VIGO V6 Engine Warning Light ON

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Sebata
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cosmo City
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds
Club VHF Licence: X125

VIGO V6 Engine Warning Light ON

Post by Sebata »

hi Guys,

prior to Engine Warning Light coming on, here is what i observed when i was driving back from Lesotho this passed weekend.

i started noticing that my speedometer vs GPS speed was way off the mark, while driving 120km/h on the speedo, GPS would read 135km/h which is way off the normal mark because GPS 120 would be around 123 on the speedo.

Monday morning as i was pulling the truck off the yard i noticed Engine Warning Light was on, switched off the truck & back back on the warning light was still on. initial thought was its due for service. but on second thought, my van is only on 187700 & its due for service on 190000.

as i read on other forums, they talk of error codes detected buy computer, which might be the results of coolant levels, temperature or something to do with exhaust (i removed the cats, could this be the result perhaps, MINI cats were fitted also)......now im confused :dontknow: :sos:

could you please give some direction if its still safe to drive it or what might the problem be
Attachments
that is the light that came ON
that is the light that came ON
eng_man_light_72.jpg (2.33 KiB) Viewed 3138 times
Tau Sello
Sebata, Lion enjoys hunting with Hynas...
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: VIGO V6 Engine Warning Light ON

Post by CasKru »

Tau... you can purchase an OBD2 diagnostics tool from 4x4 Direct to check the fault code which will make it much easier to solve the problem
http://www.4x4direct.co.za/shop/tools-c ... -p-781.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
To God be the glory
African Child
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: Hilux 4L 4x4

Post by African Child »

My first though would be the probe sensors that checks the exhaust air. There is a little wire on the back of the probe that gives problems form time to time. I think it got damage while removing the cats on mine.

The best would be to let them check the error code and take it from there.

As far as the speedo....... it sound correct. The Vigo's speedo is far out and now even with 33" tyres on mine I am still doing 1 or 2 km/h less than the speedo shows. This is the reason am quietly smiling when people are bragging with there fuel consumption on the V6 Vigo. O well at least it makes you feel better at the pumps hey
Alone I wander a thousand miles, and I ask my way from the clouds.
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

African Child wrote:My first though would be the probe sensors that checks the exhaust air. There is a little wire on the back of the probe that gives problems form time to time. I think it got damage while removing the cats on mine.

As far as the speedo....... it sound correct. The Vigo's speedo is far out and now even with 33" tyres on mine I am still doing 1 or 2 km/h less than the speedo shows. This is the reason am quietly smiling when people are bragging with there fuel consumption on the V6 Vigo. O well at least it makes you feel better at the pumps hey
The only difference is that he is actually traveling faster than the speedo displays... not the other way round as usual :shock: :shock:
To God be the glory
Sebata
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds

Post by Sebata »

CasKru wrote:
African Child wrote:My first though would be the probe sensors that checks the exhaust air. There is a little wire on the back of the probe that gives problems form time to time. I think it got damage while removing the cats on mine.

The only difference is that he is actually traveling faster than the speedo displays... not the other way round as usual :shock: :shock:
spot ON Cas.
Tau Sello
Ali3n
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Jeep Commander 3.0 Limited
Club VHF Licence: B338

Post by Ali3n »

Time for a new GPS :twisted: :twisted:
PRESENTLY DISADVANTAGED
ImageImageImage Link BrokenImageImage Link Broken
Custom built Rock Sliders, Bumpers, Belly protection.... Anything you can think of
Cell: 076 122 3744 E-Mail: fpanaino@gmail.com
Bear Grylls calls it "Ultimate Survival", overlanders call it "Camping"
Sebata

Post by Sebata »

Ali3n wrote:Time for a new GPS :twisted: :twisted:
:punch:
Tau Sello
African Child
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: Hilux 4L 4x4

Post by African Child »

Ooooo nous ek by! :blushing: Ja nee daai klink bietjie verdag hoor :blink:
Alone I wander a thousand miles, and I ask my way from the clouds.
AM Racing
Town: East London
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Post by AM Racing »

Get the system scanned and take it from there....
ImageImageImage
Sebata

Post by Sebata »

AM Racing wrote:Get the system scanned and take it from there....
thanks Dylan, is it still safe to drive though or should it remain parked till its sorted?
Tau Sello
Pietman
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2005 Hilux V6 4L D/C 4X4

Post by Pietman »

Hi Tau

Last year one Sunday afternoon, I did a river crossing with my truck. After the crossing the same engine light came on. I stopped the vehicle thinking it might be something to do with the radiator or something. After half an hour of searching we could not find any fault.

I drove home and the next morning went to my regular mechanic. He plugged in his computer and ran a few tests. He cleared the error light and said that I must take the vehicle home and see if the error returns the next day. I drove down to Hoedspruit to fetch a friend, some 400km return, and the error didn't come back.

The next morning it did and I took it back. He then did a more thorough test and got an error code. He phoned one of his buddies at Toyota and he explained that the problem was 2 sensors on the exhaust that had blown. These were replaced and the problem was sorted. :thumbup:
EX ALTO VINCIMUS
Sebata

Post by Sebata »

Pietman wrote:Hi Tau

Last year one Sunday afternoon, I did a river crossing with my truck. After the crossing the same engine light came on. I stopped the vehicle thinking it might be something to do with the radiator or something. After half an hour of searching we could not find any fault.

I drove home and the next morning went to my regular mechanic. He plugged in his computer and ran a few tests. He cleared the error light and said that I must take the vehicle home and see if the error returns the next day. I drove down to Hoedspruit to fetch a friend, some 400km return, and the error didn't come back.

The next morning it did and I took it back. He then did a more thorough test and got an error code. He phoned one of his buddies at Toyota and he explained that the problem was 2 sensors on the exhaust that had blown. These were replaced and the problem was sorted. :thumbup:
Hi Pieter,

im inclined to think the problem might be the mini cats that were installed, i phoned my mechanic this morning he suspects the CO2 levels might be too high, he'll plug it on the machine to check the error codes as well...
Tau Sello
ForYota
Town: Gauteng
Vehicle: Sold my beloved Lux..

Post by ForYota »

Sebata wrote:
Pietman wrote:Hi Tau

Hi Pieter,

im inclined to think the problem might be the mini cats that were installed, i phoned my mechanic this morning he suspects the CO2 levels might be too high, he'll plug it on the machine to check the error codes as well...
Wish I had my own mechanic :mocking: :mocking:

Hope he gets your van sorted :thumbup:
ImageImageImageImage

If I can't go in my Hilux I ain't Going
Sebata

Post by Sebata »

:surrender:
Tau Sello
Sebata

Post by Sebata »

So I met with the machanic, he scanned the truck & P0333 error was found..simply translate to knock sensor, bank 2, which might happen that the bloody dog could have snapped the cable as it did with the ABS sensor cable...
Tau Sello

Return to “The Workshop”