Clutch and airbag light issue on 2008 Hilux

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Dingo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 95 4x4 DC Hilux, 7MG engine, EFS suspension, Home made custom off-road canopy.

Clutch and airbag light issue on 2008 Hilux

Post by Dingo »

Howdy

looking at buying a 2008 D4D DC and picked up on two issues that I'm not to happy with. the vehicle has 230 000 kms on the clock.

- what would cause the clutch to take very low, I mean the pedal literally moves an inch and the clutch takes.
- why would the airbag light stay on. I heard that this was a recall by Toyota, would it still be honoured for a 2008 model
Die$eL
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 06' Hilux 3.0 D4D 4X4

Re: Clutch and airbag light issue on 2008 Hilux

Post by Die$eL »

Hi,

Yes Toyota will still cover the spiral cable for the airbag issue.

Regarding the clutch, it could just need that the fluid be replaced and the system be bled.

Or it could mean it needs a new clutch kit.... Thats probably around R5-6k (I think). If you really like the vehicle, get the seller to come down in price to cover that cost.
Real drivers use three pedals
Dingo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 95 4x4 DC Hilux, 7MG engine, EFS suspension, Home made custom off-road canopy.

Re: Clutch and airbag light issue on 2008 Hilux

Post by Dingo »

That's good news re the airbag light.

Clutch I thought of just replacing anyway due to the mileage and was thinking around R7k. Although the clutch did feel quite soft, so a bleed of the system could do the trick.

Return to “The Workshop”