toyota 2.7 petrol misfire

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
LinoD
Town: primrose germiston
Vehicle: hilux 2.7 petrol

toyota 2.7 petrol misfire

Post by LinoD »

i have 2005 2.7 petrol that has a dead cylinder that i just can get ride of,
changed the spark plugs,spark plug leads and even the coil packs, but it still doesnt run....any body got any ideas what the cause can be...????
it runs fine and then it starts up again
Tyrone D4D
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: cape town
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D

Re: toyota 2.7 petrol misfire

Post by Tyrone D4D »

Cylinder head not maybe warped or cracked?Didn't perhaps over heat sometime?I had a similar problem with a car years ago.Was a cracked head.
FJCruiser-ZN
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Durban
Vehicle: FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X224

Post by FJCruiser-ZN »

Faulty injector, T
If you don't own an FJ Cruiser you probably won't understand...
Until we meet on a dusty road someday, somewhere, keep on Cruisering....
2013 FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4x4 AT
2012 Jurgen's Xcape
Gideonvanzyl
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 D/C 4x4

Post by Gideonvanzyl »

Mine did the same in August this year. Runs on all four then suddenly only on 3 cylinders. It did that about 4 times and then stayed on x3 cylinders. I changed the dead cylinders injector with another one that was running to see and the problem shifted to the other cylinder. This is how I was sure it was the injector. I paid just over R2000 for the injector. Take the sample to Toyota, I could only get it from them. Make sure you get the right injector, they tried to sell me the wrong one.
Be careful when you change the injectors around. They have a rubber o ring going into the injector rail. If you damage it, it's going to leak petrol. As the injector go into the cylinder there is another bigger o ring. Don't damage it, I had to replace all 4 mine after some clever guy forced the rail with the injectors into the cylinder head and chipped the rubbers, they sell at Toyota for R100 a rubber. I could not get pirate parts anywhere in Cape Town.

Good luck, not the ideal time of the year to spend money on your hilux.
Toyota Hilux 2.7 Legend 35 (Bullnose) 2003 d/cab 4x4 with Cooper Discoverer AT 3's on with unichip and Powerflow exhaust. Name: Blouwillebees

Return to “The Workshop”