2C-T and 4Y, plus some questions

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
jakeslouw
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Brits
Vehicle: Land Rover

2C-T and 4Y, plus some questions

Post by jakeslouw »

A fiend of mine has a 2C-T installed (I won't say in what, but it's the Best4x4xfar ;-) ), but it gives him hassles: it over-heats (bleeding issues?) and the turbo is starting to get a bit worn and will need a rebuild or replacement soon.

Some questions:

- does the 4Y have the same bell-housing bolt pattern as the 2C?
- can you get new turbos for the 2C? Where and how much $$?
- if no new turbos, who in Gauteng or Mpuma can rebuild the old turbo? (seals and bearings)
- I assume the 3C-T would actually be a better plan than the 2C-T if he stays diesel?

Thanks guys
jakeslouw
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Re: 2C-T and 4Y, plus some questions

Post by jakeslouw »

31 views, no comments or answers?

COME ON GUYS
Rebel 4x4
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

jakeslouw wrote:A fiend of mine has a 2C-T installed (I won't say in what, but it's the Best4x4xfar ;-) ), but it gives him hassles: it over-heats (bleeding issues?) and the turbo is starting to get a bit worn and will need a rebuild or replacement soon.

Some questions:

- does the 4Y have the same bell-housing bolt pattern as the 2C?
- can you get new turbos for the 2C? Where and how much $$?
- if no new turbos, who in Gauteng or Mpuma can rebuild the old turbo? (seals and bearings)
- I assume the 3C-T would actually be a better plan than the 2C-T if he stays diesel?

Thanks guys
Get a 29 bell housing, or make adaptor plate. They actually do sell them - don't know where to go though

No new turbo's available. Have to rebuild.

3C is awsum. My uncle transplanted them into both his SFA's 10 years ago and still going like a boeing.
Sent from my iPhone
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

Get the 2C-T oem bellhousing, then this will fit to the std SFA Gearbox.
Bijl
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Bloemfontein
Vehicle: `87 dc 4x4 Hilux (import)

Post by Bijl »

You can easily buy the correct bellhousing from the importers. The 3c-t runs on th 3Y pressure plate and cluth. It is a great engine and I have done a few km on mine with no problems. I had to make my own sump so it would fit properly and fit the KZTE radiator for the overheating promblems!
Great engine! Not extremely powerfull but enought! I would not even consider the 2C for a SFA, why go 2C if the 3C is the same engine block and bellhousing. If you can get the upgraded 3C,the one with the turbo up higher and the oil filter looking upward. If not you will struggle more with the fitment becase the oil filter catches the chassis and the turbo the firewall.

It would be great if you could fit a intercooler, that would make a really really big difference. Busy with mine, or rather busy thinking about it than doing something about it.

Hope this helps with some of your questions.
jakeslouw
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by jakeslouw »

Nee manne julle lees nie mooi nie!

The 2C-T is fitted to a Land Rover Series 3, and the previous own cut & welded the 2CT bell-housing to the series 3 bell-housing.

So if the 2CT bol;t pattern and the 4Y bolt pattern don't match, then my buddy is stuffed.

WHAT TURBO IS USED ON THE 2C-T? C9 or C12?
WHAT OTHER BRAND TURBO CAN HE FIT? GARRETT T2.5?
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by LouisZ »

Jakes, wat wil hy maak? Die 2C op die bellhousing sit wat op 'n watter ratkas gaan?

As dit op die Land Rover Ratkas moet gaan stel ek voor die 2C se bellhousing moet gebruik word met 'n adaptor plate. Moet nooit 'n 4Y en 2C se bellhousings sny en weld nie, dis 'n gemors.
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by LouisZ »

Let them redo the turbo at Stallion Turbos in Pta TEL: 012 379 8430/1. I never used them but hear alot of them, it is also nearer to Brits
jakeslouw
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by jakeslouw »

4x4megaworldpta wrote:Jakes, wat wil hy maak? Die 2C op die bellhousing sit wat op 'n watter ratkas gaan?

As dit op die Land Rover Ratkas moet gaan stel ek voor die 2C se bellhousing moet gebruik word met 'n adaptor plate. Moet nooit 'n 4Y en 2C se bellhousings sny en weld nie, dis 'n gemors.
Ja wel dis wat die vorige eienaar gedoen het: Hy het die Series bell-housing en die 2C se bellhousing aanmekaar geswys of iets.

So dit lyk asof my tjommie nou by die 2C moet bly. Die probleem is dat die turbo gaar is.

Return to “The Workshop”