New Shocks for my D4D

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

New Shocks for my D4D

Post by Mars »

My Lux has done 217000 kms on the original shock absorbers. The suspension is still standard and has been more than adequate for the type of driving I do. I am considering replacing the shocks even though I cannot say that the shocks are worn. Logic dicatates that they may be due now. I asked a fitment centre about the new Gabriel Safari HDP Shocks and the salesman said that he would not recommend them as they give a ride that is too hard and I will only end up being angry at him. He suggested that I fit normal Gabriel Safari shocks.

Does anyone have any experience in this regards or can someone possibly suggest an alternative?

Thanks
FJCruiser-ZN
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Durban
Vehicle: FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X224

Re: New Shocks for my D4D

Post by FJCruiser-ZN »

There isn't anything wrong with Gabriel Safari shocks, however if you want to spend a little more I'd go for Bilstein shocks. They are fully adjustable and serviceable.
T
If you don't own an FJ Cruiser you probably won't understand...
Until we meet on a dusty road someday, somewhere, keep on Cruisering....
2013 FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4x4 AT
2012 Jurgen's Xcape
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Genereal lifespan of a shock is 80 000km to about 100 000km. But if you a lot of bad road driving or gravel roads, shocks take a hammering and might need replacement as early as 60 000km.

Listened to a talk on Monroe shocks. There standard shocks are OME (original manufacturer equipment and not old man emu) spec but just beefed up a bit (strength wise, not damping). They then have the Monroe Adventure which is more for the 60% on road and 40% off road scenario. They are a little bit more pricey than the OME but a good alternative for the adventurous
To God be the glory
Sebata
Town: Cosmo City
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds
Club VHF Licence: X125

Post by Sebata »

Legend35-ZN wrote:There isn't anything wrong with Gabriel Safari shocks, however if you want to spend a little more I'd go for Bilstein shocks. They are fully adjustable and serviceable.
T
x 1 :thumbup: i have them on, , they are the best
Tau Sello
Sebata, Lion enjoys hunting with Hynas...
Mars

Post by Mars »

When you refer to the Safari are you talking about the new green Safari HDP or the "old" white Gabriel Safari shocks?

And Sebata do you have the Safari or Bilstein shocks?

Thanks
jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

Post by jacques kotze »

This is a topic I will follow, I have 282 000km's on the shocks in my d4d, they're also the originals. I can't say the shocks is worn or in need of replacement, but logic say it is due for replacement. I'm also considering the HDP.
Taljaag
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Secunda
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3D4D

Post by Taljaag »

This is a topic I will follow x2. :naah: :naah:

Life is Easy.....! It's the freakin' people that make it difficult!
Taljaag
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Secunda
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3D4D

Post by Taljaag »

Marnus ek het gekry op die net.

Gabriel manufactures a comprehensive range of shock absorbers designed and engineered to suit the conditions of South African roads and the local mix of vehicle models.

Drivers who use Gabriel shock absorbers comment on the smooth travelling of their vehicles. However, shock absorbers are not just for comfort; their primary purpose is to keep wheels in contact with the road. Shock absorbers also affect the steering, road handling and braking of your vehicle, which is why they are vital for your safety.

Our years of research and testing have resulted in Gabriel developing a shock absorber that is firm enough to prevent the wheels from leaving the road surface, but also supple enough in their damping to ensure that the vehicle is not directly subjected to the forces incurred by the various hazards and road conditions present in South Africa.

Our shock absorbers also control the bouncing movement of the wheels by controlling the rate at which the suspension springs compress and extend. In so doing, the shock helps maintain traction and control of the body, as well as the pitch and roll of the vehicle during cornering, braking and acceleration. With more accurate control and steering, Gabriel shock absorbers enhance safety through good road holding.

Gabriel Safari HDP – Introduction

The Gabriel Safari HDP is a genuine, robust, technologically-advanced, big-bore shock absorber specifically designed and manufactured in South Africa to cater for the heavy duty performance requirements of today’s SUV, 4×4 and light commercial applications.

Allowing for greater ride control and increased comfort over other comparative shock absorbers in the market, the Gabriel Safari HDP and its three-year unlimited kilometre warranty delivers historical Gabriel pedigree and sets a new standard for performance-based shock absorbers applications.

Gabriel Safari HDP – Product Features

•Ø35, Ø41 or Ø46 Big bore Working Cylinder
• High temperature oil that can operate effectively at 180ºC
•Viton rod seal
• Hydraulic stop lock
•360º reinforce welded mounts
•Solid Machined eye rings
•Durable polyurethane / rubber mounting bushes
•Teflon DU bushes in rod guides
•Velocity sensitive valving
•3 year unlimited kilometres warranty

Gabriel Safari HDP – Colouring Features

•New “eye catching” Green product housing/body
•Black dust cover
•Black mounting bushes
•New look packaging with quick side reference HDP colour coding
Gabriel Safari HDP – Product Benefits

•The big bore working cylinder will reduce the stress on the working components of the shock absorber thereby increasing the durability of the shock.
•The high-temperature oil infused with nitrogen gas allows the shock to effectively operate at higher temperature (180ºC) as encountered in severe off-road and loading conditions. Normal oil operates effectively at 120ºC.
•Infusing nitrogen gas enhances quicker shock absorber response times, greater vehicle control and ride comfort.
•The new polyurethane mounting bushes considerably reduce wear and tear.
•The Teflon insert between the rod guide and the rod significantly reduces the friction between the rod and the rod guide.
•The new hydraulic stop lockcushions any metal to metal contact inside the shock under full extension.
•The new cast iron piston ring is much more durable in high operating temperatures than the alternative rubber Teflon type rings.
•The full 360º reinforce welded mounts adds significant strength to the mounting points of the shock absorber.
•One piece solid machined eye-rings are much stronger and aesthetically more appealing than the normal alternative curled eye rings
•Rust inhibit finish applied (Chrome plated and trication of zinc phosphate)
•Designed for both standard and up to 50mm raised suspensions

About Gabriel:

Gabriel is a division of Control Instruments Automotive, a wholly owned subsidiary of the JSE listed Control Instruments Group. Control Instruments Automotive holds the manufacturing and distribution rights to the Gabriel range of shocks, struts and cartridge products for Sub-Saharan Africa.

Gabriel is now in its 76th year in South Africa. The company manufactures shock absorbers for most vehicles.

Gabriel was originally imported into SA in 1935. During that time, the company has introduced a number of world-first designs that were subsequently manufactured in plants worldwide. It was also the first shock absorber company to advertise on TV.

Issued by:

Sha-Izwe/CharlesSmithAssoc

ON BEHALF OF:
Control Instruments Automotive

FURTHER INFORMATION:

Charles Smith
TEL: (011) 781-6190
FAX: (011) 326-4760
Email: charles@csa.co.za
web: http://www.csa.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or

Gabriel: Sean Staley
Control Instruments Automotive
TEL: +27 (011) 627 2500
FAX: +27 (086) 682 8498
Email: sean.staley@ci-automotive.com
Web: http://www.ci-automotive.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Life is Easy.....! It's the freakin' people that make it difficult!
Mars

Post by Mars »

Dankie daarvoor. Ek hoop iemand wat die HDPs opgesit het kan vir ons sê of hulle harder ry.
Mars

Post by Mars »

Ek het nou met 'n paar installeerders gepraat (wat beide Gabriel en Monroe) installeer en hulle het feitlik deur die bank gesê dat die Monroe volgens hulle ervaring beter diens lewer. Die Monroe 4x4 Gas Magnum en die Gabriel Safari kompeteer met mekaar. Dan het hulle ook een wat met die HDP kompeteer wat sal veroorsaak dat die bakkie harder ry. Ongelukkig het niemand hier sovêr iets aangedui oor die HDPs nie. Omdat my 4x4 meestal in sand is het ek besluit om die Monroe Gas Magnums op te sit. Koste vir installasie op al vier wiele en wielsporing het R2599.37 beloop. Ek het dit maar laat doen omdat ek nie lus was vir sukkel met die voorste vere nie.

Die ou skokbrekers het nog verbasend goeie weerstand gehad maar het op die heel boonste deel van hulle slag los gevoel. Hulle het ook minder weerstand gebied as die nuwes. Dit was definitief tyd om hulle te vervang. Veral as mens die koste van die bande in ag neem.

Soos ek gesê het, het hulle nog nie werklik klaar gevoel nie. Die bakkie het nie gewieg of uitermatig geduik as mens die remme trap nie. Daar was wel 'n effense vibrasie op die stuurwiel teen sekere snelhede, selfs met die bande wat pas gebalanseer was. Ek kon ook agterkom op sinkplaat pad dat die stuurwiel vinnig "los" voel om nie te praat van die stert nie. Ek kan 'n defnitiwie verskil agterkom met die nuwe skokbrekers. Die "shimmy" op die stuurwiel is weg en hy gaan definitief meer stabiel oor die sinkplate. Die bakkie voel "stewiger" as ek dit so kan uitdruk.
Mervin
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Vehicle: 2008 3.0 D4D 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X168

Post by Mervin »

Goeienaand Mars

Ek het ook n 3.0L D4D 4x4 Hilux en my voorste shocks is klaar. Moet ook nou vervang en gaan sommer al vier doen. Is jy nog gelukkig met die Monroes?
Mars

Post by Mars »

Ek is baie tevrede. Wat my veral beindruk het was hoeveel "vaster" op die pad hy nou voel op 'n sinkplaat pad.
antlo69
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria North
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D, leveling kit, 17" with A/T BFg's, sadly stil some Tupperware, wish list growing by the day

Post by antlo69 »

Een ding wat ek agter gekom het,op al my vorige nuwe voertuie se oorspronklike skokbreekers het altyd baie langer gehou as die vervanging skokbrekers, vir een of ander rede.

Op my Hilux het ek 200k gedoen en vervang. Die Safari's wat ek nou op het was al sat op 80k.
"Must be a Toyota, must be a diesel and must run on BFG's"
Derek S. Wane
Town: Blokkloof
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0D-4D

Post by Derek S. Wane »

Hi Marnus

If you want to put back original manufactures equipment, I have a full set of new shocks, leaf springs etc, let me know.
Best regards
Derek
WayneSchalk
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Krugersdorp
Vehicle: 2019 Toyota Hilux 2.8 GD-6 4X4 DC Auto
Club VHF Licence: X117

Post by WayneSchalk »

Mars wrote:My Lux has done 217000 kms on the original shock absorbers. The suspension is still standard and has been more than adequate for the type of driving I do. I am considering replacing the shocks even though I cannot say that the shocks are worn. Logic dicatates that they may be due now. I asked a fitment centre about the new Gabriel Safari HDP Shocks and the salesman said that he would not recommend them as they give a ride that is too hard and I will only end up being angry at him. He suggested that I fit normal Gabriel Safari shocks.

Does anyone have any experience in this regards or can someone possibly suggest an alternative?

Thanks
Marnus I have the Gabriel Safari HDP, don't think they are bad. But Darryl at Mikem suspension showed me on paper they are worth the price.

There is many options out there. I like Darryl very good service :thumbup:
Mars

Post by Mars »

Hi Derek.
Damn what a pity you only post that now. Perhaps we can still talk.

Wayne. Do you find that the ride is much harder? Or how would you compare the ride to the original shocks? It would also be interesting to know what Darryl told/showed you.

Thanks
WayneSchalk
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Krugersdorp
Vehicle: 2019 Toyota Hilux 2.8 GD-6 4X4 DC Auto
Club VHF Licence: X117

Post by WayneSchalk »

Mars wrote:Hi Derek.
Damn what a pity you only post that now. Perhaps we can still talk.

Wayne. Do you find that the ride is much harder? Or how would you compare the ride to the original shocks? It would also be interesting to know what Darryl told/showed you.

Thanks
I also replaced the coils in front, so that also has an impact, but will not say its much harder, more responsive and less body roll yes.

Daryl has a machine, please don't ask for the correct terms, that he puts various shocks in, with that he measures the "up and down movement" or rebound. Like I said I don't know the right term. with that it draws a graph, and he showed me the comparison between the normal Gabriel Safari and the HDP, the graph of the 2 is very similar, so the price difference does not really justify HDP's

He also showed me what the graph should look like for something like Bilstein. Interesting stuff.
BaasJo
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Sterkrivier
Vehicle: Hilux DC 3.0D-4D 4x4

Post by BaasJo »

I repalced my HDP's last week with Bilsteins. The HDP,s are in bad shape!
After only 20 000 km in less than 2 years.
I'm taking it back to Autozone where I bought it they will send it to gabrile to get tested. It has a 3 year warrenty.
I'm very dissapointed. The ride was very good when I fitted it but it didn't last.
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Post by Traveler »

Fit Monroe Gas Magnums. They did great in more than one vehicle for me already.

I am with Cassie, do not exceed 80,000km's on the shocks. Remember shocks control rebound, therefore you do not "feel" they are worn on the inside. Shocks are designed to convert movement energy into heat through the oil inside the shocks. What happens with oil when exposed to regular and constant heat over time? It degrades.

Know what you don't know.
Mars

Post by Mars »

Thanks Wayne. Now I'm really happy I went for the Monroes.
Jakkals77
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Ruimsig
Vehicle: 2009 Toyota Hilux D/C 4.0 V6 4x4

Post by Jakkals77 »

I also fitted the Monroe Gas Magnums after allot of research that was done. I dont think you can get much better for that price. I wonder if Bilstein would do a significantly better job to justify the price difference?
Nobit
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: Hilux Legend 40, 3.0D4D 4x4 Auto

Post by Nobit »

I swapped my original shocks for the Bilstein shocks and i was very happy with the result. Better handling especially on corrugated dirt roads. And they seemed to handle quiet alot of punishment.
Once i did a number of mods...and the front end started getting very heavy. Dual Battery, Bumper, Winch, spots, Bash Plates, Rock Sliders, etc.......I needed to change the springs to something a bit stronger.
After trying a few options with Darryl (AWESOME SERVICE)......I Ended up an EFS setup which is working well with all the additional weight.
African Child
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: Hilux 4L 4x4

Post by African Child »

Ek baie bly oor die topic! My Old Man Emo het nou 200 000km op en ja seker minstens n 100 000km oor hulle veronderstelde leeftyd, maar hulle het tot einde laasjaar nog so goed perform dat dit nie n probleem was nie. Maar nou kan ek voel hulle is moeg en ek moet dringend n plan maak. Hier is n goeie artikel oor toetse wat gedoen is.

http://www.raw4x4.com.au/SiteFiles/raw4 ... ro_WEB.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alone I wander a thousand miles, and I ask my way from the clouds.
Mars

Post by Mars »

Dankie daarvoor Leon. Wens ons kon iets soortgelyk kry vir die ander skokbrekers wat plaaslik beskikbaar is.
African Child
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: Hilux 4L 4x4

Post by African Child »

Ek gaan maar die Tuff Dog shocks probeer. Koop dit by R&D Offroad ( Cris Ingram ) vir R9330.
Alone I wander a thousand miles, and I ask my way from the clouds.
Tsa
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: 2010 Toyota Fortuner 4x4

Post by Tsa »

Wat is julle manne se voorstelle vir shocks op Fortuner? Niks ernstige off road, meestal overlanding.
Mars

Post by Mars »

As die suspensie nog standard is het my navorsing gewys om vir die Monroe Gas Magnums te gaan. Ek is sovêr nog tevrede met myne op my Lux en die aanwending is dieselfde as joune.
Whiteley
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Kathu
Vehicle: 2011 Toyota Hilux D/C D4D 4x4

Post by Whiteley »

Wat dink julle van Camil shocks? Ek ken iemand wat al 6 jaar dit op sy Colt ry en nog geen probleme het nie :blink: . Het enigeiemand ondervinding met Camil op 'n Hilux of moet ek maar gaan vir die Monroe's? Is die Monroe's effens langer as standaard shocks en wat is die prys verskil tussen die twee?
Tal
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kroonstad
Vehicle: Fortuna

Post by Tal »

Tsa wrote:Wat is julle manne se voorstelle vir shocks op Fortuner? Niks ernstige off road, meestal overlanding.
Tuna se voorste skokbrekers is baie goed en kan selfs heelwat gewig vat sou jy dual battery ens he, daar kan jy wegkom met 'n paar spacers! Probleem is agter! Daar is baie verskillende paaie om te vat, persoonlik het ek LC80/100 TJM XGS in wat baie goed vir my werk, het nou 700+mm artikulasie op my agterste as, maar vir overlandig sal ek beslis airhelpers insit!!! Jy bepaal die druk volgens die load wat jy dra en werk wonders!
Ek het so gemideld van tussen 60 en 70mm lift voor en agter.
Whiteley wrote:Wat dink julle van Camil shocks? Ek ken iemand wat al 6 jaar dit op sy Colt ry en nog geen probleme het nie :blink: . Het enigeiemand ondervinding met Camil op 'n Hilux of moet ek maar gaan vir die Monroe's? Is die Monroe's effens langer as standaard shocks en wat is die prys verskil tussen die twee?
Camils het ek in my navara gery en is baie lekker omdat jy dit sommer self kan stel, maar hulle het verskriklik gekreun en steun! Tot so 'n mate dat ek dit nie meer kon hanteer nie! Persoonlik sal ek dit nie weer in een van my voertuie gebruik nie.
ONE LIFE.... DRIVE A TOYOTA
Whiteley
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Whiteley »

Dankie Tal, goed om te weet. Ek stem saam, ek het my bakkie 50mm vor gelig met spacers en werk goed sover. Ek dink amper die tuna en hilux het presies dieselfde coils voor in en is baie sterk. Het 'n gebuigde coil compressor tool gesien nou die dag agv van die toyota coils. Kyk bietjie na die Rancho Quicklift RS9000XL, so R4000 vir die 2 voor by Fit it, ek was beindruk.

Ek het vandag vir my Rancho shocks vir agter bestel, besluit nog of ek die extra blade of extended shackles wil doen, of dalk sommer Rancho se vere. 2 shocks vir agter met arbeid kos my R2500.

Doen dit die naweek, sal julle op hoogte hou.

:thumbup:
Attachments
images (2).jpg
images (2).jpg (3.5 KiB) Viewed 6317 times
images (1).jpg
images (1).jpg (6.86 KiB) Viewed 6317 times
images.jpg
images.jpg (6.5 KiB) Viewed 6317 times
Whiteley
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Whiteley »

Shocks is in! Ongelooflike ervaring, my bakkie ry baie sagter, stamp nie so erg nie. Ekt die shocks op setting 3 gesit, ry lekker sag van die pad af ook, sal stywer stellings ook probeer. Baie goeie waarde vir geld, kan nog nie veel se oor betroubaarheid van hulle nie, maar ek is happy met wat ek gekry het :dance1:

Fotos>>>
Attachments
IMG-20130614-00544.jpg
IMG-20130614-00541.jpg
IMG-20130614-00540.jpg
IMG-20130614-00539.jpg
IMG-20130614-00538.jpg
IMG-20130614-00537.jpg
Tal
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Tal »

Whiteley wrote:Shocks is in! Ongelooflike ervaring, my bakkie ry baie sagter, stamp nie so erg nie. Ekt die shocks op setting 3 gesit, ry lekker sag van die pad af ook, sal stywer stellings ook probeer. Baie goeie waarde vir geld, kan nog nie veel se oor betroubaarheid van hulle nie, maar ek is happy met wat ek gekry het :dance1:

Fotos>>>
Lyk lekker!!!
Geniet! En hou ons op hoogte!
Tsa
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Tsa »

Dankie vir die feedback. Ek het toe vir die Monroe Gas Magnums op die Tuna gegaan. Die rit as baie sagter en stamp nie so erg nie.

Dit is wel 'n GROOT verandering in die bestuur van die voertuig. Dit voel asof daar baie meer beweging tussen die bak en die as is. Seker wat hulle "body roll" noem? Voel as ek om 'n draai gaan asof die voertuig meer na een kant toe lê. Is dit normaal of net ek wat gewoond geraak het aan die ou shocks se maniere?
Tal
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Tal »

Klink nie vir my reg nie! Hoe minder bodyroll hoe beter, maar langer shocks kan dit veroorsaak omdat die coils effens te kort is!

Maklike oplossing is ander coils, bv progressive coils by mikem of spacers bo op die coils wat net meer compressie gee.

Kan ook wees dat hy net na die eenkant toe meer rol, dit kan dan wees dat jou panhard rod nie reg opgelyn is nie, jy kry aftermarket panhards maar jy kry ook 'n extension bracket...

Maar soos ek genoem het jy sal eers die probleem moet vasstel!
Tal
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Tal »

Tsa wrote:Dankie vir die feedback. Ek het toe vir die Monroe Gas Magnums op die Tuna gegaan. Die rit as baie sagter en stamp nie so erg nie.

Dit is wel 'n GROOT verandering in die bestuur van die voertuig. Dit voel asof daar baie meer beweging tussen die bak en die as is. Seker wat hulle "body roll" noem? Voel as ek om 'n draai gaan asof die voertuig meer na een kant toe lê. Is dit normaal of net ek wat gewoond geraak het aan die ou shocks se maniere?
Tal wrote:Klink nie vir my reg nie! Hoe minder bodyroll hoe beter, maar langer shocks kan dit veroorsaak omdat die coils effens te kort is!

Maklike oplossing is ander coils, bv progressive coils by mikem of spacers bo op die coils wat net meer compressie gee.

Kan ook wees dat hy net na die eenkant toe meer rol, dit kan dan wees dat jou panhard rod nie reg opgelyn is nie, jy kry aftermarket panhards maar jy kry ook 'n extension bracket...

Maar soos ek genoem het jy sal eers die probleem moet vasstel!
Soos ek genoem het, hoe minder bodyroll hoe beter!!!!!!!
Tsa
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Tsa »

Dankie Tal

Ek vermoed dat ek net nie gewoond is daaraan nie, maar ek moet nog bietjie meer tyd agter die stuur spandeer en bietjie self toets om met sekerheid te se.
Al my ou shocks het al begin olie lek en bleikbaar was links voor en regs agter al naby aan moeilikheid gee. Ekt regtig niks snaaks gevoel met hulle nie, so dalk net nou vir die 1st keer reg met die nuwes! :)

Ja ek is sleg met sulke goed! :(
Tal
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

New Shocks for my D4D

Post by Tal »

Ek het ook ander skokbrekers, TJM XGS Land Cruiser 80/100 series shocks in my tuna, maar daar is bittermin body roll! Ek kan hom nogal druk in 'n draai in en ek sit met 'n 70mm lift
Mars

Post by Mars »

Tsa wrote:Dankie vir die feedback. Ek het toe vir die Monroe Gas Magnums op die Tuna gegaan. Die rit as baie sagter en stamp nie so erg nie.

Ja dit klink ook nie vir my reg nie. My ervaring was die teendeel na ek die nuwe Monroes ingesit het. Dit het definitief gevoel asof die bak minder rol. Dis natuurlik die Hilux Dubbelkajuit so is ligter op die agter-as as die Fortuner. Ek dink so ten minste?
Tal
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Tal »

Mars wrote:

Ja dit klink ook nie vir my reg nie. My ervaring was die teendeel na ek die nuwe Monroes ingesit het. Dit het definitief gevoel asof die bak minder rol. Dis natuurlik die Hilux Dubbelkajuit so is ligter op die agter-as as die Fortuner. Ek dink so ten minste?
Ding is die tuna het coils agter waar die vigo bladvere het, so hy is geneig tot bietjie meer rol, maar dit moet verseker minder wees na nuwe skokbrekers, nie meer nie! Dink regtig daar moet gekyk word na progressive coils of self airhelpers, weet nie of dit minder body roll sal gee nie...

Return to “The Workshop”