Rebuilding/ Restoring my SFA hilux

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
MacD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4

Rebuilding/ Restoring my SFA hilux

Post by MacD »

Hi Guys
I'm new to the Forum,I joined long time ago,but never posted anything until now,I bought my 1st SFA Hilux 4x4 d/c,the only prob is,it's totally stripped,so I need to build it up,most of the parts is there,but to me it's useless. I'm in Cape town,where is the best places to source parts from. The body must also be sorted,the previous owner took most of the rust out,but I still need to do the cutters,I think that's the only major thing,that still need to be done...Any advise would be highly appreciated....Mac
Attachments
IMG00765-20130810-1740.jpg
IMG00764-20130810-1739.jpg
IMG00758-20130810-1639.jpg
IMG00752-20130810-1339.jpg
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Rebuilding/ Restoring my SFA hilux

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome Mac! :thumbup: :thumbup:

A daunting task you've taken on there, but not impossible. Those gutters are not easy, so if you're not in the panel beating trade, rather take it to a reputable shop and let them sort that and the body out for you. I'm sure the W/Cape guys will advise where best to take it and where to source any missing parts. Also keep an eye open here on the forum in the 'For Sale' section ... all sorts of bits and bobs become available from time to time ... also ask in 'Wanted' if there's something you need, you never know, someone might be sitting with one. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vioolsdrift
Vehicle: 2010 4.0 V6 Fortuner 4x4
Club VHF Licence: N/A

Post by Froll »

Welcome Mac, hope you enjoy it here on the forum. Good luck with the task at hand, it is a massive job, but when it is finished you will look on the truck with pride and be able to say, I did that. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

Welcome Mac
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Welcome Mac, good luck with the project.
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
AM Racing
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: East London
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Post by AM Racing »

Welcome! Got a bit of work to do there. If body work is not your forte let a professional finish it of properly. The rest is easy enough to do...
ImageImageImage

Return to “The Workshop”