Kzte cuts out

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Ranger375
Town: Madikwe game reserve
Vehicle: Hilux dc 3.0 kzte 4x4
Club VHF Licence: b1e

Kzte cuts out

Post by Ranger375 »

Good day all

I need some help, I am stuck in the bush and I had my bakkie looked at but nobody seems to be able to help me.

My 2001 kzte keeps cutting out while driving but I have also noticed if I push 60 it seems that it's not getting enough fuel. I need some advice to troubleshoot before I start going to the extreme of getting bakkie to rustenburg where I hope I can get assistance.

Any advice is welcome
Rigger
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: George
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 S/C 4x4

Re: Kzte cuts out

Post by Rigger »

If you say diesel starvation i will first replace the diesel filter. If that doesn't solve your problem i will start checking all the plug and harness on the injector pump. Check all the hoses of the turbo.

Is there any more info you can provide? Is it chipped? Does it blow out any white smoke when you accelerate to indicate turbo issues?
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Agree, diesel filter. Then check the fuel lines for cracks/leaks.

Maybe first take of the fuel cap - mightbe a blocked vent?
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
drew3
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Tuli Block
Vehicle: '01 Toyota Hilux 4x4 Raider 2.7i DC

Post by drew3 »

Had what sounds to be the same issue with a cruiser before. Turned out that I had dirty diesel and the fuel filter was clogged up, not letting any diesel through. Replaced it and and drained the tank. All was well again.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
2001 Hilux 4x4 Raider 2.7i DC
Ranger375

Post by Ranger375 »

I had a leak on the tank fixed it had a leak. I have checked the cap and seems clean, it came back from repairs on side shaft and valve clearances. My bakkie has sac intercooler, turbo and a chip in.
But will see if the local general dealer has a filter I think it a z188 checked on their web site
Ranger375

Post by Ranger375 »

The vehicle idles smooth and uses no water or oil, runs cool. Turbo kicks in nice and smooth just before it gets starved from fuel and cuts out. But if it cuts out sometime when I try to start it the coil light stays of until I take the key out and fiddle with the key a few times. I think it might be different problems, my immobiliser is disconnected I think. I drive a lot of gravel road

Return to “The Workshop”